OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, you know that fresh vitamin C has a white colour, and in time its colour becomes yellow.

Does the colour change indicate that it is becoming the oxidised form (dehydroascorbic acid) that we want to ingest, or is that yellow substance something different and harmful/useless?

Can we get the same DHA by keeping the vitamin C powder's package open to accelerate the process?

Some of the vitamin C should get oxidized when exposed to air but I don't know how much. It could also be a sign of degradation by bacteria which can metabolize the vitamin C into something else.

I have noticed that vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) also relieves fatigue, is that due to the oxidizing power of dehydroascorbic acid once it enter the cells in the oxidized form?

Momado965

Can ascorbic acid powder be affected/degraded in a car by weather temprature say 40c during a road trip?

Last edited:

LucyL

So taking MB and AA together in a glass of water is not viable because Vit C reduces MB. It might yield DHAA but to directly drink reduced MB? Doesn’t seem smart, let it be reduced in the body where needed.

Here is a informative thread about methods to make DHAA „at home“
Can you help me make Dehydroascorbic Acid? - Vitamin C Forum

What are you basing that that statement on? What's wrong with reduced MB (Leuco-Methylene Blue)? Couldn't you just use MB to create the DHAA and then also take MB separately?

LeeLemonoil

What are you basing that that statement on? What's wrong with reduced MB (Leuco-Methylene Blue)? Couldn't you just use MB to create the DHAA and then also take MB separately?

I don’t remember right now tbh. I think I found some problematic reports/indications about using pre-reduced MB.

I wouldn’t know how to separate the reduced mb from DHAA once I mixed both in a glass of water

Taking regular vitamin C without a quinone like vitamin K, MB, emodin, etc amounts to taking an antioxidant.
My personal experience says a plate of fresh acerola with 100 mg of doxy gives a profound kick, good sourge of energy. Neither doxy or acerola taken alone has this affect. I think I will dig deeper in Peat's redox model.
Whats-App-Image-2019-06-24-at-15-40-20
4PGvD0D

If one decides to go the vitamin C route then you can get dehydroascorbic acid easily and cheaply by using either taking regular vitamin C combined with MB, or make a solution of dissolved vitamin C and add MB to it so that MB oxidizes the ascorbic acid and turns it into DHA. I mentioned this approach in another thread on DHA and the advantage is that if make the solution with vitamin C + MB, and leave it exposed to open air after a few days the MB will get re-oxidized back to blue color and then you consume the liquid you will have two oxidizing agents - the DHA and the newly reoxidized MB, which will likely have a much more potent effects as both MB and DHA inhibit LDH and lactate formation.
Cold you provide mg:mcg ratio for AA + MB to make this solution? I searched forum with no luck to find it.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My personal experience says a plate of fresh acerola with 100 mg of doxy gives a profound kick, good sourge of energy. Neither doxy or acerola taken alone has this affect. I think I will dig deeper in Peat's redox model.
Whats-App-Image-2019-06-24-at-15-40-20
4PGvD0D

Cold you provide mg:mcg ratio for AA + MB to make this solution? I searched forum with no luck to find it.

I would use the same ratio as the drug Apatone. It used vitamin C and vitamin K3. The vitamin C is 5g and vitamin K3 is 50mg. Since MB is a more effective oxidizing agent than K3 I think using much less would work but I would use the 5g:50mg ratio just because it is easier to remember and if there is some extra MB more than is needed to fully oxidize the 5g vit C, it would be OK unlike extra K3 which can cause toxicities.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals