Pregnenolone, Progesterone And Androsterone Are Aromatase Inhibitors

Maisy

Blossom said:
For me the big one is no more cold feet! I also have a bit of the 'face lift' effect. Not that I have super sagging skin at all but I can tell a difference and even my husband commented first thing in the morning when I rolled out of bed about how refreshed I looked. It seems to be calming yet energizing for me, I just don't seem to be as susceptible to stress or tire as easily. None of that was too bad before but now I definitely feel like the pregnenolone has restored something that I was missing. I had been taking it daily since the end of last August but apparently not enough for me. If you are fairly young and in decent shape health wise you may not need it. I'm mid 40's and was doing quite poorly before finding Peat's work so that's probably part of why it is helping me so much. I've been reading everything I can find written by Peat on pregnenolone and it appears to be crucial in the mitochondria and detoxification involvement with the cytochrome p450 enzyme. I've got some notes written at home that I can post later. The reason I posted the quote earlier is that I thought it might help people who might not know already about the various dosages that are sometimes needed. I had read that and obviously didn't apply it to myself until j. and haidut began dialogue on the topic which led me to revisit the subject. I just feel all around better, warmer and calmer (bonus: and looking better).

Hi Blossom

Was interested to hear Pregnenolone was the missing link for you, so hoping it may be for me too! I am early 40’s and struggling with energy / stress etc and currently taking 100mg Preg a day.

Can I ask if you increased straight up to 500mg or gradually increased the dose and how you knew you had the dose right??

Thanks very much!
Maisy

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey Maisy, I got inspired by j and haidut to try the higher dose. Originally I was going to use 300mg but I noticed toward the end of the day I started having the cold feet again despite all of my other peaty interventions. I took 200mg more that evening and have been sticking with the 500mg daily since then. From what I have read from Peat I probably have some absorption issue. I'm sure the high dose isn't for everyone but I don't think it can hurt to give it a try. I think using a high quality brand seems to work best for me.

Maisy

Blossom said:
Hey Maisy, I got inspired by j and haidut to try the higher dose. Originally I was going to use 300mg but I noticed toward the end of the day I started having the cold feet again despite all of my other peaty interventions. I took 200mg more that evening and have been sticking with the 500mg daily since then. From what I have read from Peat I probably have some absorption issue. I'm sure the high dose isn't for everyone but I don't think it can hurt to give it a try. I think using a high quality brand seems to work best for me.

Thanks Blossom

I will try upping the dose and see if that makes a difference. I am using Life Extension, so hope they are of good quality.

I don't post much, but I read the forum updates daily and find your posts really useful - so thanks :D

Maisy x

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Another forum member j. mentioned using the Life Extension brand and likes it. I'm happy you have enjoyed my posts. I like how we can share our Peat experience on the forum. :D

J

j.

Blossom said:
Another forum member j. mentioned using the Life Extension brand and likes it.

I want to point out that it's the 100 mg version the one that doesn't have silica, at least when I bought it. Life Extension Pregnenolone 50 mg does have silica.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks j. for that clarification about the silica.

docall18

j. said:
docall18 said:
I'm a guy and pregnenolone definitely causes high estrogen symptoms in me, even though i have low blood levels.

What brand and dose did you use?

I have used Nutricology MLM preg and Liflow preg cream. They both increase my estrogen at any dose.

Using 50mg of MLM preg raised my E2 to 222 (44-156). Also, this was while using arimidex @ 1mg/day to try and reduce estrogen.

Dhea does the same to me.

juanitacarlos

I started a different brand of pregnenolone today as I finally ran out of Beyond a Century. So I took two scoops (the scoop that came with BAC powder) of the Smart Powders pregnenolone and I was soooo drowsy. I couldn't sleep but I was so calm and relaxed I just lay around listening to music. So two things: yay :D smart powder pregnenolone works! But :cry: as obviously my stress hormones were quite high. It was about 10 am when I took the dose. If I had to guess, it was around 500-600mg that I took. I'm trying the same dose tonight before bed to see if it helps with sleep.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
ttramone said:
I started a different brand of pregnenolone today as I finally ran out of Beyond a Century. So I took two scoops (the scoop that came with BAC powder) of the Smart Powders pregnenolone and I was soooo drowsy. I couldn't sleep but I was so calm and relaxed I just lay around listening to music. So two things: yay :D smart powder pregnenolone works! But :cry: as obviously my stress hormones were quite high. It was about 10 am when I took the dose. If I had to guess, it was around 500-600mg that I took. I'm trying the same dose tonight before bed to see if it helps with sleep.
It was a little unsettling at first to realize how high my stress hormones must of been :shock: . I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience!

juanitacarlos

Agreed Bloossom! I sort of new I was in a stressed state a lot, but still disturbing to see it like that. Glad pregs can help - and it's so cheap.

j. - I took two scoops last night with a glass of orange juice and slept from 11pm to 9 am this morning. I definitely feel more refreshed than usual (not hard though). The only thing I noticed last night is that I was quite warm and it took me a little bit longer to go to sleep. 10 hours sleep is amazing!

mouse

My friend's breast gets sore with pregnenolone or niacinamide unless she supplements iodine (in the 10-15mg elemental range). However she tends to be low in estrogen without pregnenolone, so it seems like it could be overly sensitive estrogen receptors or something else.

aquaman

docall18 said:
I need to take lots of DIM & arimidex when using preg, otherwise im cranky and sweaty. Probably due to high progesterone causing either increased estrogen sensivity or maybe high prolactin.

What are peoples' thoughts on using Arimidex etc?

tomisonbottom

Blossom said:

Hi Blossom,

Just wondering if you're still taking 500mg every day? Do you take T3 as well or just pregnelone to keep your temp up?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
tomisonbottom said:
Blossom said:

Hi Blossom,

Just wondering if you're still taking 500mg every day? Do you take T3 as well or just pregnelone to keep your temp up?
I've actually been taking about 900mg daily lately. I had an intensely stressful life situation come up and could tell it was raising my stress hormones. I take a small amount of t3- about 12.5mcg. I just made my first batch of chicken neck broth yesterday and I'm excited to see how that goes! The pregnenolone seems to help my temps more than thyroid at this point.

Ddixon3

Haidut et. al when I first started supplementing w Preg a few years ago I noticed an immediate anti-stress effect. This was right when I started a Peat approach and the feeling was unmistakably positive. I stopped for a long time and continued to refine my application of Peat's ideas. Twice in the last 6 months I decided to experiment w pregnenolone again. The first time I decided to try really high amounts bc I had read where Peat said it was basically very hard to over do it. This was definitely not the case for me, I had major estrogen issues to the point where my testicles ached a bit and I put on a decent amount of bodyfat. I am usually around 8-9% so it was pretty dramatic. It took me a while to realize that was the cause but as soon as I stopped the symptoms reversed. Then just recently I read where vitamin e may help reduce the conversion to estrogen so I decided to try it again albeit at a much lower dose. I also had read where it may reduce some of the negative effects of smoking marijuana which is about the only vice I have. Last night I tried a small amount of idea labs stress non and it immediately had a big sedative effect and I fell asleep early. However it also had a very noticeable estrogen anti-sex effect has my testicles started to hurt again and my normally very high sex drive disappeared. I am fine w not using the supplement though I want to understand why this may be happening in case there is something I need to fix. Any suggestions and insights are greatly appreciated.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ddixon3 said:
Haidut et. al when I first started supplementing w Preg a few years ago I noticed an immediate anti-stress effect. This was right when I started a Peat approach and the feeling was unmistakably positive. I stopped for a long time and continued to refine my application of Peat's ideas. Twice in the last 6 months I decided to experiment w pregnenolone again. The first time I decided to try really high amounts bc I had read where Peat said it was basically very hard to over do it. This was definitely not the case for me, I had major estrogen issues to the point where my testicles ached a bit and I put on a decent amount of bodyfat. I am usually around 8-9% so it was pretty dramatic. It took me a while to realize that was the cause but as soon as I stopped the symptoms reversed. Then just recently I read where vitamin e may help reduce the conversion to estrogen so I decided to try it again albeit at a much lower dose. I also had read where it may reduce some of the negative effects of smoking marijuana which is about the only vice I have. Last night I tried a small amount of idea labs stress non and it immediately had a big sedative effect and I fell asleep early. However it also had a very noticeable estrogen anti-sex effect has my testicles started to hurt again and my normally very high sex drive disappeared. I am fine w not using the supplement though I want to understand why this may be happening in case there is something I need to fix. Any suggestions and insights are greatly appreciated.

The anti-sex effects is probably from the progesterone conversion of pregnenolone. It can go away by adding as little as 5mg DHEA when taking pregnenolone. How do you know the anti-sex effect is estrogen in your case? Just going by symptoms can be very misleading.
At least, it has the calming effect it should unlike some other people here that claim it's keeping them awake at night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals