Simple Body Stretching Reduces Tumor Size By More Than 50%

InChristAlone

Do you think you were very hypo as a kid?
I was a scrawny little kid who stopped growing at 9. I used growth hormone shots for 4 yrs. But I wouldn't say once as an adult I was very unhealthy I had two healthy boys and breastfed for yrs.

meatbag

I was a scrawny little kid who stopped growing at 9. I used growth hormone shots for 4 yrs. But I wouldn't say once as an adult I was very unhealthy I had two healthy boys and breastfed for yrs.

Big mistake, you could've been one of those 300 year old pygmys! I wonder if maybe girls are more flexible due to progesterone though...

InChristAlone

Big mistake, you could've been one of those 300 year old pygmys! I wonder if maybe girls are more flexible due to progesterone though...
Haha I think there is some truth to small people living longer, my grandpa is short and is turning 96 this year. Yeah I am not that flexible anymore though my husband is always shocked how I can sit in a squat and stuff.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think it’s possible to down regulate PDH with 40 drops of Cardenosine in a healthy person?

I doubt it, as the human studies with 300mg-400mg ATP daily did not find any increase in lactate, which would rise if PDH is downregulated. I think one study found lower lactate, which is usually a good sign.

YourUniverse

it seems to me there is a lot of hidden stress in the muscles if you don't stretch... i have seen studies showing cortisol is higher when you slouch... i dont see peat talking about it a lot, but i'm starting to think of it as another layer or pillar of health, on top of all of his principles.. i think his use of thyroid masks over the issue because it eliminates the cortisol that is generated from it..

if anyone wants to learn more about this... i highly recommend this book... https://www.amazon.com/Somatics-Reawakening-Control-Movement-Flexibility/dp/0738209570 it goes through stretches you do that elongate the muscles, like a full body stretch on a daily basis that really loosens you up, read the reviews... yoga can't touch this

book describes a lot of muscles in body over time can lose control, where you dont have control over them, then when you are stressed, you are involuntarily flexing your pelvic floor for example, or your back, or your core, the stretches help you gain control back into your favor
I ordered this book, can you talk more about how it helped you?

I ordered this book, can you talk more about how it helped you?

@mayweatherking
I would like to know more too. What do you think of this guy?

now that i look at it again, it looks similar, there is one like that , where you do a situp, but then you flatten the back to the floor while breathing following the movements. theres another i think 2 variations of it that are included in the "daily cat stretch". heres another one of the exercises from the daily cat stretch, i had to search for it on google because the book can be a little confusing. jamies, you will see what i mean when you order it. some of the pictures are hard to see what the person is doing, but most of them you can figure out from reading the text, this one i didnt get what he meant by rolling the arms, it starts around 3:50 where the exercise starts taking place with lowering the knees and going opposite with the head

overall though, yeah read the reviews from amazon mostly to get an idea of how it helped people, many people say it completely fixed their back pain or their immobility. like when people get older how they cant move right, this make them able to move all of a sudden. it just talks about how your muscles get really crunched, like in your stomach you might have a lot of tension, after doing these exercises, you might feel a lot easier to stand up straight all of a sudden, it won't take any effort, because the stomach tension before was wrecking your posture without you realizing it.

theres a routine in the book, called the daily cat stretch, takes like 15 min or so every day, but there are a bunch of exercises in the book, some notice right away some of their tight spots. they will literally feel more relaxed and less tension overall.

i think combined with peat it is really good, makes you "make use" of peat the best way. you need to do the exercises everyday though, keep that in mind

Last edited:

Nikki

Lifting a lab mouse by the tail is going to trigger stress hormones. Plus, as pointed out above, when one muscle is stretching, usually the complimentary muscle is contracting, or so it seems. I don't quite get/buy the hypothesis. I mean specifically in an incident where a mouse is raised up and trying to reach for a bar, that would require contraction of muscles. Once he grabs on, his little finger muscles would be contracting. Sure his leg muscles may be stretched, but that isn't the only thing happening. Maybe it was just excercise in general which helped?

Art Vandelay

Lifting a lab mouse by the tail is going to trigger stress hormones. Plus, as pointed out above, when one muscle is stretching, usually the complimentary muscle is contracting, or so it seems. I don't quite get/buy the hypothesis. I mean specifically in an incident where a mouse is raised up and trying to reach for a bar, that would require contraction of muscles. Once he grabs on, his little finger muscles would be contracting. Sure his leg muscles may be stretched, but that isn't the only thing happening. Maybe it was just excercise in general which helped?

From the study:
One key consideration is that, like exercise, our active stretching model is a complex intervention. In addition to direct stretching of tissue surrounding the tumor and draining lymph node, our intervention includes other components such as muscle activity and stress which are not present in the control group. While our method of stretching does not fully suspend the animal, since its front feet are allowed to grip a bar of the cage, some stress inevitably results from being restrained by the tail, and muscle activity is required to maintain the stretched posture; in the no stretch group, we did not hold the mice by the tail, as they have a tendency to pull away which can cause inadvertent stretching of tissues. To address these multiple factors in our stretching model, we previously compared active stretching, passive stretching under anesthesia and anesthesia alone without stretching in a carrageenan inflammation model. Both active and passive stretching had similar effects compared with anesthesia alone, and there was no significant difference between the effects of active and passive stretching23. This result demonstrated a mechanical effect of stretching that was not due to stress or muscle activity (since these were identical in the two anesthetized groups). This was further supported by an experiment showing the local release of RvD1 within connective tissue in response to stretching ex vivo23, which is independent of blood and lymphatic flow, stress and muscle activity. In the current study, passive stretching was not feasible in our tumor models, since it would have involved daily anesthesia for one month. We therefore cannot rule out that mild stress may have contribute to the beneficial effect of stretching in the cancer model, similar to the beneficial effect of acute stress during exercise9, perhaps in conjunction with tissue stretching.

Art Vandelay

great study. Any thoughts on myofascial release such as using a foam roller? I would think that and/or massages would also help along the same lines as shown in the study.

From the study:

Importantly, however, it will be critical to test whether the mechanical action of stretching tissues could also increase the likelihood of metastatic seeding. Mechanical compression of tumors during massage has been linked to the presence of labeled epithelial cells in sentinel axillary nodes in patients with breast cancer who underwent breast massage prior to the procedure34.

Using the foam roller on your limbs might be okay...but around the internal organs might be risky business? I'm not sure.

Elephanto

Also notice how visibly unhealthy people are always slouched and have terrible posture (even young people like schizophrenics, junkies etc). That is because chronically high cortisol prompts you to slouch yourself as an instinctive impulse to protect vital organs.

So, not only does high cortisol wrecks health and promotes cancer, the act of slouching isn't only a symptom of stress but also a contributor to health decline as this study shows.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Also notice how visibly unhealthy people are always slouched and have terrible posture (even young people like schizophrenics, junkies etc). That is because chronically high cortisol prompts you to slouch yourself as an instinctive impulse to protect vital organs.

So, not only does high cortisol wrecks health and promotes cancer, the act of slouching isn't only a symptom of stress but also a contributor to health decline as this study shows.

All good points. High cortisol also tends to accumulate fat on the back (the famous buffallo hump so visible in Cushign syndrome) and weaken the spine. I think that also contributes to the unique slouched posture we all seem to sense indicates poor health.

rei

I don't give much credit to this study, too many unknown variables. At least they should have a control group that is forced to swim for 10 minutes to rule out exercise as the reason.

tankasnowgod

Have you looked at the Incline Bed Therapy thread, or any of the work of Andrew Fletcher? One of the things IBT addresses is improving posture, and Fletcher mentioned in several interviews how important posture is to circulation. He even mentions that Wim Hof uses excellent posture as a way to help regulate his body temperature in extreme conditions.

Elephanto

Have you looked at the Incline Bed Therapy thread, or any of the work of Andrew Fletcher? One of the things IBT addresses is improving posture, and Fletcher mentioned in several interviews how important posture is to circulation. He even mentions that Wim Hof uses excellent posture as a way to help regulate his body temperature in extreme conditions.
I've checked a bit, I'll probably try it. I find that doing push-ups and other back-strenghtening exercices like headstands make keeping a good posture easier and more natural.

So its the elongation under a load causing muscle damage that is harmful, not the stretching of the muscle fiber. Some of the more extreme yoga poses might be damaging to the muscle fibers similar to the lowering portion of a loaded barbell squat.
iu

Considering a curl; lifting your arm towards your chest concentric and then lowering the arm back is the eccentric portion. Some eccentricless exercises would be most of the olympic lifts (clean, jerk, snatch) also muscle ups and you can use weighted sleds and attach a handle to pressing,curling, rows, etc-doesn't really make you sore even if you do a lot of work, deadlifts and drop from the top position, same with curls but people will look at you weird. Also those stair climber machines a lot of gyms have now are eccentricless- just like climbing up a mountain. This guy improved his testosterone a lot by mountain climbing;
Guy Lowers His Cortisol To The Lower Limit Of Normal And Doubles His T By Hiking 10hrs A Day
Some bodybuilders do 'eccentric only' training in their workouts because it causes more muscle damage -_-

iu

Growing up I remember I always got the lowest score on the 'sit and reach' test which I guess is really a test of thyroid function kind of like the achille's tendon reflex test :sour:
I wonder what isometric exercise does to the mitochondria. Don't thinnk Peat said anything about it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can Axial Stretching as discussed in the link below be affected by muscular stretching as discussed in this thread? Will regular or athletic stretching have any positive or negative effects on arteries?
Effects of Axial Stretch on Cell Proliferation and Intimal Thickness in Arteries in Organ Culture

I think simple athletic stretching is what they tried to mirror with this study. Not sure if it would apply for more advanced "twisting" as done by chiropractors or yogis.

pauljacob

I think simple athletic stretching is what they tried to mirror with this study. Not sure if it would apply for more advanced "twisting" as done by chiropractors or yogis.

Thanks haidut, appreciate your reply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals