Ray Peat on Sunglasses

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
I am not sure if this has ever been brought up but I was thinking about it recently. Does Ray Peat have a view about sunglasses? Do they do more harm then good?

I have been going au natural for the last year because I read somewhere that sunglasses are causing a lot of the eye problems but I do not know if that's true or not.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
I am not sure if this has ever been brought up but I was thinking about it recently. Does Ray Peat have a view about sunglasses? Do they do more harm then good?

I have been going au natural for the last year because I read somewhere that sunglasses are causing a lot of the eye problems but I do not know if that's true or not.
What a good question!
Clearly I do not know.
But I find it hard to drive without 'em when it's really sunny.
I'm interested to hear his views on this.

4peatssake

Found this from This Thread

Peatarian said:
I only recall that Ray Peat advised me not to wear sunglasses and to look into the sun for a few moments every now and then.

Gabriel

He cannot seriously recommend "looking into the sun". You'll destroy your retina doing that and it won't regenerate unlike may other cells in the body.

J

j.

Gabriel said:
He cannot seriously recommend "looking into the sun". You'll destroy your retina doing that and it won't regenerate unlike may other cells in the body.

Yeah, but I think he said that PUFAs enhance sensitivity. Maybe he is recommending it to people who haven't had PUFAs for years so they don't have it in their eyes.

Mittir

Gabriel said:
You omitted the part " to look into the sun for a few moments every now and then"
Most people knows that prolonged staring into sun causes eye damage.
Can you cite any source that shows that even if someone look into the sun for a few moments will have
retina damage?
I have heard him say to look at bright incandescent light for few seconds as red light
repairs retina damage. Sun light is a good source of red right. I know sun light has
damaging blue and ultra violet rays too.

J

j.

I feel that a PUFA-replete eye will be damaged by looking at the sun a few moments. PUFA-free, I have no idea.

aidan

He talks about how red light protects you from the damage from the sun's eyes. If you took out blue maybe protect you more.

LucyL

I think it is the William Bates method (for improving eyesight without glasses) that advocated an exercise where you turn your face into the sun and turn it from one side to the other while blinking your eyes. Perhaps it is that type of "momentary" exposure that is Ray Peat has in mind.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Inaut Ray Peat Torrent Resources 10
joshquintanilla Anti-Peat New Soundbite- Jack Kruse on Ray Peat Debate - Anti-Peat 47
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
Simatta Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic Diet, Recipes 52
livesimply Available EBooks Directly From Ray Peat Book Recommendations 0
L Ray Peat Interview Nov 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetics, Thyroid, Stress, News Interviews 7
Hgreen56 Ray Peat (high Sugar) Diet Works Only Temporarily (?) Diet 0
B Ray Peat, William Blake Thesis 1960 Book Recommendations 1
JayDee 2020.01.20 : Dr. Ray Peat On Cosmology & Transforming Society | Cooperation Paradigm Audio Interview Transcripts 1
JayDee 2020.06.10 : Jodellefit : Dr Ray Peat Q&A - Weight Loss, Stretch Marks, Hydrogen, Negative Ions Audio Interview Transcripts 2
RealNeat "Search By Word" Ray Peat Transcripts + Emails Resources 12
L Ray Peat Interview Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Oct 30, 2020 Interviews 11
D Danks' Ray Peat Journey Ask For Help or Advice 0
Lejeboca Ray Peat Interview Oct 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov Interviews 0
youngsinatra Bodybuilding Diet With Ray Peat Principles Discussing Dietary Models 38
Brundle Ray Peat And Stalinism Metabolism 245
E Philosopher AI About Ray Peat Miscellaneous 33
Razvan Gotta Leave Ray Peat Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 68
David PS What's So Happy About Serotonin? With Ray Peat (Butter Living Podcast) Interviews 0
Y Strong.Sistas - Dr Ray Peat Q&A | PUFAS, Fructose, Weight Loss, PCOS, Hormones, Cholesterol, & More Interviews 23
Hgreen56 Do You Have Cfs/me Or Pots And Have You Good Experience With Ray Peat's Principles? Experiments 14
md_a Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat - Iodine, Spider Veins, Oxalates, Fat Loss 2020-07-31 Jodellefit 0
MatheusPN Ray Peat Search Engine Resources 22
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat "Ray Peat Diet Put Me In Hospital" Debate - Anti-Peat 18
L Ray Peat Interview July 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov Interviews 1
M Ray Peat Is Fine With Up To 30% Of Calories From Saturated Fat Macros & Micros 47
Energizer Ray Peat Interviews By Danny Roddy Danny Roddy 3
M How The Fluck Can I Get A High Calorie Diet On Ray Peat „guidelines“?and Ask For Help or Advice 33
L Anti-Peat I Think Eating A Ray Peat Style Diet Messed Me Up Debate - Anti-Peat 58
Insaneacinamide Ray Peat On The USA Being Inside The Mossad Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 131
md_a Ray Peat's Newsletter - Natural Order And Gilbert Ling - March 2020 Articles & Newsletters 0
A Balding Chad Finds Ray Peat Forum Hair & Nails 24
M Ray Peat's Austism Newsletter Mental Issues 4
md_a Ray Peat's Newsletter - This Novel Flu Season - May 2020 Articles & Newsletters 66
fever257 Contacting Ray Peat, Haidut, And Danny Roddy Rant or Rave 5
md_a Ray Peat Interview Dr Ray Peat Q&A - Weight Loss, Stretch Marks, Hydrogen, Negative Ions And More! Jodellefit 8
GelatinGoblin Help Regarding Comprehending Neurosteroids In The Context Of Ray Peat Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Atma Ray Peat Interview #24: Ray Peat And Georgi Dinkov: Immunity, Scientism, Pandemic Hobbyists, And Eugenics Philanthropy Interviews 6
S A Biophysical Approach To Altered Consciousness, Ray Peat Health 0
L Ray Peat Interview May 29, 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov Interviews 15
md_a Ray Peat Phd: Immunity: Articles & Newsletters 0
mrchibbs Ray Peat Interviews Podcast Feed Not Updated Anymore? Interviews 5
md_a Ray Peat - An Old Email Regarding Estrogens Articles & Newsletters 0
md_a 1999 Ray Peat Newsletter Articles & Newsletters 3
meatbag OTBOAT Ep.1 AIH With Ray Peat Audio Interview Transcripts 0
nigma "Translating" Ray Peat's Work Ray Peat Topics 8
Inaut Episode One Supplemental: Dr. Ray Peat Interviews 14
mrchibbs (Coming Soon) A New Landscape Of Life And Learning With Ray Peat (Butter Living Podcast) Audio Interview Transcripts 0
Inaut Ray Peat Interview A New Landscape Of Life And Learning With Ray Peat (Butter Living Podcast Interviews 2