Questions regarding muscle glycogen, b vitamins

martybyrde

I remember just last year I had a great ability to store muscle glycogen. Carbs in any form would inflate my muscles and give me endurance, strength, etc at the gym. This year, I seem to have completely lost that ability. I don’t know if this is connected but maybe my use of isolated high dose B12 and B9 worsened this.. maybe. Definitely no longer a fan of these two b vitamins. Also during the time following this I had constant muscle twitching all over and mild neurological issues.

Anyways I realized I may have induced some sort of b vitamin imbalance, and I started a complex again recently and I’ve had a sudden restoration of muscle glycogen and mental energy. Throwing in adequate potassium and magnesium and I’m golden. This combo brought back good health I think.

Any tips on which b vitamin can be contributing to this?

And hopefully someone knows how lots of methyl folate could have caused constant muscle twitching? I know it uses up potassium and even with taking a good amount of potassium it continued to happen. It more or less got better with time.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Muscle twitching is sometimes because of low calcium

The b vitamin that increases glycogen the most is biotin. So maybe that's what caused it .

OP
M

martybyrde

Muscle twitching is sometimes because of low calcium

The b vitamin that increases glycogen the most is biotin. So maybe that's what caused it .
I tried high calcium for weeks. Not much benefit in that department but I think it could’ve improved fat loss

hierundjetzt

I remember just last year I had a great ability to store muscle glycogen. Carbs in any form would inflate my muscles and give me endurance, strength, etc at the gym. This year, I seem to have completely lost that ability. I don’t know if this is connected but maybe my use of isolated high dose B12 and B9 worsened this.. maybe. Definitely no longer a fan of these two b vitamins. Also during the time following this I had constant muscle twitching all over and mild neurological issues.

Anyways I realized I may have induced some sort of b vitamin imbalance, and I started a complex again recently and I’ve had a sudden restoration of muscle glycogen and mental energy. Throwing in adequate potassium and magnesium and I’m golden. This combo brought back good health I think.

Any tips on which b vitamin can be contributing to this?

And hopefully someone knows how lots of methyl folate could have caused constant muscle twitching? I know it uses up potassium and even with taking a good amount of potassium it continued to happen. It more or less got better with time.
Which b complex vitamin are you using now?

pondering

Interesting. I did not know this about biotin. I struggle with muscle glycogen and know that I don’t get enough biotin for sure.

Could B6 be a factor too? I once took a supplement containing B6 and noticed improved muscle glycogen several hours later. Then read that muscle contains most of B6 (70-80%) bound to glycogen phosphorylase.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals