Sinus Problems

aquila2009

Does anyone know what could cause two opposite symptoms that often happen in the same day…. I bounce between extremely dry sinuses and eyes sometimes, and other times theyre filled with thick white mucous that puts pressure on my eyes and ears.

Started years ago when I tanked my health on a vegan very low calorie diet. Ive recovered most of my metabolism through this forum but I don’t known what causes or triggers this problem.

redsun

Does anyone know what could cause two opposite symptoms that often happen in the same day…. I bounce between extremely dry sinuses and eyes sometimes, and other times theyre filled with thick white mucous that puts pressure on my eyes and ears.

Started years ago when I tanked my health on a vegan very low calorie diet. Ive recovered most of my metabolism through this forum but I don’t known what causes or triggers this problem.

Lack of salt and dehydration. You need to work on maintaining a good level of sodium intake daily, about 4g or more of sodium. Salt thins mucus and if you dehydrate this would be why your eyes and sinuses get dry.

Lejeboca

I'd use neti pot as a way to hydrate and to take out mucus; several times per day as needed. I add other things in my neti pot: tea or herbal infusion, a drop m. blue or even essential oil.

pushkin

I had the same problem and I have had it all of my life. I tried everything I could to stop the mucous and get moisture to my eyes. The only thing that worked for me was starting Dr. Ellie's protocol for my teeth, which have been deteriorating for a while now. The protocol is to basically get rid of pathogenic bacteria in the mouth - and I found that once I started doing that my sinuses cleared. I supplemented with 1,000 mg of astragalus to clear the excess biofilm from the body (I discovered this supplement when I used it for lyme disease).

If you don't want to do the whole protocol, the first product is basically MMS - Chlorine Dioxide and could have the same effect, although I have not tried it specifically for sinus problems. My eyes are still a bit dry in this cold weather but generally much better.

Sefton10

I'd use neti pot as a way to hydrate and to take out mucus; several times per day as needed. I add other things in my neti pot: tea or herbal infusion, a drop m. blue or even essential oil.
I find this helps, but if I do too many days back to back I can end up with water lodged in my sinuses which then exacerbates the issue.

OP
A

aquila2009

Lack of salt and dehydration. You need to work on maintaining a good level of sodium intake daily, about 4g or more of sodium. Salt thins mucus and if you dehydrate this would be why your eyes and sinuses get dry.
This is probably it. It is worse in the morning and gets better than the evening.

My typical breakfast is coffee with sugar.

redsun

This is probably it. It is worse in the morning and gets better than the evening.

My typical breakfast is coffee with sugar.
Yeh thats hardly a breakfast. Ideally you get some form of protein like eggs and some form of starch. You can add salt to both of these. Also pickles are also a good option.

aliml

Vegan diet reduces stomach acid/digestive enzymes, which causes silent reflux/eye reflux.

7 Major Functions of Stomach Acid

1. Sterilizes the Food: Whenever we consume food, bacteria and other microorganisms come in with the food (even if it was cooked or pasteurized). The stomach acid helps to neutralize the bad invaders we don’t want in our system (1, 2).
  2. Protein Digestion: Stomach acid is necessary to begin the process of breaking down protein. Have you ever marinated meat in vinegar? Vinegar is not nearly as acidic as what your stomach acid should be, yet, over time it degrades the meat. This is what your stomach acid should be doing in a much quicker fashion.
  3. Activating Pepsin: Pepsin is a proteolytic enzyme that is necessary for our body to effectively metabolize protein. Stomach acid activates pepsin from its inactive form called pepsinogen.
  4. Activating Intrinsic Factor: Stomach acid helps to activate intrinsic factor which is a glycoprotein produced in the stomach that is necessary for vitamin B12 absorption.
  5. Stimulating the Delivery of Bile and Enzymes: Stomach acid helps to stimulate the release of bile from the liver and gall bladder and digestive enzymes from the pancreas.
  6. Closing the Esophageal Sphincter: Stomach acid is an important trigger for the contraction of the esophageal sphincter (just above the stomach) to protect the soft, delicate tissue of the esophagus from the harsh acids in the stomach.
  7. Opening the Pyloric Sphincter: Stomach acid helps to active the pyloric sphincter which allows food to move from the stomach to the small intestine.

10 Ways to Improve Stomach Acid Levels:

1. Use Liquid Nutrition Throughout the Day: You should make at least half of your meals in a liquid form such as a protein shake or green smoothie. Protein shakes are pre-metabolized and very easy to digest and do not depend upon HCL production. If you have low HCL it is wise to have 1-2 protein shakes each day to enhance amino acid absorption and reduce stress on the GI system. This is very important to improve stomach acid levels.
  2. Use Ginger: Ginger is one of the best things for improving digestive juices. Ginger is part of a group of herbs called carminatives along with peppermint, anise, cardamom, coriander, etc. I recommend drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea each day, you can put ginger essential oil in water (2-3 drops in 8oz of water), juice a ½ inch of fresh ginger root in a green juice each day and use ground ginger on your foods. You can also consume fermented ginger which is common in Asian dishes such as kimchi.
  3. Super Hydrate Outside of Meal Times: I am a HUGE advocate of optimal hydration and it is especially important if you have low stomach acid. Good hydration will help activate bowel motility and push contents through the digestive system which will reduce microbial fermentation and toxicity in the body.
  4. Drink Very Little With Meat Containing Meals: Anytime you are going to have meat or any sort of heavier food (not a smoothie or a veggie salad), you should cut off drinking water at least 30 minutes before the meal apart from perhaps 2oz for taking a supplement. This will reduce any potential dilution of the gastric juices and allow for better digestion.
  5. Hold Off On Water After a Meal: To allow for optimal digestion, I recommend abstaining from water or liquids until at least 30 minutes after a meal. This allows for proper stomach acid activity, sterilization, protein metabolism, etc.
  6. Use Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar: Squeezing fresh lemon or using lemon juice or apple cider vinegar on your meat and veggies helps to pre-metabolize the food. This allows for better digestion and nutrient absorption. You can either marinate foods in a lemon or ACV base or just add them as a dressing right before you consume them.
  7. Eat Protein Foods at the Beginning of the Meal: The stomach will begin churning out its stomach acid when you begin eating, especially when you are consuming protein. It is very common for people to eat a salad before their protein dish, but this doesn’t work well for your HCL production. It is a much better idea to eat your protein with the salad or veggies.
  8. Use Fermented Veggies: Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, pickled ginger, etc. all contain organic acids, enzymes and probiotics which help to improve digestive juice secretions. I recommend using one of these with all of your heavier meals and especially any meal with protein.
  9. Use Fermented Drinks: Fermented drinks such as ACV, coconut water kefir and lemon water (not fermented) contain organic acids that have an anti-microbial effect. So these help to reduce the bacterial load, especially the bacteria in the stomach such as H Pylori. Keeping H Pylori levels down is important for the body to be able to produce enough stomach acid.
  10. Eat Your Largest Meal When You Are Most Relaxed: In order to produce adequate stomach acid, your body needs to activate the parasympathetic nervous system. If you are busy and on the go, you will be in fight or flight sympathetic mode. If you struggle with low stomach acid, this is not going to allow you to produce anywhere near enough. Relaxing before the meal is key to improve stomach acid production.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals