Reasonable DIY Transdermal Testosterone

Santosh

Such grandiose.

LOL. Just read this thread, you always dodge my challenges by picking at phrasing or something relatively meaningless or off-topic. It's actually quite impressive how well you're ignoring your poor tactics. Whether that's intentional or not, IDK, but damn, you're doing the opposite of leading people to the truth once you involve your ego.

Neither you, nor I understand this topic with much depth, and it would be incorrect to say otherwise. We have our theories, but ultimately, it's unknown. The idea of increasing neurosteroids isn't illogical. What is, is expecting to achieve a perfect a mental state when maintaining excessively high T levels. It's not, "ill-effects of testosterone" it's ill-effects of excess testosterone. Do you think that all of the people on TRT are experiencing the same, really? Most don't have such high levels, and also use HCG.

Would you agree that all what is needed for optimal transdermal absorption is either DMSO or ethanol + IPM ?

OP
brightside

brightside

Would you agree that all what is needed for optimal transdermal absorption is either DMSO or ethanol + IPM ?
For a deflection like that to work, it needs to be subtle; but, I'll indulge.

No. Ethanol+IPM's 9-14% absorption rate is not "optimal". For more details, I covered it partially in this comment.
Yes on the DMSO. Obviously.. It's next to complete absorption. But that doesn't make it the best overall, and that's not contentious.

OP
brightside

brightside

Hey all,

I've been using some transdermal menthol solutions recently, mostly lotions, but some ethanol based ones as well. I found that 70mg of T in menthol lotion was roughly 2x stronger than 150mg, and lasted about 2x as long. Research does support this, although my experience is subjective.

I compared the effects of the menthol lotion against a basic ethanol mixture, and I'm pretty sure that ethanol+menthol is not as powerful as menthol lotion. So in terms of potency, it would go as follows, Ethanol < Ethanol+menthol < Menthol lotion.

The lotion has lauric acid, which has decent penetration enhancement, but also the surfactants can boost penetration as well. Replacing MCT with Lauric acid might be something to try. In the mixture MCT is there to add some moisturization, so replacing it is OK.

I do have to say, that the ethanol one is quite underdosed in terms of T %age. The caveat is that the mole ratio of M:T should stay at 4:1 , or by weight - 13mg:6mg. Increasing the dose of T means increasing the quantity of M, and there is only so much ethanol can hold. The menthol technically holds the T without any solvent, and the solvent is only necessary to dissolve the menthol initially. You can see this if you make the solution below, but add menthol to ethanol, wait for that to dissolve, and only then add the T. The T will dissolve very quickly compared to just basic T+EtOH. This is basically the action of the menthol, and the reason why it's going to push the hormone across the skin much better.

Regardless, the recipe below (ethanol one) is still 100-110mg/ml (roughly), so it's not actually low dose. The lotions should be roughly 50mg/ml at 5%, and 75mg/ml at 7.5%. I have yet to try making a 10% or higher one, mostly because I don't feel a need for that.

Anyways, here are the recipes:

etoh.PNG

5% lotion.PNG

7.5% lotion.PNG

blackface

You're welcome! Hope it works.
So Im using the menthol formula twice a day (2 x 100 mg) and the the "cooling" effect is kinda weird but for those who used DMSO its not something that you could not bear with. On the other hand the cooling effect can be used as a "indicator" of the duration of the test. It definitely as a longer duration than just plain ethanol and MCT oil.

So far its good and Im thinking If I will increase the dosage per application. I will report back.

OP
brightside

brightside

Nice!

How does it compare in terms of length of duration of effect and also potency? Does the 100mg that you use in the morning feel like 50mg DMSO? I suppose nothing will match the feel of DMSO, but then it should probably last longer, yeah?

Also, where are you applying?
So Im using the menthol formula twice a day (2 x 100 mg) and the the "cooling" effect is kinda weird but for those who used DMSO its not something that you could not bear with. On the other hand the cooling effect can be used as a "indicator" of the duration of the test. It definitely as a longer duration than just plain ethanol and MCT oil.
I suppose it's also useful as a reminder not to touch others with that area.

blackface

Nice!

How does it compare in terms of length of duration of effect and also potency? Does the 100mg that you use in the morning feel like 50mg DMSO? I suppose nothing will match the feel of DMSO, but then it should probably last longer, yeah?

Also, where are you applying?

I suppose it's also useful as a reminder not to touch others with that area.

I have not use DMSO for few months so I do no really remember the feeling but I think that DMSO is much stronger. But I can say that the menthol version has a longer lasting effect in comparison to ethanol formula. Im applying it on the scrotum since there it has the most potent effect. I think that I will rotate the spots (will include shoulders, belly, forearms).

blackface

Im just gonna probably drop the test again. Its the slow thinking and sluggishness which is making me crazy. Like you start to stutter when talking etc. May reconsider the DHEA but the test is not worth imo.

JCub369

Im just gonna probably drop the test again. Its the slow thinking and sluggishness which is making me crazy. Like you start to stutter when talking etc. May reconsider the DHEA but the test is not worth imo.
Is this test in DMSO or brightsides menthol cream he recently posted? Are you getting these effects only from transdermal application and injection is fine ?

blackface

Is this test in DMSO or brightsides menthol cream he recently posted? Are you getting these effects only from transdermal application and injection is fine ?
This is the menthol version but I got these same side from the @santhosh s formula. Not sure about the DMSO since its long time ago I have used it. Im not gonna use it anymore. because its toxic. I have no experience with injections.

OP
brightside

brightside

Well that sucks.

We gotta find a solution to this, since you're obviously not the only one.

OP
brightside

brightside

Since Im not able to describe it I using this explation from other member again.

View attachment 52991
But can you be specific about what you’ve tried?

Say, split the full dose over 8 hours, or use it with 50/50 DHEA or whatever else.

I want to know if it's caused specifically by a spike, or by the generally high level.

JCub369

Since Im not able to describe it I using this explation from other member again.

View attachment 52991
Interesting! thank you for sharing. At what doses are you experiencing something similar to this? Have you tried experimenting with about 1-5mg a day? Or is this only when you have used high dose? ( 50mg + )

I have personally experience great results with 1-5mg per day in DMSO as well as 5mg per day in Tocovit. I don’t seem to have these symptoms, and no suppression or testicular atrophy either.

Pete Rey

In my experience testosterone greatly exacerbates the robotic aspects of ASD especially at TRT+ doses. Everything's a tradeoff. Psychologically it universally makes you care less about what others think, which is already a problem for us. I know I'm much less inclined to put effort into masking in social situations because I don't get anxiety over it anymore. In one way it's liberating; in another I have to be hyperaware that I will unintentionally come off as a total ***hole if I'm not being mindful.

Also, it's not the T itself that makes me slow and stupid but rather the training and building muscle on it. Granted I am pushing 40, But I pretty much don't lift or do any kind of intense training anymore. I feel like the dopaminergic focus and drive in everyday life is much more salient when I'm not dumping it all in the gym. And the T allows me to maintain a respectable frame from the years I did put in. I can't overstate how much better I feel being lean versus bulking up.

Only occasionally do I have a problem with insomnia. I only apply once a day in the morning, no afternoon/evening doses. A couple mgs of melatonin under the tongue is the most effective, least invasive solution I've found. Not ideal I know, but better than benzos, and I take it infrequently enough that I'm comfortable with it.

blackface

Interesting! thank you for sharing. At what doses are you experiencing something similar to this? Have you tried experimenting with about 1-5mg a day? Or is this only when you have used high dose? ( 50mg + )

I have personally experience great results with 1-5mg per day in DMSO as well as 5mg per day in Tocovit. I don’t seem to have these symptoms, and no suppression or testicular atrophy either.
Maybe Im over dosing, im using a 100mg+ per day. I will try your approach with much lower dosage.

JCub369

In my experience testosterone greatly exacerbates the robotic aspects of ASD especially at TRT+ doses. Everything's a tradeoff. Psychologically it universally makes you care less about what others think, which is already a problem for us. I know I'm much less inclined to put effort into masking in social situations because I don't get anxiety over it anymore. In one way it's liberating; in another I have to be hyperaware that I will unintentionally come off as a total ***hole if I'm not being mindful.

Also, it's not the T itself that makes me slow and stupid but rather the training and building muscle on it. Granted I am pushing 40, But I pretty much don't lift or do any kind of intense training anymore. I feel like the dopaminergic focus and drive in everyday life is much more salient when I'm not dumping it all in the gym. And the T allows me to maintain a respectable frame from the years I did put in. I can't overstate how much better I feel being lean versus bulking up.

Only occasionally do I have a problem with insomnia. I only apply once a day in the morning, no afternoon/evening doses. A couple mgs of melatonin under the tongue is the most effective, least invasive solution I've found. Not ideal I know, but better than benzos, and I take it infrequently enough that I'm comfortable with it.
What dose are you taking and how? In what?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals