Peaty Waist

hiconscience

HI everyone!
I loveee this site finally information backed by scientific evidence:emoji_clap::emoji_clap: and Ray Peat is a genius might I add. anyways so i have been peating for around 6 months. I have always had a tiny waist around 24inches (without exercise). after the diet I have gained 2 inches in my waist , but I feel absolutely fantastic. is there anyway that a little more waist girth is beneficial. also I have some eye floaters wondering if this has anything to do with retinal detachment from increased ocular pressure or perhaps even a decrease of pressure....does that have to do with the thyroid? I used to smoke marijuana aloot and I know marijuana decreases eye presure (why it's used for glaucoma). I have absolutely no medical backing or evidence that brought me to this assumption just one of the ideas I have been contemplating. Thanks for any input :2cents:

Orion

When starting Peat some increase sugar greatly and keep fat intake the same, this increase in carbs when someone is still hypo could increase waist size. Tracking food and macro ratios can help you see what you might want to increase/decrease. My first attempts increased weight as well. If you list your daily staples, supplements, height/weight, daily activity, members could give pointers.

Marijuana is considered estrogenic, you want progesterone in a greater ratio then estrogen, best to avoid marijuana if possible.

lvysaur

Estrogen is responsible for keeping the waist slim, and shuttling fat to the lower body.

A decrease in estrogen or estrogen sensitivity will make the waist bigger, and the butt and thighs smaller. The optimal waist hip ratio for women according to the literature is 0.7.

x-ray peat

The optimal waist hip ratio for women according to the literature is 0.7.
They have been trying to change that for the last several years going back to Sir Mixalot and "Baby Got Back." Now with Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj and but implants its just gross IMO.

tara

Welcome hiconscience

is there anyway that a little more waist girth is beneficial.
My personal opinion: it depends - if you were underfed, underweight, or underfat before, it might be that eating more is beneficial regardless of what happens to your waistline. Not sure if Peat would agree.
If one is very thin as a consequence of famine or extreme dieting - eg low calorie or low carb, that can apparently result in down-regulation of metabolism and a tendency to gain fat more easily when normal eating resumes. Probably preferable to ongoing deprivation.
Don't know if this relates to your situation.

'Peating' means many things to many people. I don't know what it means to you.

lvysaur

They have been trying to change that for the last several years going back to Sir Mixalot and "Baby Got Back." Now with Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj and but implants its just gross IMO.

I don't think anyone's been "trying" to change anything; it's simply been happening.

If you actually look at the sir mix-a-lot video, you'll notice that most of the girls don't actually have big butts by today's standards.

x-ray peat

I don't think anyone's been "trying" to change anything; it's simply been happening.

If you actually look at the sir mix-a-lot video, you'll notice that most of the girls don't actually have big butts by today's standards.
You would be very surprised if you knew just how much of our culture is created in think tanks and not by a random grass roots method as we are led to believe. The CIA has been manipulating us since their creation. This next step in the hyper-sexualization of women was obviously planned; society doesn't change this quickly without some help.
From Jennifer Lopez to Kim Kardashian: How Butts Stole the Spotlight From Boobs

"The huge amount of money the CIA had from the Marshall Plan allowed them, starting around 1950, to shape the culture and political movements in the US, providing carrots to complement the FBI’s sticks." Ray Peat

Last edited:

lvysaur

You would be very surprised if you knew just how much of our culture is created in think tanks and not by a random grass roots method as we are led to believe.

There's zero evidence for your claim in that article.

The 80s/90s look was anachronistic compared to beauty standards of the 50s/60s. They seemed to focus more on the estrogenic tiny waist, large hips during the latter period.

A lot of people simply find the "gynoid" fat distribution attractive. I think the preferences are somewhat malleable, and probably higher stress promotes that preference.

Also worth noting is that people aren't clear on what a "big butt" is. A woman's butt can be big from side to side, or big from front to back, or both. The former is definitely mediated by estrogen (hip widening and fat storage). The latter is somewhat mediated by estrogen (fat storage), but probably also testosterone (gluteal muscle).

It is also the case that Asian/European men who like butts tend to find the former more attractive, while African men find the latter more attractive.

Anecdotally, it seems that pure African girls tend to have really "sticky out" butts, but they look very narrow and masculine when viewed from the back. White women are the opposite; flat but wide.

I think part of the "black girl bottom" stereotype comes from the white admixture in African Americans, meaning that the women get both the big butt genes of black and white women.

Prosper

Does Ray like fat asses? Trying to Peat-ify my sexual preferences over here.
Ah, fat and greasy (non-pufa) asses, the natural obsession of a sophisticated Peatarian. I notice a true intellectual when I see one, for I too enjoy pursuing the finer and more nuanced things in life.

x-ray peat

There's zero evidence for your claim in that article.

The 80s/90s look was anachronistic compared to beauty standards of the 50s/60s. They seemed to focus more on the estrogenic tiny waist, large hips during the latter period.

A lot of people simply find the "gynoid" fat distribution attractive. I think the preferences are somewhat malleable, and probably higher stress promotes that preference.

Also worth noting is that people aren't clear on what a "big butt" is. A woman's butt can be big from side to side, or big from front to back, or both. The former is definitely mediated by estrogen (hip widening and fat storage). The latter is somewhat mediated by estrogen (fat storage), but probably also testosterone (gluteal muscle).

It is also the case that Asian/European men who like butts tend to find the former more attractive, while African men find the latter more attractive.

Anecdotally, it seems that pure African girls tend to have really "sticky out" butts, but they look very narrow and masculine when viewed from the back. White women are the opposite; flat but wide.

I think part of the "black girl bottom" stereotype comes from the white admixture in African Americans, meaning that the women get both the big butt genes of black and white women.
The article was only intended to show how quickly and effortlessly this trend was brought about. It is well known that people copy whatever they see their media idols do. As for proof, you could fill a library with all the books on social engineering and how the CIA and MI6 have led much of that effort. If you want to research this you could start with Operation Mockingbird, the Stanford Research Institute and Tavistock Institute. Brave New World Revisited by Aldous Huxley would also be a good book to read on where we are heading. He led much of the social engineering throughout the 60s including CIA backed programs to provide free LSD to potentially subversive college students and turning them into harmless flower children. He was no whistle-blower as he liked to portray himself. Of course you are also free to think that these trends just evolve on their own; that Disney role models all coincidentally turn into whores prone to nervous breakdowns once they grow up and that the best of what today’s musicians can produce sounds like a 6th grade poet with a drum machine… but I’m not buying it.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Does Ray like fat asses? Trying to Peat-ify my sexual preferences over here.
Ray is too smart to fall for the manipulation. It seems he isn't into Kim Kardashian style butt implants.

upload_2017-6-6_16-41-19.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

hahahaha this thread has me rolling. "peatify my sex life" haha. well I had a 34 24 36. body ratio. now it's more like 34 26 36. I was told waist circumference is due to cholesterol which sex hormones like progesterone decrease causing a thinner waist. was just curious if maybe all the cheese. mmmmmm. increased my estrogen. either way I feel a lot healthier and livelier so I will continue the peataterian lifestyle.
anyways yall are great thanks!

FredSonoma

hahahaha this thread has me rolling. "peatify my sex life" haha. well I had a 34 24 36. body ratio. now it's more like 34 26 36. I was told waist circumference is due to cholesterol which sex hormones like progesterone decrease causing a thinner waist. was just curious if maybe all the cheese. mmmmmm. increased my estrogen. either way I feel a lot healthier and livelier so I will continue the peataterian lifestyle.
anyways yall are great thanks!

Not sure exactly what you're eating, but in my experience, the wild OJ/milk thing made me very bloated lol. There was a poll taken here once and the majority of people here eat starch every meal. Also, I got turned on reading your body measurements. Lol!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals