Dietary Cocoa Reduces Metabolic Endotoxemia And Adipose Tissue Inflammation In High-Fat Fed Mice

Elephanto

Check this out @Salmonamb , cocoa triggers opioid receptors :

Dark chocolate receptors: epicatechin-induced cardiac protection is dependent on δ-opioid receptor stimulation

Opioid modulation of socially transmitted and spontaneous food preferences in female mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Considering its (assumingly) protective effects against Endotoxins, Histamine and the lack of Prolactin triggering, it's probably the safest opiate I know of. I find it interesting though, how people relate to chocolate as a drug, and maybe it still possesses the Autism-like/mental clarity decreasing effect of opiates despite its neuroprotective components.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Check this out @Salmonamb , cocoa triggers opioid receptors :

Dark chocolate receptors: epicatechin-induced cardiac protection is dependent on δ-opioid receptor stimulation

Opioid modulation of socially transmitted and spontaneous food preferences in female mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Considering its (assumingly) protective effects against Endotoxins, Histamine and the lack of Prolactin triggering, it's probably the safest opiate I know of. I find it interesting though, how people relate to chocolate as a drug, and maybe it still possesses the Autism-like/mental clarity decreasing effect of opiates despite its neuroprotective components.
Most people do feel a calming effect from it, so maybe it's part of that opioid effect. I'm not sure if it would cause a decline in mental function though, but maybe make it a little bit harder to focus.
Best to drink some coffee around the same time if you want to stay focused then.