RP Email Advice Comment: Moles

EndAllDisease

Last week I emailed Ray the following question:

Hey Dr. Peat!
I have been reading your articles and listening to your radio shows like crazy lately, I just can't get enough.
Thank you for your work, it means more to me than I can describe in words.

Anyways,
I have more moles on my body than anybody I know and I really want to figure out what these things are.
Are they similar to age pigment formed by the interaction of unsaturated fats and iron? If not, what's their cause?

RayPeatForum creator "Haidut" has a line of liquid supplements, one called Melanon that contains Caffeine, Apigenin, and Naringenin that he sells for the use on moles. Is it important that I get rid of the moles, and if so, would applying this liquid topically directly to moles be a good way to do that?

Best regards,
-Mark

Here was his response...
I’ve always been very cautious about moles, since I think they have the potential to degenerate into metastatic cancer. Around 1978, I had been watching one on my belly, that had enlarged from an original nearly flat soft light brown mole, to a large, irregular, leathery black thing. A couple of doctors had urged me to have it removed. I happened to be experimenting with steroids, including DHEA, at the time. One night as I went to bed, I saw what looked like a maraschino cherry on my belly, with a black crumb on its top; the black thing brushed off, leaving a spot of blood on the red dome, and I realized that it was my mole. Over the next 3 days the red sphere gradually deflated, and what remained was the soft, flat light brown original mole. Every few years I have had suddenly emerging moles, of various sizes and colors. Each time I would apply some progesterone or DHEA dissolved in vitamin E to the surrounding skin. If I applied it to just one side, there would be an emigration of cells on the other side, like a moving shadow of the mole, and the mole would lose volume and become lighter in color. When I had been in Florida and stopped using thyroid because of the heat and humidity, a 2 centimeter diameter mole (jumbo black olive-like) grew in front of my ear during 2 or 3 weeks. A soon as I returned to Oregon I started using thyroid, and the mole immediately began shrinking and fading. About two weeks later, the pale remnant on a dry stalk fell off, without leaving a scar.
Since then I have generally recommended just becoming slightly hyperthyroid, if a person is generally in good health with enough cholesterol for conversion to the hormones), and other people have had similar experiences with very quickly shrinking moles.

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

Since then I have generally recommended just becoming slightly hyperthyroid
It seems he is implying that going hyperthyroid will actually shrink or eliminate moles!

I am excited to double my dose of thyroid to see how this goes.
Anybody have any idea why this might work?

dfspcc20

Anybody have any idea why this might work?

I'd imagine because you'd potentially be synthesizing more progesterone and/or DHEA when thyroid status is good. Hence his recommendation that there be enough cholesterol; probably should have mentioned vitamin A as well.

scarlettsmum

I wish RP would actually answer your question. What is it caused by, especially since I had it since birth? Also how am I supposed to become hyperthyroid if I'm struggling being hypothyroid. Is there a risk to have it surgically removed? I wish he'd clarify that. I feel he left more questions open by answering this and I am now scared by him mentioning potential for metastasis.

M

marikay

I wish RP would actually answer your question. What is it caused by, especially since I had it since birth? Also how am I supposed to become hyperthyroid if I'm struggling being hypothyroid. Is there a risk to have it surgically removed? I wish he'd clarify that. I feel he left more questions open by answering this and I am now scared by him mentioning potential for metastasis.

Vitamin A completely gets rid of my moles. Just prick one of the capsules with a pin, and apply the liquid directly to the mole. (It takes a week or so, but it does work.)

Increasing the amount of vitamin A you get orally will help as well. (I don't know what causes them initially, but maybe it is a vitamin A deficiency.)

I've never tried DHEA or pregnenolone, but if Ray says it helps, then it most certainly does.

A mole you've had since birth isn't likely to bother you, especially if it doesn't appear to change over time.

Good Luck.

thegiantess

I have also had one specific mole since as long as I can remember, that has grown along with me. It isn't irregular or anything but it's in a noticeable place and after 33 years I have learned to sort of hate it. I went to a derm a few years back and she tried to talk me out of removing it---she suggested I might not like be scar it leaves behind more than I don't like the mole itself. She told me to think on it and get back to her. I never went back.. Mostly out of laziness. Anyyyyhhow, I am going to try this vit a thing. @marikay What brand do you use?

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

I just had the thought to look up and see if my moles might somehow be related to the accutane that the skin doctor once had me on as a teen. I remember when I took that it was about the time that the moles began. After a quick google search I noticed that somebody else had the same issue happen, sudden appearing moles all over from taking accutane.

Accutane was terrible, I went suicidal for a bit when I stopped taking it.
Interestingly, before accutane I had been on tetracycline. If only I would have known then the benefits of that substance I would never have switched.

Anyway,
I've doubled my dose of thyroid and am looking to try the vitamin A topical method as well for these and see how it goes.
@marikay What brand do you use?

M

marikay

I have also had one specific mole since as long as I can remember, that has grown along with me. It isn't irregular or anything but it's in a noticeable place and after 33 years I have learned to sort of hate it. I went to a derm a few years back and she tried to talk me out of removing it---she suggested I might not like be scar it leaves behind more than I don't like the mole itself. She told me to think on it and get back to her. I never went back.. Mostly out of laziness. Anyyyyhhow, I am going to try this vit a thing. @marikay What brand do you use?

Just the inexpensive CVS brand. It was two for one:)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last week I emailed Ray the following question:

Hey Dr. Peat!
I have been reading your articles and listening to your radio shows like crazy lately, I just can't get enough.
Thank you for your work, it means more to me than I can describe in words.

Anyways,
I have more moles on my body than anybody I know and I really want to figure out what these things are.
Are they similar to age pigment formed by the interaction of unsaturated fats and iron? If not, what's their cause?

RayPeatForum creator "Haidut" has a line of liquid supplements, one called Melanon that contains Caffeine, Apigenin, and Naringenin that he sells for the use on moles. Is it important that I get rid of the moles, and if so, would applying this liquid topically directly to moles be a good way to do that?

Best regards,
-Mark

Here was his response...

Thanks for sharing this. Just a small clarification - I am not the creator of this forum:): I am just a user like everybody else. As far as I know forum member Charlie created the forum but he can probably explain it better if he is monitoring this thread.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Miggie

Does this work for these flat moles as well that are just dark spots basically? I have a lot of those and i'd really like to get rid of them as well.

Cheesecake

@haidut, what are your thoughts on this thread; do you see benefit in using your MelaNon in conjunction with topical A, AND topical Pansterone (for pregnenolone and DHEA) at the same time on/around moles?
Or have your findings show that MelaNon alone to be sufficient to see moles disappear? I've been using MelaNon (2 drop ON the mole and 6 drops SURROUNDING) for about three weeks now ...

Cheesecake

@haidut, what are your thoughts on this thread; do you see benefit in using your MelaNon in conjunction with topical A, AND topical Pansterone (for pregnenolone and DHEA) at the same time on/around moles?
Or have your findings show that MelaNon alone to be sufficient to see moles disappear? I've been using MelaNon (2 drop ON the mole and 6 drops SURROUNDING) for about three weeks now ...
appologies ... I've since read your MelaNon thread @haidut and found an answer to this: MelaNon+EstroBan being helpful, with Pansterone used orally swell maybe. Thanks!