Permanently Increasing Heart Rate and Temps Naturally

youngsinatra

I think bodytemperature is the better indicator of metabolism.

I feel best at 37.0 C or 98,6 F.

Perry Staltic

Look at it this way. For the moment forget the highways (veins, arteries) and focus on the lanes and cul-de-sacs (capillaries) that actually touch every home (cells). If you don't have good capillary penetration, and therefore not good blood flow there, cells are going to be signaling that they need more blood, and the heart will beat faster to meet that need. Capillaries in someone with better vascular health will get the blood flow they need with less pumps.

Limon9

85 seems to be an inference from the pulse rates of children, a demographic infamously ravaged by heart disease and poor vascular health.

If not youth-oric, you're degenerating.

Perry Staltic

85 seems to be an inference from the pulse rates of children, a demographic infamously ravaged by heart disease and poor vascular health.

If not youth-oric, you're degenerating.

Hopefully you're being facetious.

Phaedrus

Heart rate is a poor indicator of metabolism imo. Assuming same metabolic and heart strength, a person with good vascular health is going to require less heartbeats to get the same blood flow than a person with greater vascular resistance. It's just physics.
I think it’s not this straightforward. Peat acknowledged high heart rate can be problematic, for example someone obese with heart disease and whose heart is working harder to pump through narrowed arteries, like you describe. However he also said the slow heart rate associated with athletes (which medical professionals will say is “more efficient”) is not a sign of health, and that the high heart rate of infants and children is indeed a marker of higher metabolism, and that through interventions including thyroid and progesterone supplementation, adults too can improve their metabolism - for which increased heart rate and body temperature are telltale signs. Consider the “staircase effect”, the idea that in a healthy animal, an increase in pulse should also have a corresponding increase in the strength of the heart’s contractions, i.e. it’s pumping ability, as described by Ray here:

“In one of [Albert Szent-Gyorgyi’s] experiments, he compared the effects of estrogen and progesterone on rabbit hearts. A basic property of the heart muscle is that when it beats more frequently, it beats more strongly. This is called the staircase effect, from the way a tracing of its motion rises, beat by beat, as the rate of stimulation is increased. This is a logical way to behave, but sometimes it fails to occur: In shock, and in heart failure, the pulse rate increases, without increasing the volume of blood pumped in each contraction. Szent-Gyorgyi found that estrogen treatment decreased the staircase effect, while progesterone treatment increased the staircase.”

So what thyroid and progesterone should be doing is increasing the heart rate AND the amount of blood being pumped/circulated.

Lilac

My heart rate was 60 when I started Peating. I was not taking my temperature then, but I always felt cold--in winter and in air-conditioned rooms in summer. Diet, a few supplements, and sun, etc., got my heart rate up to 72 in about a year. Very occasionally it would be higher--80, 85--usually after a big dose of candy. And I was no longer cold--no more cold hands and feet.

I'd say keep going, You didn't say how long you were working on your diet.

To this day, I find fresh squeezed orange juice, from tree-ripened oranges--so ripe they dissolve when you juice them--is one of the best things for improving metabolism. I am just finishing up orange season here in Florida, and I feel good, and a lot of little problems have been resolving.

Perry Staltic

I think it’s not this straightforward. Peat acknowledged high heart rate can be problematic, for example someone obese with heart disease and whose heart is working harder to pump through narrowed arteries, like you describe. However he also said the slow heart rate associated with athletes (which medical professionals will say is “more efficient”) is not a sign of health, and that the high heart rate of infants and children is indeed a marker of higher metabolism, and that through interventions including thyroid and progesterone supplementation, adults too can improve their metabolism - for which increased heart rate and body temperature are telltale signs. Consider the “staircase effect”, the idea that in a healthy animal, an increase in pulse should also have a corresponding increase in the strength of the heart’s contractions, i.e. it’s pumping ability, as described by Ray here:

“In one of [Albert Szent-Gyorgyi’s] experiments, he compared the effects of estrogen and progesterone on rabbit hearts. A basic property of the heart muscle is that when it beats more frequently, it beats more strongly. This is called the staircase effect, from the way a tracing of its motion rises, beat by beat, as the rate of stimulation is increased. This is a logical way to behave, but sometimes it fails to occur: In shock, and in heart failure, the pulse rate increases, without increasing the volume of blood pumped in each contraction. Szent-Gyorgyi found that estrogen treatment decreased the staircase effect, while progesterone treatment increased the staircase.”

So what thyroid and progesterone should be doing is increasing the heart rate AND the amount of blood being pumped/circulated.

It's not so much the arteries/veins as it is the capillaries. Blood can flow fine in veins/arteries, but be restricted in the capillary system. The same amount of blood will flow with each beat, but more blood will simply bypass the capillaries requiring more heartbeats to get them the blood they need. On the other hand, in someone with better vascular health, more blood will flow through the capillary system with each beat, requiring less beats to get the required blood flow. And that's really all it's about, ie, getting cells the blood they need.

High heart rate can be a sign of high metabolism, but it can also be a sign of not optimal vascular health. Or stated another way, low heart can be a sign of better vascular health. So imo Peat's claim that low heart rate is not healthy is not accurate. In those who receive the benefits of vascular remodeling via exercise, it is in many cases a sign of good vascular health (increase in capillarity). In effect, it is more efficient, ie, same work done with less energy expended.

OP
ChetnikPeater

ChetnikPeater

I'd say keep going, You didn't say how long you were working on your diet.
I've been doing this for maybe 6-ish months? I'm not perfect but I was avoiding seed oils to an extremely mild extent for years. I am going to do what I can to stay on this path. I cook everything at home and eat completely Peaty.

I am just getting impatient as I wish I could cure what I suspect to be my hypothyroidism faster.

Peatress

I even tried 8mcg of haiduts tyronene and really didnt feel any change, extremely strange i think i will try again though.
I think once you drop the liver it might take a bit of time to notice improvement. You might find that once you've stopped suppressing your thyroid with extra A your temperature might rise. Are you filtering your drinking water?

Edit to respond to @Jamsey see post below

The vitamin A status of Africans who get plenty of sun (increases vitamin A requirement) but may have poor nutrition is not comparable to a hypothyroid European who does not live in the tropics. In a hypothyroid state the requirement for Vitamin A declines. His diet supplies adequate vitamin A without the liver. Dr Peat says 5000iu per day is substantial for a hypothyroid person. We are not comparing like for like with those studies. It is also possible that the op's issues has nothing to do with Vitamin A in which case a few weeks of experimentation will reveal this.

Last edited:

Jamsey

Where are the sources that vitamin A contributes to hypothyroidism?

In poor countries, vitamin A intake as positively correlated with thyroid function again and again.

I posted this study in this thread. It is the only human RCT that I’m aware of. They used large doses, 25k IU a day of rentinyl palmitate, and essentially everyone’s thyroid improved sigificantly (lower TSH, higher T3, etc.):

The Effect of Vitamin A Supplementation on Thyroid Function in Premenopausal Women - PubMed

“Vitamin A caused a significant reduction in serum TSH concentrations in obese (p = 0.004) and nonobese (p = 0.001) groups. Serum T3 concentrations also increased in both obese and nonobese vitamin A-treated groups (p < 0.001).”

From the full text:

(The OA grounp [active group, obese] and the N group [non-obese, active group] both got the vitamin A. OP [Obese, placebo] got placebo)

View attachment 18514

View attachment 18511

View attachment 18512

View attachment 18513

Can you link some papers showing this “anti-thyroid stress” of vitamin A in anything but crazy high amounts?

On the previous page, I posted a well done human RCT that 25,000 IU of retinyl palmitate per day drastically improved all markers of thyroid (TSH, T3, etc.) in both obese and non-obese individuals. Human RCTs are part of the highest levels of evidence to rely on, as only they can demonstrate causation.

Further, that paper linked other papers (I included a pic of the references) showing that in poor countries where vitmain A intake was subopimal, thyroid function suffered.

Please do not post any theory or hypotheses. I want to see papers - evidence - that vitmain A is an “anti-thyroid stress”, which will then be weighed with as little bias as possible against the evidence showing its beneficial effects on thyroid.

Here are some related papers:

Vitamin A Supplementation in Iodine-Deficient African Children Decreases Thyrotropin Stimulation of the Thyroid and Reduces the Goiter Rate - PubMed

The Effects of Vitamin A Deficiency and Vitamin A Supplementation on Thyroid Function in Goitrous Children - PubMed

https://www.researchgate.net/public...id_effects_on_thyroid_function_of_female_rats

^^Retinoic acid effects on thyroid function of female rats

“Serum T4 and thyrotropin levels remained unchanged, while serum T3 increased in animals treated with all-trans-retinoic acid for 14 days. No changes were observed in hepatic or renal type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase (D1) activities, while thyroid D1 was higher in animals treated for 14 days with all-trans-retinoic acid, which could be related to the increased serum T3 levels. 13-cis retinoic acid increased thyroid iodide uptake after 28 days. These results show effects of retinoic acid treatment on these thyroid proteins: sodium/iodide symporter and deiodinase.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals