Hi To Everyone,new Here

ste199

Hello to everyone!:greenwave

i'm a very young boy who lives in italy, so sorry for my bad english.

I've been intrested in nutrition since 3 years and i've discovered Ray Peat 6 months ago.before Peat i tried a terrible vegetarian diet with soy and grains a very low protein intake and no salt and i completly cut dairy and sugar then i tried a pseudo-paleo diet with tons of fish,seeds PUFA and lot of muscular meat,in addition i always exercise very hard doing running,cycling and some weight lifting and drank a lot of water.All this lead me to a very bad healt with issue like waking up all night to urinate,very bad sleep,leg pain,depression,cold hands and feet,brain fog and fatigue:thumbdown:.

When i started to eat salt sugar and cheese they seems me very delicious and i ate ton of them.now after 6 month i've gained a bit of muscular mass(i've always be skinny and underweight)and improved in many ways,i sleep like a rock,more energy and mind clarity but i still have some problem:sometimes a sense of depersonalization,irritable stomach(if i get 120 mg of aspirin my stomach hurts for a week),anxiety, cold feet especially in morning,sometimes i feel breathless,and some days i feel a bit tired.

I think that most of my symptomsare caused by anxiety and i hope to improve.
I appreciate a lot also the filosofy of Ray and his way to look at the world and i hope one day all pepole could understand it.also i like this forum which i've lurked for months seems to me full of good and wise mind.
Again sorry for grammar error.:grin

heartnhands

Hello to everyone!:greenwave

i'm a very young boy who lives in italy, so sorry for my bad english.

I've been intrested in nutrition since 3 years and i've discovered Ray Peat 6 months ago.before Peat i tried a terrible vegetarian diet with soy and grains a very low protein intake and no salt and i completly cut dairy and sugar then i tried a pseudo-paleo diet with tons of fish,seeds PUFA and lot of muscular meat,in addition i always exercise very hard doing running,cycling and some weight lifting and drank a lot of water.All this lead me to a very bad healt with issue like waking up all night to urinate,very bad sleep,leg pain,depression,cold hands and feet,brain fog and fatigue:thumbdown:.

When i started to eat salt sugar and cheese they seems me very delicious and i ate ton of them.now after 6 month i've gained a bit of muscular mass(i've always be skinny and underweight)and improved in many ways,i sleep like a rock,more energy and mind clarity but i still have some problem:sometimes a sense of depersonalization,irritable stomach(if i get 120 mg of aspirin my stomach hurts for a week),anxiety, cold feet especially in morning,sometimes i feel breathless,and some days i feel a bit tired.

I think that most of my symptomsare caused by anxiety and i hope to improve.
I appreciate a lot also the filosofy of Ray and his way to look at the world and i hope one day all pepole could understand it.also i like this forum which i've lurked for months seems to me full of good and wise mind.
Again sorry for grammar error.:grin
Greeetings !

whit

Welcome STE199.
I wish I'd found Peat at a young age.
I also was into sports and diet experimentation from early on.
You're in the right place.
Glad you found us.

OP
ste199

ste199

Thank you all for the welcome!

Welcome STE199.
I wish I'd found Peat at a young age.
I also was into sports and diet experimentation from early on.
You're in the right place.
Glad you found us.
I'm glad too to have discovered Peat:grin.
Well,before Peat i was using Flaxseed oils and i noticed that i felt "off" and that i caught more cold and flu after using large amounts of it,so i googled "Omega 3 damage" and i discovered Ray's work.

milk_lover

Welcome Ste199! I was in a similar situation just like you (read my first ever post on the forum). I think you're on the right path as you found Ray Peat's enlightening ideas. I hope we can learn from your experiences and you learn from this knowledgeable forum.

OP
ste199

ste199

Welcome Ste199! I was in a similar situation just like you (read my first ever post on the forum). I think you're on the right path as you found Ray Peat's enlightening ideas. I hope we can learn from your experiences and you learn from this knowledgeable forum

Thank you milk_lover!
I've read your post and i hope you recovered from your problem,i have a grandmother too and her idea on alimentation seems "Peaty",i think the instinct of some old pepole is more sensated that most of dietary guidelines of nowadays.
It's a shame governments and medical associations spread "Healty guidelines" which go against the common sense and pepole ignore what their body are telling to them,i think is very important listen to our body and instinct like our ancestors do for thousand years.

milk_lover

Thank you milk_lover!
I've read your post and i hope you recovered from your problem,i have a grandmother too and her idea on alimentation seems "Peaty",i think the instinct of some old pepole is more sensated that most of dietary guidelines of nowadays.
It's a shame governments and medical associations spread "Healty guidelines" which go against the common sense and pepole ignore what their body are telling to them,i think is very important listen to our body and instinct like our ancestors do for thousand years.
Amen to that!
I am still work in progress ste199 but I am getting there. I feel it.

tara

:welcome ste199

Well,before Peat i was using Flaxseed oils and i noticed that i felt "off" and that i caught more cold and flu after using large amounts of it,so i googled "Omega 3 damage
Nice noticing.

OP
ste199

ste199

Thank you Tara for the welcome!