RAD 140 "cures" BPH?

korpesh

Just wanted to throw out an very interesting observation I've had..... I think the SARM called RAD-140 might be extremely beneficial for the symptoms of BPH (enlarged prostate).

I started having symptoms that were compatible with BPH (urgency to urinate, going frequently throughout the day, waking up multiple times at night) for about the past 15 years, since sometime in my 30s. I tried many other natural substances over that time (saw palmetto, vitamins, etc) and nothing seemed to really make a lasting dent in the symptoms. Experimenting with very low-dose RAD-140 (I got mine from science bio) seems to have "permanently" improved the symptoms by about 70%, meaning the positive effects seem to largely continue even when I go multiple days without taking it.

Standard body-building dosages of RAD-140 seem to be recommended at 10mg to 20mg everyday, but as there is a lot unknown about SARMS, and the fact that at those dosages for a prolonged period it will supposedly definitely shut down your testosterone production, I decided to take a much smaller dose and see if it still had any beneficial athletic effect. I have been taking only 5mg every second or third day for the past several weeks, and the positive effect on my prostate symptoms has been pretty noticeable.

When looking into on the internet, I did find one other user out there on a different forum talking about the same thing, as well as some confusing information that seems to indicate that since RAD 140 only binds/stimulates/concentrates (I'm using multiple words here bc I'll readily admit I'm not positive what I'm talking about, but maybe someone with a more scientific background can explain more?) in muscles, it might somehow diminish/limit/protect (again, have no idea what is actually going on) the prostate from becoming overloaded with hormonal activity or something?

More important to me than the "why" it works, though, I just wanted to post this to let any other guys who might be struggling with the same thing that they might want to give it a try. Constantly having to go to the bathroom and feeling like you're going to piss your pants if you don't is at minimum annoying as hell, and if it starts to disrupt your sleep consistently is certainly not healthy, so if you can get it, you might want to try a low-dose regimen and see if you have the same positive results. Only took about a week (three doses I think) before I originally started to see improvement. Good luck!

Iceman2016

Thanks for posting this. Have you had any hairloss from the RAD140 that you have been able to notice? Any shedding?

RAD140 (along with other sarms) have shown promise in this area as well as certain ones being compared head to head with finasteride for the purposes of shrinking the prostate. It's not clear to me though whether the beneficial effects are from the sarm competing with other steroids at the prostate binding sites directly or whether the effects are simply from endogenous testosterone (and therefore estrogen) being suppressed by the sarm thereby causing a net positive effect.

Please keep us posted on whether you are able to maintain your results and/or if other (side) effects pop up. RAD140 has a half life of about 60 hours based on a 100mg dose so it's a mystery what the optimal lowest effective dosing schedule should be.

OP
K

korpesh

Thanks for posting this. Have you had any hairloss from the RAD140 that you have been able to notice? Any shedding?

RAD140 (along with other sarms) have shown promise in this area as well as certain ones being compared head to head with finasteride for the purposes of shrinking the prostate. It's not clear to me though whether the beneficial effects are from the sarm competing with other steroids at the prostate binding sites directly or whether the effects are simply from endogenous testosterone (and therefore estrogen) being suppressed by the sarm thereby causing a net positive effect.

Please keep us posted on whether you are able to maintain your results and/or if other (side) effects pop up. RAD140 has a half life of about 60 hours based on a 100mg dose so it's a mystery what the optimal lowest effective dosing schedule should be.
No, no hair shedding that I've noticed. It does seem to help a some even at the low dose of putting on lean muscle a little easier, but other than that and the surprise improvement in prostate symptoms, haven't noticed much at my low doses. No side effects at all. Will post if something changes.

koky

this is ray's response when I asked him about your post:

Who would believe that?

Testosterone Suppression & Estrogen Effects

SARMs can suppress the body’s natural testosterone production. It may slightly raise blood estradiol, similar to other SARMs. Some people claim that RAD140 is special as it won’t aromatize to estrogen or shut down your testosterone, but no studies back up these claims. Plus, user reviews suggest otherwise.

In theory and in practice, RAD140 can potentially cause testosterone suppression and estrogen buildup. This can cause decreased sex drive, depression, and tiredness. Users recommend PCT (Clomid or Nolvadex) to restore hormone levels – which goes to say it’s probably not as selective as some advocates claim.

The degree of suppression or estrogen-like effects can vary – some users report being more sensitive to it, while it doesn’t impact others as much. Greater doses and longer use of any substances will always increase your risk of unwanted effects, and RAD140 is no exception.

There is currently no way of knowing all the potential side effects of testolone because of the lack of clinical studies. This is only one of the many reasons we strongly recommend against taking RAD140.

RAD140 may suppress testosterone and increase estrogen, leading to reduced sex drive, depression, and fatigue. Long-term use of higher doses increases your risk of side effects.
Prostate Risks

One of the biggest drawbacks of using testosterone is the negative effects it has on the prostate. Testosterone enlarges the prostate and potentially increase the risk of prostate cancer [15].

The selective nature of SARMs means that they should have little to no effect on the prostate. Based on current research, RAD140 does not seem to increase the size of the prostate. However, research has not been done in humans yet, and many users have reported experiences that contradict the supposed selective benefits of testolone. Full scale clinical studies could very well find adverse effects on the prostate [1, 5].

OP
K

korpesh

Who would believe that?

SARMs can suppress the body’s natural testosterone production. It may slightly raise blood estradiol, similar to other SARMs. Some people claim that RAD140 is special as it won’t aromatize to estrogen or shut down your testosterone, but no studies back up these claims. Plus, user reviews suggest otherwise.

In theory and in practice, RAD140 can potentially cause testosterone suppression and estrogen buildup. This can cause decreased sex drive, depression, and tiredness. Users recommend PCT (Clomid or Nolvadex) to restore hormone levels – which goes to say it’s probably not as selective as some advocates claim.

The degree of suppression or estrogen-like effects can vary – some users report being more sensitive to it, while it doesn’t impact others as much. Greater doses and longer use of any substances will always increase your risk of unwanted effects, and RAD140 is no exception.

There is currently no way of knowing all the potential side effects of testolone because of the lack of clinical studies. This is only one of the many reasons we strongly recommend against taking RAD140.

RAD140 may suppress testosterone and increase estrogen, leading to reduced sex drive, depression, and fatigue. Long-term use of higher doses increases your risk of side effects.
Prostate Risks

One of the biggest drawbacks of using testosterone is the negative effects it has on the prostate. Testosterone enlarges the prostate and potentially increase the risk of prostate cancer [15].

The selective nature of SARMs means that they should have little to no effect on the prostate. Based on current research, RAD140 does not seem to increase the size of the prostate. However, research has not been done in humans yet, and many users have reported experiences that contradict the supposed selective benefits of testolone. Full scale clinical studies could very well find adverse effects on the prostate [1, 5].
Lol. In a weird way, I feel kind of honored that Ray took the time to read my post, even if he doesn't like it!

As I thought I was being clear about in the original post, I'm not actually making any claims about Rad-140 being a definitive "cure" for prostate issues (despite the catchy title), but simply giving my 1-off results of improvement based on the very low, intermittent, dosages I'm taking of it. Again, I'm not trying to claim I even know why or how it works, but only know that I have tried a great deal of supplements in the past that claimed to help BPH and did nothing, and after taking Rad-140 a handful of times my symptoms improved tremendously.

No idea why or how or if it would work for anyone else (although I have read on the internet someone else having the same positive effect), but mainly wanted to put it out there in case someone like me was searching for options to try and wanted to give it a shot. I would certainly not recommend taking a dosage high and long enough of Rad-140 to shut down your natural testosterone production, but as the low dose I have used it, and taking Haidut's pregnenolone consistently during my expirementation, I don't believe I have experienced any, thus far? I have not noticed any real negative effects to hair, libido, energy or anything.

I continue to take it once or twice a week at about 5mg, and my prostate issues still seem to be greatly improved. Maybe the prudent thing would now be to stop for a couple of weeks and see if they come back?

Iceman2016

Maybe the prudent thing would now be to stop for a couple of weeks and see if they come back?
Or maybe instead of stopping keep reducing the size of each dose or the frequency of dosing to see how low/long you can go with dosages while still maintaining the positive effects.

For example, you could lower your dose to 2.5mg twice a week or do a single 5mg dose once every 7 days instead of twice a week and see if the positive effects continue.

Though it would be a good idea to cycle off completely for a month or so to see what effect that would have as well.

OP
K

korpesh

Or maybe instead of stopping keep reducing the size of each dose or the frequency of dosing to see how low/long you can go with dosages while still maintaining the positive effects.

For example, you could lower your dose to 2.5mg twice a week or do a single 5mg dose once every 7 days instead of twice a week and see if the positive effects continue.

Though it would be a good idea to cycle off completely for a month or so to see what effect that would have as well.
Yep, that's a good idea. I might drop down to once a week at 5mg just to see if the BPH symptoms start getting worse again first.

Donttreadonme

Does anyone have a reliable source for RAD140?

The last time I ordered SARMS from a couple different companies, nothing was ever sent.

OP
K

korpesh

Does anyone have a reliable source for RAD140?

The last time I ordered SARMS from a couple different companies, nothing was ever sent.
I used science.bio but I think they are discontinuing the Rad. They might still have some left though?

OP
K

korpesh

what's your psa and what have u tried?
I've never gotten my psa tested. In the past I've tried several different saw palmetto and beta sisterol products, as well as nettle, pumpkin seed, pygeum and a couple of different traditional chinese medicine formulas, but nothing seemed to make much of a consistent impact on the symptoms (which were primarily just feeling like I urgently had to piss about every hour and multiple times through the night, but feeling like I was having to strain harder than I should every time I went) like the Rad has seemed to.

chh1138

I've never gotten my psa tested. In the past I've tried several different saw palmetto and beta sisterol products, as well as nettle, pumpkin seed, pygeum and a couple of different traditional chinese medicine formulas, but nothing seemed to make much of a consistent impact on the symptoms (which were primarily just feeling like I urgently had to piss about every hour and multiple times through the night, but feeling like I was having to strain harder than I should every time I went) like the Rad has seemed to.
Hi,

I wondered if you are still taking this. Science Bio is going out of business at the end of March, and they are sold out of RAD140.
Since you were buying it from them, I'm guessing you were getting it in powder form. The guy from the More Plates More Dates YouTube channel and website did a big write up on RAD140 a couple years ago, and he listed four sites as being the only sites he trusts for the product (one being Science Bio). With the others, one is selling 10mg pills, and the others are liquids of 10mg or more per dose. I wonder if it would be tricky to get as low a dose as you were taking.

Like you, nothing has really worked for me, prescription or otherwise. I don't have much trouble having to go during the night, but mainly have urgency (when I have to go, I have to GO), and some minor (but annoying) dribbling. I'd want to take as little as possible to simply reduce my BPH issues, and, hopefully keep them from getting worse (as my doctor says they will).

Waynish

Who would believe that?

Prostate Risks

What? No this is Joe Cohen's writing:

Within the first couple of sentences I thought Ray's IQ dropped 50 points; Ray doesn't write like that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals