Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Wagner83

Your welcome, it may sound stupid but I'm in awe of one of the reasons Ray gave to avoid androsterone, it's not biology/biochemstry confined to one's body but how it fits and affects the biology/biochemistry of those around us, and this matters too. I guess it fits perfetly with his approach to health, environment and the rest. I think most of those who used androsterone reported "side effects" in the environment lol.

milk_lover

Your welcome, it may sound stupid but I'm in awe of one of the reasons Ray gave to avoid androsterone, it's not biology/biochemstry confined to one's body but how it fits and affects the biology/biochemistry of those around us, and this matters too. I guess it fits perfetly with his approach to health, environment and the rest. I think most of those who used androsterone reported "side effects" in the environment lol.
Thanks for asking Peat more extensively about andro. He told me in email before he didn't like the downstream hormones and he much prefers pregnenolone and DHEA for a man. Those days, I will experiment with only preg, DHEA, and K2 without andro and see where that takes us. I don't want people to feel aggressive toward me anymore!

Drareg

I found it impossible to get DHT,I didn’t trust some of the sources,any international sellers people have used?

@damngoodcoffee thats an interesting response ,somebody asked him before but he didn’t say anything direct, process philosophy is coming from Whitehead,it’s a great book,Peat mentioned in an article that Whitehead pulled himself out of the thinking/paradigm of academia at the time.
I’m checking out Griffin.

I found it impossible to get DHT,I didn’t trust some of the sources,any international sellers people have used?

@damngoodcoffee thats an interesting response ,somebody asked him before but he didn’t say anything direct, process philosophy is coming from Whitehead,it’s a great book,Peat mentioned in an article that Whitehead pulled himself out of the thinking/paradigm of academia at the time.
I’m checking out Griffin.
I didn't find a whole lot from Griffin about the subject. Lots of 9/11 stuff.
He's from Oregon, maybe he's a friend of Peat.

Drareg

I didn't find a whole lot from Griffin about the subject. Lots of 9/11 stuff.
He's from Oregon, maybe he's a friend of Peat.

He has wrote a lot of books using Whitehead’s process as a key of sort,worth looking at imo,seeing the 9/11 stuff is a bit disconcerting but I don’t know enough about 9/11.
It’s a weird one alright but outside of the 9/11 titles there are some interesting books.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_...e=2&sort=relevancerank&ie=UTF8&qid=1509136266

Drareg

Thanks for asking Peat more extensively about andro. He told me in email before he didn't like the downstream hormones and he much prefers pregnenolone and DHEA for a man. Those days, I will experiment with only preg, DHEA, and K2 without andro and see where that takes us. I don't want people to feel aggressive toward me anymore!
Did he recommend a particular dosage for you to try?

theLaw

I can attest to this from using pheromones.

The good news is.......they work..............the bad news is.......they work.:banghead:

milk_lover

Did he recommend a particular dosage for you to try?
For what substance? He said 5mg to 10mg of DHEA should have a positive effect on the androgen/estrogen ratio if thyroid is in good condition, and pregnenolone should help also if the product is pure. He advises me to use them on any skin but not close to the testicles/ovaries (because in the email I mentioned DMSO). As far as andro, he feels the farther a substance is from its precursor material, the easier it is to cause unwanted effects when supplementing it and that much more animal research would have to be done to be confident of its safety. So he is not a big fan of andro nor 5α-DHP.

Makrosky

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

@Makrosky @japanesedude @Wagner83 @Drareg Have you looked at the question and answer given by Peat in the link?

Peat is very careful about applying anything to the testicles.. I asked him a follow up question about pregnenolone and other things too.. hopefully I get a response from him and post it on the forum.
Yeah I saw that. But as always my experimentation drive led me to do it. Thanks a lot! I think I am not going to put anything in my balls anymore. There are other good ways of raising androgens. Or maybe put a single drop once a month or so. Dunno, maybe my balls are really effective generating androgens if supplied with hormones. Quite complicated issue.

milk_lover

Yeah I saw that. But as always my experimentation drive led me to do it. Thanks a lot! I think I am not going to put anything in my balls anymore. There are other good ways of raising androgens. Or maybe put a single drop once a month or so. Dunno, maybe my balls are really effective generating androgens if supplied with hormones. Quite complicated issue.
I feel you bro, I am always experimenting, and some of those experiments give me clear red flags but I keep pushing because it's hard for me to single out what exact experiment(s) is/are giving me those red flags. I jump all over the place!
Not only is Peat against any solvent (except water) applied to the testicles, but he is also questioning why DHEA, given its main roles are brain function and fat metabolism, is applied to the testicles in the first place. Maybe if we ever want to use preg/DHEA/K2, it should be either orally or applied on any skin away from the testicles..

Wagner83

He told me and others the same many times, about dmso, about saturated fats or fats (don't want to change the fat composition of the tissues), thyroid/t3 (nonsense to use on testicles since orally you get all the positive systemic effects) and so on and so forth. He aims at fixing issues the more upstream possible and with a few tools he has researched (preg, thyroid etc..), applying supplements on the scrotum would probably give people some benefits but maybe create imbalances as well? If thyroid and digestion work well then serotonin and metabolism are positively controlled, for a man androgens are produced generously and everything shall fall into place. This is how I understand what he says anyway.

japanesedude

I've been using Pansterone and Kuinone or Androsterone on scrotum for over 6months.
but Im thinking to quit applying them on scrotum by Ray's caution.
My goal is to raise my androgens for long term.
so I will start applying on wrist or somewhere except scrotum to see what happens.

Makrosky

I've been using Pansterone and Kuinone or Androsterone on scrotum for over 6months.
but Im thinking to quit applying them on scrotum by Ray's caution.
My goal is to raise my androgens for long term.
so I will start applying on wrist or somewhere except scrotum to see what happens.
I would test estradiol, estrone and testosterone. It's not that expensive and you'll have a quick check if you're going in the right or wrong direction.

Makrosky

He told me and others the same many times, about dmso, about saturated fats or fats (don't want to change the fat composition of the tissues), thyroid/t3 (nonsense to use on testicles since orally you get all the positive systemic effects) and so on and so forth. He aims at fixing issues the more upstream possible and with a few tools he has researched (preg, thyroid etc..), applying supplements on the scrotum would probably give people some benefits but maybe create imbalances as well? If thyroid and digestion work well then serotonin and metabolism are positively controlled, for a man androgens are produced generously and everything shall fall into place. This is how I understand what he says anyway.
I totally agree with that. Learned the lesson.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Q. Theoretically, if the solvent is pretty safe, would applying DHEA on the testicles (less than 5 mg) be a good idea given that they are the primary site of estrogen conversion?

It would help if you send him the studies showing DHEA stimulated experssion of 3b-HSD and 17b-HSD and elevated T synthesis. The studies used Leydig cells from gonads, so the rationale for using DHEA on scrotum is two-pronged - i.e. providing an efficient T precursor, which has also been shown to stimulate T synthesis through enzyme boosting. The studies are in the thread on raising serum androgens.
The activity of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and delta 4-5 isomerase in human follicular tissue. - PubMed - NCBI
Dehydroepiandrosterone ameliorates H2O2-induced Leydig cells oxidation damage and apoptosis through inhibition of ROS production and activation of ... - PubMed - NCBI
https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/430150

milk_lover

It would help if you send him the studies showing DHEA stimulated experssion of 3b-HSD and 17b-HSD and elevated T synthesis. The studies used Leydig cells from gonads, so the rationale for using DHEA on scrotum is two-pronged - i.e. providing an efficient T precursor, which has also been shown to stimulate T synthesis through enzyme boosting. The studies are in the thread on raising serum androgens.
The activity of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and delta 4-5 isomerase in human follicular tissue. - PubMed - NCBI
Dehydroepiandrosterone ameliorates H2O2-induced Leydig cells oxidation damage and apoptosis through inhibition of ROS production and activation of ... - PubMed - NCBI
Dehydroepiandrosterone-Regulated Testosterone Biosynthesis via Activation of the ERK1/2 Signaling Pathway in Primary Rat Leydig Cells
Noted. I just emailed him those studies and if he responds, I will post his answers in the email depository thread.

aarfai

For what substance? He said 5mg to 10mg of DHEA should have a positive effect on the androgen/estrogen ratio if thyroid is in good condition, and pregnenolone should help also if the product is pure. He advises me to use them on any skin but not close to the testicles/ovaries (because in the email I mentioned DMSO). As far as andro, he feels the farther a substance is from its precursor material, the easier it is to cause unwanted effects when supplementing it and that much more animal research would have to be done to be confident of its safety. So he is not a big fan of andro nor 5α-DHP.
Ray said 5- 10mg of DHEA is ideal for the androgen/estrogen? Would that mean 50-100 mg on the skin b/c of the lack of absorption? Did he also recommend Pregnenolone on the skin? Thank you

milk_lover

Ray said 5- 10mg of DHEA is ideal for the androgen/estrogen? Would that mean 50-100 mg on the skin b/c of the lack of absorption? Did he also recommend Pregnenolone on the skin? Thank you
You can view my email and his response in here Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I believe the 5-10 mg DHEA is taken orally. He doesn't use it on the skin unless there is a specific injury he likes to cure. I also believe the pregnenolone is oral route too. If he meant topically, he would have said so.

aarfai

You can view my email and his response in here Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

I believe the 5-10 mg DHEA is taken orally. He doesn't use it on the skin unless there is a specific injury he likes to cure. I also believe the pregnenolone is oral route too. If he meant topically, he would have said so.
Thank you. I know it's been discussed many times before but has Ray ever mention how much daily aspirin can be used to safely raise androgens?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals