Low-dose DHEA Inhibits Aromatase By 35% And Endotoxin Blocks That Effect

Mjhl85

I find a chicken or the egg scenario here. Due to the post you made last year haidut about dhea blocking endotoxin. Can you clarify that?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I find a chicken or the egg scenario here. Due to the post you made last year haidut about dhea blocking endotoxin. Can you clarify that?

Why chicken and egg? DHEA reduces bad effects of endotoxin, and endotoxin reduces positive effects of DHEA. Alone, each chemical has a much pronounced effect (good or bad). It's quite common for chemicals that act in an opposite ways to have that cancelling/attenuating effects one each other.

B

Braveheart

Hello John
Thank you for your reply and confirmation that nettle root was beneficial for you. Good to know.

Did you find that 'doing carrot' and charcoal imp
Hello John
Thank you for your reply and confirmation that nettle root was beneficial for you. Good to know.

Did you find that 'doing carrot' and charcoal improved your brain fog? I have seen marked improvement with both when consistently applied in a range of people, including myself. I think, and who knows as you say, removal or reduction of brain fog with g/carrot and/or charcoal is indicative of endotoxic load. I have also seen reduction in ear ringing in a few where mechanical damage was not causative.

It has been my experience that use of g/carrot and/or charcoal can reduce blood sugar as the system adapts (begins to work more efficiently?) and if the person doesn't keep their fuel uptake matching their needs closely then the resultant hypoglycaemia and stress response might lower the gut/blood stream barrier enough for the remaining endotoxin or undigested particles (or whatever can cause an inflammatory response) can continue to cause problems. Admittedly one has reduced the endotoxic load from before, but things are still not optimal. Not sure, just a feeling looking for a better explanation!

Best regards
Sheila

Hi Shiela,

Nettle root is very good at lowering estrogen...widely used in Europe for prostate problems. Saw Palmetto was useless for me.
I think my brain fog is stroke damage...and mostly evident when trying to learn from this monster forum! There is a tremendous amount of helpful stuff here but it can, and has, stressed me out at times. There is also a language problem here...lots of bad English that can cause problems (and could be dangerous) with understanding complicated issues......my technique (KISS) is to simplify these health issues to get to the absolute core of the problem first...then look at diet , being very cautious about supplementing anything...I digress, sorry for the rant.

Charcoal and carrot have caused no problems for me nor have they improved my rageing tinnitus...I keep saying tinnitus might be a problem of soft tissue calcification. I also damaged my hearing long ago while working with the first mainframe computers...so don't know...just keep taking lots of K.

Would love to know the condition of my gut, so that I can take appropriate action if necessary...I realize now how important it is to health...but I really have no signs that something is amiss, so I just keep reading and studying first, before trying to fix something thats not broken...am basically just trying to eat the correct foods. Labs here very basic...can't get many of the tests mentioned here....but hey, maybe thats good!?

Mjhl85

Why chicken and egg? DHEA reduces bad effects of endotoxin, and endotoxin reduces positive effects of DHEA. Alone, each chemical has a much pronounced effect (good or bad). It's quite common for chemicals that act in an opposite ways to have that cancelling/attenuating effects one each other.
Ok. That's where my mind was going that there's got a be a nil effect because each one is voiding the others action. Makes you wonder if one or the other trumps the other. Makes me wonder if amounts have anything to do with that fact.

Sheila

Good afternoon John
I understand. FWIW, I agree tinnitus can be affected by soft tissue calcification which, I think, requires some level of inflammation to happen, given that it is a lower-energy state of tissue. Given that Vitamin K has a quinone structure, I suspect it has some impact on gut which may also reduce endotoxin load, over and above, or together with, its action of soft tissue calcification. It has been my experience that observation trumps labs every time. Useful sometimes, with careful consideration of the context, sometimes very useful, but I trust a whole person over a test, any time. I've seen labs change in a few days with merely a change in outlook by the person; I've seen the very sick with 'Harvard (perfect) numbers' and the fully 'fit' with shocking lab reports.....
Best to you with your researching,
Sheila

B

Braveheart

Good afternoon John
I understand. FWIW, I agree tinnitus can be affected by soft tissue calcification which, I think, requires some level of inflammation to happen, given that it is a lower-energy state of tissue. Given that Vitamin K has a quinone structure, I suspect it has some impact on gut which may also reduce endotoxin load, over and above, or together with, its action of soft tissue calcification. It has been my experience that observation trumps labs every time. Useful sometimes, with careful consideration of the context, sometimes very useful, but I trust a whole person over a test, any time. I've seen labs change in a few days with merely a change in outlook by the person; I've seen the very sick with 'Harvard (perfect) numbers' and the fully 'fit' with shocking lab reports.....
Best to you with your researching,
Sheila
Thanks Sheila for the feedback...think we are on the same wavelength...look forward to your input in the future...thanks again.

Sheila

Greetings Bzmazu,
Regarding Artemisinin, some further feedback.
Although one can perhaps never be sure that beneficial or detrimental effect can be down to one particular thing, I do feel - from my own and other patient reports over the last 6 months or so - and to continue our conversation on this, that for my group, Artemisinin lowers WBC in CLL. Patients report feeling 'well, really well' and their blood tests concur with lowered counts. I also have been taking Artemisinin on and off for controlled periods to determine if there are any other effects, good or bad. My personal feeling is that it works on liver function via iron depletion as is postulated - and I see improved eyesight, energy and oddly enough lightened lipofuscin spots lately personally, suggesting it does indeed target iron. I always wake earlier on artemisinin, and hungrier, currently trialling one during the day and one before bed (as opposed to two at night) just to see what might change in doing this (and keeping the plasma concentration more level). All my patients continue to take at night per the protocol developed, just two with some coconut oil for absorption, per your suggestion Bzmazu. I remain most grateful to you Bzmazu for this approach.
I think reducing endotoxin still remains key here - and that is a multiheaded hydra to subdue - but reducing iron seems to assist in this process. Will continue to monitor and experiment.
I trust all is going well for you and wish you a happy birthday this upcoming month.
Sincerely
Sheila

B

Braveheart

Greetings Bzmazu,
Regarding Artemisinin, some further feedback.
Although one can perhaps never be sure that beneficial or detrimental effect can be down to one particular thing, I do feel - from my own and other patient reports over the last 6 months or so - and to continue our conversation on this, that for my group, Artemisinin lowers WBC in CLL. Patients report feeling 'well, really well' and their blood tests concur with lowered counts. I also have been taking Artemisinin on and off for controlled periods to determine if there are any other effects, good or bad. My personal feeling is that it works on liver function via iron depletion as is postulated - and I see improved eyesight, energy and oddly enough lightened lipofuscin spots lately personally, suggesting it does indeed target iron. I always wake earlier on artemisinin, and hungrier, currently trialling one during the day and one before bed (as opposed to two at night) just to see what might change in doing this (and keeping the plasma concentration more level). All my patients continue to take at night per the protocol developed, just two with some coconut oil for absorption, per your suggestion Bzmazu. I remain most grateful to you Bzmazu for this approach.
I think reducing endotoxin still remains key here - and that is a multiheaded hydra to subdue - but reducing iron seems to assist in this process. Will continue to monitor and experiment.
I trust all is going well for you and wish you a happy birthday this upcoming month.
Sincerely
Sheila
Hi Sheila,
Nice to hear from you, and about the good results w. Art.
I'm doing well, feeling better than ever...back on the Art. and a good regimen of Haidut's wonderful supps. Looks like it also helps w many intestinal problems!? Wormwood: The Herb Kills Parasites & Cancer Cells! ... endotoxin?
Will check WBC count soon...expect it to be down to normal again. I think we are in the middle of a DHEA thread and I don't know what to do about that at the moment. Thank you Sheila, I look forward to continued contact and sharing what I can about Artemisinin.
Regards, John

B

Braveheart

Hi Sheila,
Nice to hear from you, and about the good results w. Art.
I'm doing well, feeling better than ever...back on the Art. and a good regimen of Haidut's wonderful supps. Looks like it also helps w many intestinal problems!? Wormwood: The Herb Kills Parasites & Cancer Cells! ... endotoxin?
Will check WBC count soon...expect it to be down to normal again. I think we are in the middle of a DHEA thread and I don't know what to do about that at the moment. Thank you Sheila, I look forward to continued contact and sharing what I can about Artemisinin.
Regards, John

Sheila

Dear Bzmazu,
I trust they will forgive us for the thread jack. Nice article thanks. Artemisinin might just reduce endotoxin, directly or indirectly, just a feeling. Yes, the Artemisia species have long been used in traditional medicine. They get a kicking by the authorities eg absinthe for their thujone content, really much ado about nothing in the scheme of things. I suspect they're antimicrobial via their iron depletion activity (not to mention digestive stimulation) and thus it is the Achilles heel of low metabolic cells that they target (high iron), regardless of the cause of that issue per se.
I am so glad to hear of your good health.
All the best
Sheila

B

Braveheart

Oops...I just reread thread...we were wonderng about Artemisinin and endotoxin...and I do feel there is some benefit...

B

Braveheart

Dear Bzmazu,
I trust they will forgive us for the thread jack. Nice article thanks. Artemisinin might just reduce endotoxin, directly or indirectly, just a feeling. Yes, the Artemisia species have long been used in traditional medicine. They get a kicking by the authorities eg absinthe for their thujone content, really much ado about nothing in the scheme of things. I suspect they're antimicrobial via their iron depletion activity (not to mention digestive stimulation) and thus it is the Achilles heel of low metabolic cells that they target (high iron), regardless of the cause of that issue per se.
I am so glad to hear of your good health.
All the best
Sheila
Good morning Sheila, Here is my email address [email protected]
I am happy to know someone who is using Artemisinin. I will soon do a review of all my info...to see if I can tweak my protocol any or leave it as is...labs coming soon too and will share results. Look forward to talking w you.

Kind Regards, John

kayumochi

Sheila brought my attention to this thread because I too was dx'd with CLL 12 years ago and am untreated to date. I ordered the ARTEMISININ last night.

B

Braveheart

Sheila brought my attention to this thread because I too was dx'd with CLL 12 years ago and am untreated to date. I ordered the ARTEMISININ last night.
good, let me know if I can be of assistance.

Sheila

Dear Lisaferraro,
I use the simple Drs Best brand, not over excited by the potential quality, but seems to work and is relatively inexpensive. It is my intention to use the whole herb in due course and see what the difference is.
Would be interested in your observations in due course.
My best to you,
Sheila

Sheila

PS. To others who have read this thread and think Artemisinin might be the nextest bestest newest go-to thing: I doubt it, caveat emptor, please.

I have no idea what Dr Peat thinks of the Artemisia family's activity, or Artemisinin as an extract but SO FAR, from my limited (6 months of trials) perspective, it appears to have merit. None of my patients, nor myself, are 'just' taking Artemisinin, many of them have also made considerable changes to their lives, thinking, behaviours and this will undoubtedly also have played a part in their success. The Artemisia family have a long history in medicine but also some mild toxicity, though what is mild to some, might be severe to others. Context remains king. Supplements remain, for me at least, supplementary to other strategies.

The only thing that I am relatively sure of is that metabolism and the production of energy to ensure structure and function is a key concept to promote. Artemisinin may be a handy bit player here, but it can not work alone.

Just my 2 cents. Respectfully,
Sheila

B

Braveheart

Which version are you using @kayumochi @Sheila @bzmazu? Thank you in advance!
Nutricology and Dr's Best from Vitacost
am wanting to try also:

Artemin100

it is important to get the highest quality...am looking into that. So far Nutricology had me in remission...will see results of Dr Best soon...

L

lollipop

PS. To others who have read this thread and think Artemisinin might be the nextest bestest newest go-to thing: I doubt it, caveat emptor, please.

I have no idea what Dr Peat thinks of the Artemisia family's activity, or Artemisinin as an extract but SO FAR, from my limited (6 months of trials) perspective, it appears to have merit. None of my patients, nor myself, are 'just' taking Artemisinin, many of them have also made considerable changes to their lives, thinking, behaviours and this will undoubtedly also have played a part in their success. The Artemisia family have a long history in medicine but also some mild toxicity, though what is mild to some, might be severe to others. Context remains king. Supplements remain, for me at least, supplementary to other strategies.

The only thing that I am relatively sure of is that metabolism and the production of energy to ensure structure and function is a key concept to promote. Artemisinin may be a handy bit player here, but it can not work alone.

Just my 2 cents. Respectfully,
Sheila
Wonderful thoughts @Sheila. I completely agree. Wanted to try for someone who came back from an Indonesian trip with bacterial infection and maybe parasites...

L

lollipop

am wanting to try also:

Artemin100

it is important to get the highest quality...am looking into that. So far Nutricology had me in remission...will see results of Dr Best soon...
Thank you so much @bzmazu!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals