Saw Palmetto Reaction

Sab

I'm a 49 y/o male. I took 640mg/day of Saw Palmetto for 10 days and basically I'm impotent (can't get erect. decrease libido, cold penis and no morning erections just maybe 30-40% some mornings. Never had any issue prior to taking it. I currently don't feel any mental fog or fatigue but have some sleeping issues but I think it's more from being in panic mode.

I am currently 9 days off of Saw with no improvement. Actually I did take 3 tablespoons of Sorghum last night and I did wake up with a 75% boner this morning but the rest of the day was the same as the past 8 days cold limp even though I continued taking the Sorghum all day. My libido isn't totally gone and when I think about sex I do get some feeling but no boner. I also get what feels like some prostate pain especially when my bladder is full.

I'm reading through these threads but I'm overloaded from all the information. Does Saw have the same effect as fin on the body or does it effect it differently but with similar symptoms? Also, any suggestions on a starting point for treating my condition would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
SAB

Last edited:

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
Hi Sab,

I see you did not get any insight into your problem. Saw palmetto is considered to be a negative. If you have not yet rescued your health it may be worth it to try Haiduts supplements; they did well by me.

- Sam

Elysium

Honestly i always thought saw palmetto oild was pufa garbage. According to this http://soapee.com/oils/122 that is not the case.

You didnt write why you were taking saw in the first place. I had enlarged prostate issues, that got a lot worse on low carb paleo, and spite of liters of pumpkin seed oil.

What helped me completely was elimination of pufa, reintroduction of healthy amounts of sugars, but most importantly, a total abandonment of the insane 8 to 10 glasses of water regime thats presribed everywhere. I drank 3 liters of water per day, urinating constantly, thinking im still not drinking enough because it isnt getting better.

Now i dont drink water at all, maybe once a week i have a glass when im thirsty. What i do drink is a liter of OJ and a liter to liter and half of milk, every single day. SO i would say i am pretty hydrated, without any water, and i havent heard from my prostate in over two years.

B

Braveheart

Hi Sab,

I see you did not get any insight into your problem. Saw palmetto is considered to be a negative. If you have not yet rescued your health it may be worth it to try Haiduts supplements; they did well by me.

- Sam
You "castrate" yourself w saw palmetto...useless...I think it's a marketing scam...Nettle root and Peat diet/supps are the way to go...all prostate symptoms history now for me.

I'm a 49 y/o male. I took 640mg/day of Saw Palmetto for 10 days and basically I'm impotent (can't get erect. decrease libido, cold penis and no morning erections just maybe 30-40% some mornings. Never had any issue prior to taking it. I currently don't feel any mental fog or fatigue but have some sleeping issues but I think it's more from being in panic mode.

I am currently 9 days off of Saw with no improvement. Actually I did take 3 tablespoons of Sorghum last night and I did wake up with a 75% boner this morning but the rest of the day was the same as the past 8 days cold limp even though I continued taking the Sorghum all day. My libido isn't totally gone and when I think about sex I do get some feeling but no boner. I also get what feels like some prostate pain especially when my bladder is full.

I'm reading through these threads but I'm overloaded from all the information. Does Saw have the same effect as fin on the body or does it effect it differently but with similar symptoms? Also, any suggestions on a starting point for treating my condition would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
SAB

Saw P can be just as bad as Fin for some guys who are sensitive to DHT inhibitors. For me I actually got more messed up from Saw P than I did from Avodart which is the most powerful prescription strength DHT inhibitor available. Actually Saw P almost killed me and I'm not being overly dramatic.

If you are not better yet I would try 5aDHP. Also nettle root is also a natural 5ar inhibitor so I wouldn't take that

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals