So Sick Of Being Sick. and Grateful To Be Here!

Hi! I'm grateful to Ray Peat, and all the Peatarians online who have helped me gain incredibly helpful insights to my health (or lack of it) and how to heal it. I am a traditional diet nutritionist who unfortunately was also LCHF for 15 years, because initially it helped alot. Sally Fallon officially states that WAPF is not Paleo, but I think people tend to gravitate to the good fats when they learn about them, and away from carbs due to the gluten, and because its become a modern day myth that ketosis is healthy. If it wasn't for you I don't know if I could have gotten past my longheld fear of sugar, after feeling like crap from the S.A.D diet 40 years.
In a nutshell (if that's possible) I have a lifetime of mental problems (anxiety, depression, OCD, panic, 20 years of depersonalization, and even suicidal ideations the last 3-4 years. Yikes!), blood sugar dysregulation, low energy, and now hyperventilating for 5-10 years.
Since going RP for a few weeks I have had lots of relief from moodiness/depression, afib, overheating, adrenaline surges, insomnia, metabolic syndrome, and my temp has gone up .4 degrees. Yahoo!
I just wanted to say hi, and have plans for posting lots of questions...and continuing doing lots of reading on here. It's so helpful! And I've already shared lots of info with my clients. The sugar thing is really a tough sell, which is so sad. I love using cars for lots of analogies...always seems to fit so well.
Thanks for all your help!
Maureen in Wisconsin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maureen, welcome to the forum. :)

Since going RP for a few weeks I have had lots of relief from moodiness/depression, afib, overheating, adrenaline surges, insomnia, metabolic syndrome, and my temp has gone up .4 degrees. Yahoo!
You have made the turn. So happy you are finding relief. :D

Kudos to you for attacking the anti-sugar propaganda on the front lines. See you around the forum. :thumbsup:

tara

Welcome Maureen :)

Looks as though you are on your way, with more possibilities ahead of you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the forum Maureen. I'm looking forward to having someone with your perspective here on the forum.:welcome

Trix

Maureen, have you investigated B1 Thiamine? I followed WAP diet principles for 10 years and never thought I'd be deficient, but after reading an article from the website Oxygen the Spark of Life, I experimented with Ecological Formulas 50 mg of Allitiamine. I googled Thiamine and 3 things you listed and came up with plenty to read. I've been studying Thiamine since early January and I cannot tell you how impressed I am....
The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Psychiatry

GAF

Speaking of car analogies. The RP metabolic theory of everything is that health problems boil down to an energy defiency. So, the number one treatment for everything is boosting metabolism by all means available. First, is to put clean high octane fuel into your engine and that would be sugar. Low octane dirty fuel, such a pufa, should be avoided, because while your car will run, eventually it will clog up the engine and die. And, putting high octane fuel in your car after years of dirty pufa fuel won't repair the damage by itself, so more drastic repairs may be necessary.

M

marikay

Speaking of car analogies. The RP metabolic theory of everything is that health problems boil down to an energy defiency. So, the number one treatment for everything is boosting metabolism by all means available. First, is to put clean high octane fuel into your engine and that would be sugar. Low octane dirty fuel, such a pufa, should be avoided, because while your car will run, eventually it will clog up the engine and die. And, putting high octane fuel in your car after years of dirty pufa fuel won't repair the damage by itself, so more drastic repairs may be necessary.

An excellent and fun analogy.

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Maureen, welcome to the forum. :)

You have made the turn. So happy you are finding relief. :D

Kudos to you for attacking the anti-sugar propaganda on the front lines. See you around the forum. :thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie! Sorry for the slow reply. My brain fog has gotten worse and worse the last few years, making my focus pretty bad. I get on the forum every day to post comments, questions, replies, etc., but end up getting distracted by all the pretty shiny things...so much much great information to take in! ;)

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Welcome Maureen :)

Looks as though you are on your way, with more possibilities ahead of you.

Thank you Tara! I love your tagline...gives me a good laugh every time I read it. :lol:

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Welcome to the forum Maureen. I'm looking forward to having someone with your perspective here on the forum.:welcome

Thank you Blossom. I am very grateful and relieved to be here! :happy:

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Maureen, have you investigated B1 Thiamine? I followed WAP diet principles for 10 years and never thought I'd be deficient, but after reading an article from the website Oxygen the Spark of Life, I experimented with Ecological Formulas 50 mg of Allitiamine. I googled Thiamine and 3 things you listed and came up with plenty to read. I've been studying Thiamine since early January and I cannot tell you how impressed I am....
The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Psychiatry

Thank you Trix for the great information! I actually just bought and tried both thiamine and nicotimanide. B vitamins have been essential for helping my mental health for the last 15 years. It started when I was so irritable that I quit my job at WIC because I couldn't stand one of my coworkers...and many many other things. My mom happened to suggest taking biotin for my RLS, and within 2 days I could stand life again. It saved my life! Since then I have been a huge believer in B vitamins, and how much suffering is out there due to deficiencies. Unfortunately due to my terrible sensitivities I have developed over the years for most supplements I'm not able to take them long before they bother my mind. I'm convinced it's a combination of heavy metal toxicities, fatty liver, gut inflammation/serotonin, glutamate exitotoxicity, and the DP.
So, I'm taking it slow with the thiamine because it... of course...bothers me. :(

OP
Mmmaurshmallows
Love it! So true. Thanks for this! :thumbright

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals