Should I Decrease T3 Dosage If Heart Rate Is 90?

yoshiesque

I been taking 2.5mcg T3.

I started with one in the morning, then two a day and now i take 3 a day. So thats 3x2.5mcg, spread out by 8 hours.

Temps have been going up so its definitely working HOWEVER here is what I have noticed:

1. Temp is still low upon waking, around 35.7 degrees C
2. temps dont always go to 37, some days it stays around 36.6 -36.7 (Not sure if its coz of stress/poor sleep night before or something i ate)
3. Main thing, right now its night time and I was about to take my T3. The temp dropped from 37.1 to 36.7 BUT my heart rate is around 90 bpm. Is it safe to take my 3rd dosage of T3 if heart rate is that high?

I would slow down the T3. Heart rate is important. Along with temperature. I am sure some of us will have a higher heart rate before we will have higher temperatures.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

This is weird because I remember Ray Peat saying somewhere the temperature goes up first and eventually the heart rate follows.

jaguar43

Depends on what you need for. Ray Peat think's it beneficial to have a pulse around 100 to cure diseases and symptoms.

tara

How about halving the doses, and maybe spreading them out even more? Eg 4 doses of half the size?

T3 has a short half-life. I'm not surprised your temps have dropped by morning - your evening dose has probably run out by then. That's why Peat often suggests some T4 at bedtime. That and because some people, including him, got heart symptoms with T3 only. Is there a reason you are doing T3 only? I guess you could add a little evening T4, or wake yourself up in the middle of the night and take a another little T3 dose.

Have you increased your fuel supply to support this supplementation? If you are undereating, then one possibility is that you are running yoru sugars down and thereby increasing your adrenaline, and that is raising heart rate? Or just that increasing thyroid can give increased sensitivity to adrenaline?

OP
Y

yoshiesque

2.5mcg is already pretty low. Its gonna be difficult to half it since its in capsules. Its possible, but I dont know if thats the right thing to do.

Or just that increasing thyroid can give increased sensitivity to adrenaline?

I did not know about this. Can you give me some more information? or some sites that have info on this?

SQu

I don't mind 90 soon after dosing but would not dose again at that level especially at night when my adrenalin rises anyway and I take measures to lower so I can sleep. Also.I take a bit of t4 at night, seems to help stabilize me a bit, t3 only unsustainable for me after a while due to adrenalin.

tara

I did not know about this. Can you give me some more information? or some sites that have info on this?
It's mentioned several times in this forum. Now I can't find or remember if I've seen it in a quote from Peat, or just picked it up from old hands here. Temporary effect, should even out after a bit if this is it.

tara

2.5mcg is already pretty low. Its gonna be difficult to half it since its in capsules. Its possible, but I dont know if thats the right thing to do.
I think Peat's usual advice with T3 is to take tiny amounts, up to several times a day (it has a shortish half-life). If normal T3 production is 3-4mcg and hour, adding even 1 mcg at a dose could be quite significant. Taking more than you need (or more than you have resources to fuel) could lead to defensive action.

I like SuQ's idea about not taking your next dose when your pulse is at 9obpm, but waiting till it goes down again.

Peater Pan

Depends on what you need for. Ray Peat think's it beneficial to have a pulse around 100 to cure diseases and symptoms.
This is reassuring. Tell me more! My temps are increasing and pulse in 90s. Now I won't fear getting into higher 90s while I heal. :D

Peater Pan

How about halving the doses, and maybe spreading them out even more? Eg 4 doses of half the size?

T3 has a short half-life. I'm not surprised your temps have dropped by morning - your evening dose has probably run out by then. That's why Peat often suggests some T4 at bedtime. That and because some people, including him, got heart symptoms with T3 only. Is there a reason you are doing T3 only? I guess you could add a little evening T4, or wake yourself up in the middle of the night and take a another little T3 dose.

Have you increased your fuel supply to support this supplementation? If you are undereating, then one possibility is that you are running yoru sugars down and thereby increasing your adrenaline, and that is raising heart rate? Or just that increasing thyroid can give increased sensitivity to adrenaline?
Just started T4 w/dinner (7:30) and bedtime. So far, so good. Definitely not interfering w/sleep. @marsaday :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals