Runenights Musings

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Slap me across the wrist, for tarnishing the bish, who told me to try this, diet centered around the potato dish!

Been slamming the potatoes today. No fat, no meat, just straight tube. Always a good thing to be feeling good with no stims.

Boiled > baked

Nice and slippery right down the throat yea!

Cirion

I think my mind is dirty, because I first read this as "Just straight lube" and "nice and slippery down the throat"............................ yeah....................... you get what I'm saying LOL

... *ahem*... anyways, funny, I'm literally eating potatoes right now too!

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Lol same thing happens to me sometimes. Past conditioning from to much viewing of licentious websites...

So I felt so good from the potatoes I had to go and play some soccer. My energy started out very high, and I was able to move well. Felt almost like my old competitive soccer player again, although a little rusty with my foot speed (side note, the amount of soccer I played no doubt impeded my development, if only I knew about proper nutrition then....I would have been a much more effective and healthy athlete, and avoided 2 ACL tears!) However, it quickly became drained. I recognized the need for sugar, but only brought water and coffee/milk/sugar. While the latte was effective in boosting my energy to keep playing at a high level, it did seem a bit much, as I got a foul odor from my pits while playing. I think Gatorade or even sprite would have been much more effective. Water definitely helped in this case, but only in avoiding stress, but it didn’t re-raise my energy to perform well. Now I know next time I engage in an intense activity that I need pure sucrose to continue performing at a high level, ON TOP of eating a high carbohydrate meal beforehand. I went home and had some Gatorade and have been satisfied for about 1.5 hours after just maybe 100-150 calories worth of it. In a very calm, clear headed state. Stomach content. Was able to get some nutrition programming done. Seems like intense exercise is very anxiolytic only if powered through carbohydrates.

Bought to eat a pasta meal and maybe go out? Some acquaintances are nagging me, and while I don’t particularly enjoy the “going out” scene, I’m a little tired of being cooped up all the time. It was nice to go play soccer and meet with people my age. There was a moment when we were all playing that I felt like that kid in the neighborhood again. Joking around, teasing, competing, playing, it was very nice. I’m reminiscing on that moment and it warms my heart.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Had a large amount of milk before going to bed and then again during my usual 2-4am nightly waking. In total around 4-5 cups. I decided for the milk because I started getting some body aches which usually happen when my diet is too high in starches and too low in animal protein. While the milk certainly caused a lot of gas, my aches went away and my stomach is very flat. So it caused gas but no bloating. The gas did not smell at all, but they were loud. I had 2 bowel movements in the morning also, so the milk did not constipate me. Usually for my nightly wakings, I eat and then am up for the next 2-3 hours, and then fall back sleep for another 2-3 hours. However, this time with the milk, I was able to immediately fall back asleep. Woke up and had a bagel with cream cheese, sugar, apple juice, and cola. Will continue utilizing milk anytime I sense my protein intake running low and before bed. I think it's better for me than animal flesh. Perhaps as my body adapts the gas will go away. We shall see....

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Starch cannot provide good strength and agility. It leave the body feeling very heavy. I have been much lighter today decreasing starch and increasing fruits, vegetables, eggs.

I had a ceviche after my soccer game, and was surprised at how light it digested and good it made me feel. Combined with apple juice I was in the zone. I think how most meat is consumed causes problems, but when eaten with lime juice, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, etc... it is absorbed very well and helps the body, instead of constipating it. Excess meat is difficult to digest with no aids essentially.

I'm starting to understand what a light stomach is like now, and I'm avoiding things which disrupt that feeling. I think maintaining that lightness in stomach goes a long way towards avoiding weight gain, fatigue, and inflammation.

I had some warm apple juice and that was a mistake. Cold apple juice is fine. Warm apple juice sat heavy. Will have to have apple juice cold from here on out. I was able to counteract the bloat by squatting and doing some yoga.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Seem to have found my way back onto a rice only diet with some egg soup and fruits. I flip flop a lot.... I think what happens is I enter into a certain physiological state where I think I need some other type of food to fix, such as bread, pasta, excess milk, etc.... only to then enter into a rabbit hole where I dig deeper and deeper into incorrect ways of eating. I seemed to have come back to open ground again eating only rice, vegetables, soup, fruit, coffee, sugar, and a little bit of milk. I think the soup is the real game changer. Foolish how easily I forget how effective vegetable broth, salt, and egg yolk is. Insane warmth. I crave for a couple consistent days of nutrition, just so I can say I really have this figured out. I do feel as if the map is now 80% cleared for me. There probably is a little bit of room for more experimentation, especially in regards to oysters, mussels, and clams. I bet a sea food soup could be very effective, but for now I will stick with egg.

redsun

Seem to have found my way back onto a rice only diet with some egg soup and fruits. I flip flop a lot.... I think what happens is I enter into a certain physiological state where I think I need some other type of food to fix, such as bread, pasta, excess milk, etc.... only to then enter into a rabbit hole where I dig deeper and deeper into incorrect ways of eating. I seemed to have come back to open ground again eating only rice, vegetables, soup, fruit, coffee, sugar, and a little bit of milk. I think the soup is the real game changer. Foolish how easily I forget how effective vegetable broth, salt, and egg yolk is. Insane warmth. I crave for a couple consistent days of nutrition, just so I can say I really have this figured out. I do feel as if the map is now 80% cleared for me. There probably is a little bit of room for more experimentation, especially in regards to oysters, mussels, and clams. I bet a sea food soup could be very effective, but for now I will stick with egg.

Sounds like you have naturally gravitated towards lots of folate intake, rice having lots of fortified folate and vegetables which have a ton as well as certain fruits. Ever think folates is what your body is after? Id be curious to see your daily folate intake in cronometer. You might need it as you may be deficient. I have a personal history with very low intake of folates ever since doing carnivore(with no liver for folate) and even after getting off it, so for years I likely had suboptimal folate intake. Have a ton of the overmethylation symptoms(basically every single one) that have developed over the years and taking large doses folic acid orally along with B12 and B3 has improved my overall health and wellbeing enormously. I never thought it could be so simple as B12 and folate, but given my diet history it makes sense.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Sounds like you have naturally gravitated towards lots of folate intake, rice having lots of fortified folate and vegetables which have a ton as well as certain fruits. Ever think folates is what your body is after? Id be curious to see your daily folate intake in cronometer. You might need it as you may be deficient. I have a personal history with very low intake of folates ever since doing carnivore(with no liver for folate) and even after getting off it, so for years I likely had suboptimal folate intake. Have a ton of the overmethylation symptoms(basically every single one) that have developed over the years and taking large doses folic acid orally along with B12 and B3 has improved my overall health and wellbeing enormously. I never thought it could be so simple as B12 and folate, but given my diet history it makes sense.

I know the crux of my issue is that my gut clogs up very easily, and when it does it causes all sorts of problems. If b-vitamins are implicated in gut motility than perhaps so, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the foods I consume are highly digestible and don't disturb my stomach, while providing energy and nutrition. I don't do cronometer, but I've had about a half cup of mushrooms and onions, 2 egg yolks, 3 cups of rice, 1 banana, 1 cup of apple juice, 1 cup of coffee, maple syrup, 1/4 cup of milk, tea with lemon and sugar, and half a cola.

The egg soup (with lemon...total game changer) slid in exactly how I wanted it to in my stomach. I'm in an almost perfectly satiated state, where I'm now just playing around with different forms of sugar intake to spill over the energy. Was it buddha who said that the body always wants more? I definitely feel that. I know I have to be careful with fruit intake, because too much apple juice caused some stomach indigestion as well as acne to form on my face. I think I'll mix the juice with the tea. It's worked very well for me in the past.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Writing about gut motility in combination with seeing someone post about gut flora and raw fruits and vegetables, I decided to give raw a run for its money again.

I ate a whole apple, 4 baby carrots, and 5 grape tomatoes, and I have a warmth emanating from my stomach. I think juices now are unoptimal, as they don’t provide the fiber to help with digestion. I was slightly hungry but it seems that this combination of foods has taken care of it. Will be putting more of these 3 foods in my diet. I don’t care for most other raw foods, besides some fruits. Most raw vegetables are disgusting, it seems that the carrot is the only actual pleasant one. If anyone knows any other pleasant raw vegetables I’ll give them a shot. I like these new additions to the food set, it gives me more foods to play with. I feel calm yet energized, in contrast to the mania refined sugar gives.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Following @olive’s suggestions, I seem to only need animal protein at night. Any other time just doesn’t seem appropriate to consume. It’s as if my body just needs carbohydrates for energy during the day, and then at night it craves and needs animal protein and fat. The hunger after the raw veggies came back an hour later, and I couldn’t imagine eating anything else other than beef. And how glorious that beef was. Cooked in v8 juice, with a little bit of salt on top. Chasing with coffee now. This digested much better than sour cream and chicken.

It seems as if food combining and timing is of the utmost importance in maintaining healthy digestion. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep well tonight with this hearty protein and fat providing energy all night. Might have some more grape tomatoes before bed.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Carrots and peas????

Well who knew such innocuous little foods could have such powerful effects on the mind! A meal to be repeated for sure! The all holy lemon must be added onto the dish to sanctify and render it complete. Of course, no meal is replete without the final bolus of sugar from the maple tree! What pleasures emanate from my cranial cavity. A sensual kiss directed straight into the cerebrum, delivered by the most beautiful woman called nourishment!

Cirion

If there's something we both definitely agree on its eating for optimal digestion.

I really wish you'd also track temperatures and pulses. I know you are trying to improve subjective markers, and think tracking temps don't help but I really think they would, and I think that's great (you could also track those on a 1-10 scale), but I find myself really interested in how you feel during the day and how it impacts your waking temps too. If you felt great one day eating a certain way AND got a 98.6F waking temp the next day, you could then basically objectively conclude you were on point that day. One reason I think tracking both is paramount for success is that sometimes, you can feel great during the day but then have abysmal waking temps -- this shows that what you did that day was actually incorrect even though you thought it was subjectively.

Cirion

RE; fiber

Just put this together from my database. An interesting plot indeed. Clearly an "umbrella" or "upside U" which shows that too little fiber (but also too much fiber) is not good.

upload_2019-8-20_12-4-57.png

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Your temperature and pulse is equivalent to my strength, tissue quality, and energy. I could be erro ring by not tracking temp and pulse, but I care much more about those 3 categories than my temp and pulse. Back when I used to track those things more carefully my pulse was around 60-70 and my temps were hooorrible. I’d be around 96.7. I can tell where my body temp is just by feeling my hand, toe, and nose tip warmth. The things which reliably bring them warmth are starch, meat, and salt. Excess stims and sugar make em cold.

Today went like this. Fast until hungry, no matter how shitty you feel, than eat starch, meat, fruit, sugar. Fast again until hungry, and repeat. Interestingly enough, this is probably why the breakfast, lunch, and dinner schema exists...it works if you stick to it. This is what the French do. They do not snack at all. You eat your meal than focus on your work.

CLASH

Determining digestibility by looking at how you feel directly after you eat or even a few hours after you eat is only half the picture in my experience. Foods like starches and grains go in easy and initially produce warmth but come the next day when they are in the colon they can actually slow digestion overall.

Cirion

Your temperature and pulse is equivalent to my strength, tissue quality, and energy. I could be erro ring by not tracking temp and pulse, but I care much more about those 3 categories than my temp and pulse. Back when I used to track those things more carefully my pulse was around 60-70 and my temps were hooorrible. I’d be around 96.7. I can tell where my body temp is just by feeling my hand, toe, and nose tip warmth. The things which reliably bring them warmth are starch, meat, and salt. Excess stims and sugar make em cold.

Today went like this. Fast until hungry, no matter how shitty you feel, than eat starch, meat, fruit, sugar. Fast again until hungry, and repeat. Interestingly enough, this is probably why the breakfast, lunch, and dinner schema exists...it works if you stick to it. This is what the French do. They do not snack at all. You eat your meal than focus on your work.

Well, if you were tracking and feeling bad with those temps/pulses I'd say the measurements were indeed doing their job. I think you are basically proving my point? Also, and I've beat this horse 100x by now, but there's a difference between temp and pulse immediately after food (or supplements) and 8-24+ hrs later after full digestion/processing of said food.

Determining digestibility by looking at how you feel directly after you eat or even a few hours after you eat is only half the picture in my experience. Foods like starches and grains go in easy and initially produce warmth but come the next day when they are in the colon they can actually slow digestion overall.

Yes, this exactly, literally what I just said in my last paragraph. This is why I track waking metrics. I don't care so much about metrics on an hr to hr basis for literally this reason. I can achieve 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses each and every day this is no longer interesting to me. What's interesting to me is my temp and pulse waking up as this, in my opinion, is the true marker of metabolism now.

I've found precisely the same experience from things like meat and starches. In the immediate term, absolutely, they can warm you up quite easily, but in the long term, both can readily tank my temperatures (aka, waking temps).

It's super easy to get 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulse in the minutes to an hr or two after a meal. In fact I regularly achieve close to 100F temps and 100 BPM pulses during the day itself, that's super easy. What's hard, is achieving these metrics when waking up.

So, what really distinguishes a good metabolism from a bad metabolism in my opinion and in my experience is the quality of sleep at night. If you wake up at all during the night, and/or do not get 98.6F upon waking up in the morning, your metabolism is not optimal. I make no pretense about my metabolism, my metabolism is garbage. I wake up during the night every night, and I can only wake up with 98.6F when my diet and everything is 100% on point (no meat, not too much starch, precise macros/carbs/calories, zero stress day etc).

I guess I'll say in closing... Why does it have to be exclusive? Why not track your strength/energy/muscle hardness etc AND temp and pulse? The more data the merrier, no?

Sorry, not trying to tell you what to do (I suppose it sounds like it). I guess I'm trying to find more people willing to track data like me so I can finally start to figure out what foods combos actually work since I've been frustrated trying to be a one man army lol. So okay yes my motivation is somewhat selfish... But It's just hard for me to personally try all possible food combinations out and you have tried many I haven't yet.

Last edited:
OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Yes I agree they slow the digestion down, but also provide strength and warmth. They would be a “warming” food. Fruit and sugar speed the digestion up, but provide no strength, but good energy, thus becoming a “cooling” food. Since I’d prefer to not live in the scorching heat of the Sahara desert or the frigid regions of Antarctica, I consume them all in homeostasis to live happily in the warm ambience of California :)

I had a couple heavy back to back starch and meat with a lil fruit and sugar meals in between work and right when I got home. Immediately fell asleep after dinner, woke up and now my body only needs fruit to help re-energize and deal with all those heavy foods.

Well, if you were tracking and feeling bad with those temps/pulses I'd say the measurements were indeed doing their job. I think you are basically proving my point? Also, and I've beat this horse 100x by now, but there's a difference between temp and pulse immediately after food (or supplements) and 8-24+ hrs later after full digestion/processing of said food.

Yes, this exactly, literally what I just said in my last paragraph. This is why I track waking metrics. I don't care so much about metrics on an hr to hr basis for literally this reason. I can achieve 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses each and every day this is no longer interesting to me. What's interesting to me is my temp and pulse waking up as this, in my opinion, is the true marker of metabolism now.

I've found precisely the same experience from things like meat and starches. In the immediate term, absolutely, they can warm you up quite easily, but in the long term, both can readily tank my temperatures (aka, waking temps).

It's super easy to get 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulse in the minutes to an hr or two after a meal. In fact I regularly achieve close to 100F temps and 100 BPM pulses during the day itself, that's super easy. What's hard, is achieving these metrics when waking up.

So, what really distinguishes a good metabolism from a bad metabolism in my opinion and in my experience is the quality of sleep at night. If you wake up at all during the night, and/or do not get 98.6F upon waking up in the morning, your metabolism is not optimal. I make no pretense about my metabolism, my metabolism is garbage. I wake up during the night every night, and I can only wake up with 98.6F when my diet and everything is 100% on point (no meat, not too much starch, precise macros/carbs/calories, zero stress day etc).

I guess I'll say in closing... Why does it have to be exclusive? Why not track your strength/energy/muscle hardness etc AND temp and pulse? The more data the merrier, no?

Sorry, not trying to tell you what to do (I suppose it sounds like it). I guess I'm trying to find more people willing to track data like me so I can finally start to figure out what foods combos actually work since I've been frustrated trying to be a one man army lol. So okay yes my motivation is somewhat selfish... But It's just hard for me to personally try all possible food combinations out and you have tried many I haven't yet.

Because the temps and pulse distract me from an internal awareness I’ve been cultivating. Or so I think. When I eat, it’s as if I’m dancing brought different brain and body states, looking for balance.

I don’t eat meat, than track my measurements, than eat starch, than track my measurements, than eat fruit/sugar, because my temp and pulses aren’t the sole markers of health. If I just followed temps and pulses, I’d have to eat sugar and fruit all the time because they send my heart rate sky high, and perhaps my temps too, but I’d be so weak and susceptible to bipolar energy.

It’s kind of like kelj’s approach, but more selective over the foods I consume. I have to be free to psychologically align with my límbic desires, and then monitor how the rest of the system responds from that. The limbic system is somewhat ignorant, it just wants food and throws suggestions everywhere. It’s then my rationale intellect (not sure if this is correct, but it surely is a separate thinking part of myself), that is able to judge those suggestions and choose the best one. This judgement is determined based on accessing a set of stored memories, in which I’m able to recall how a given food exerts it’s effects, and then hypothesize how it will affect me in this current state.

Now, when the system is completely uninhibited, it works beautifully, but like a fallible leader who runs a company with fallible people, when the system is stressed, misguided, distracted, or diseased, all sorts of incorrect decisions are made that are ultimately self-destructive towards its own well-being. An experienced leader who has seen it all is able to make the best decisions, and so subjecting my body to all sorts of food and food combinations has been the best manner in which I can give myself experience.

As a side note, I have found that it’s best to be consuming SOMETHING, on the hourly basis. Even if it’s just water. The body quickly gets thrown off rhythm just from being alive, and we constantly have to adjust. Hell, even talking too much, or moving too much, or stressing oneself out internally, can bring a need for physical corrective mechanisms.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Cirion

I don’t eat meat, than track my measurements, than eat starch, than track my measurements, than eat fruit/sugar, because my temp and pulses aren’t the sole markers of health. If I just followed temps and pulses, I’d have to eat sugar and fruit all the time because they send my heart rate sky high, and perhaps my temps too, but I’d be so weak and susceptible to bipolar energy.

I don't track my measurements immediately after eating anymore either actually. The only measurements I track is waking up typically nowadays. So this still leaves you free to use your subjective methods the rest of the day.

Again, waking up at 98.6F temp is the opposite of bipolar energy and good "local temperatures". It's the cleanest most pure energy you can get. I'm sure you know the type of energy I Refer to. And this is waking temp, not the temp you get on an hr by hr basis because again, I actually don't care about those temps anymore, as they don't actually tell you much, for reasons you basically already explained why. I don't measure my temps after meat either. I measure my temps the next morning after which I had meat the previous day. This is how long it takes meat to negatively impact your body anyway. Meat doesn't negatively impact your body immediately, it takes 8-24 hrs sometimes even more to do so. Although it CAN negatively impact you immediately *also* if you don't get enough sugar with it. But even with enough sugar, it impacts you later. Meat can actually feel great in the moment which is why I've had so many moments of weaknesses and indulged in it. (this is personally why I don't trust the intuitive approach anymore)

I definitely can understand not wanting to measure temps/pulse on an hrly basis! I used to have to do that because I couldn't even get 98.6F temps during the day, I'm very thankful those days are over lol! I only occasionally check if I feel bad and curious -- but I'm over 98.6F most the times even on times I feel bad now. But waking metrics is easy -- just check once and you're done for the day.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals