Heart Rate Of 48 Bpm? Low Or Normal

20170408_113832.jpg
20170408_113902.jpg
20170408_113832.jpg

OP
thms

thms

im focused more on healthy foods and time to regenerate my body ,thats why i train 3x 4x/ week.

my hair is okay not that full and healthy, but its okay.
i use zinc supplement 100 , 150 mg zinc gluconate (thats around 15,maybe 20mg elemental zinc on it.) elemental zinc counts.
my libido, my erection, my hair, is stronger than ever.
i see new hair after started to take theese supplements.
stress, coffein, diet... unhealthy for hair, this is the reason why i take 20mg of elemental zinc (from150mg gluconate) sorry for bad english.
here is my stack for hair
View attachment 5137

nice stack, i also take zinc picolinate and taurine, seems to be good for the hair

still not made up my mind about the iodine, do you think this does something for the hair also?

What do you do to keep testosterone up and how much protein do you take in a day to keep muscle mass?

thank you

around 2gprotein/kg, im 85kg, around 160g 170g protein a day.
i had never problem with libido or testosteron. I tried once DAA , when you take this stuff you are an animal, strong as hell , but after you cant take you fall back , and your estrogen raises too, my hair falls faster and i was a bit stressed, thats why i dont buy again this supplement. I tryed Fenugreek, Tribulus, but theese stuffs are overrated. Arginine+Glutamine combo is okay 10-15g arginine and 6g Glutamine.
i tryed Beta Ecdysterone too.... not bad, but dont worth that money.
now i supplement only with zinc for testo, i feel amazing with zinc supplement i think its enough to keep your testo high.
my best friend died last year in cancer, i was depressed, stressed everyday , i gained some weight too because of cortisol, i stressed all day, had no power no motivation, pre workouts with caffein cant helped me at all, it was worsten, some adaptogen herbs , and supplements helped me a lot... now i feel much better, thanks god.
zinc supplementation is underrated.

To keep my muscle i use BCAA+Citruline malate with glutamine, and some Egg amino. but not every day.
i eat clear, so dont need to take theese stuffs everyday.

OP
thms

thms

To keep my muscle i use BCAA+Citruline malate with glutamine, and some Egg amino. but not every day.
i eat clear, so dont need to take theese stuffs everyday.

thanks for the explaination, i dont take citruline malate and l-arginine anymore because those two make me feel like ***t after taking and the day after.

beginning to think that it is due to the nitric oxide producing effect of those two. or it is just that i am highly sensitive to about most everything and anything

cant even wear perfurme or hair products because i feel the effect of the s cent on my breathing. i make my own pomade i think it is much better for health and hair

i feel a bit shitty after using citruline with arginine too , thats why i dont use everyday. I think i cut out theese supplements when i finish the bottles. Less energy less motovation and i feel a bit sleepy after i take this combo...

OP
thms

thms

Just measured again after consuming potatoes , cane sugar, Cottage cheese and milk and my pulse is 126?

Seems very high to me could my situation be all stress related?

Temp is 38,1 celcius

whodathunkit

Did your metabolism / pulse/temp raise after taking iodine?
My metabolism seemed to improve because I felt better. Had more energy. I don't know about pulse and temp because I wasn't following them at the time.

FWIW, I don't really use pulse or temp much now, either, because I don't want to get so caught up in reaching a certain "marker" that I forget that it's really about how I feel and whether or not I have the energy to do the things I want to do. So basically, if my energy starts to get low I'll pay attention to calorie intake. If my feet start getting cold, I'll take measures to warm up (eating, couple drops of T3, vitamin E, etc.). But I don't take my body temps daily or, heaven forbid, multiple times daily. Nor my pulse. I'm over chasing markers. Life's too short, plus, if you don't consistently hit your marker then you get discouraged. However, when you're first starting to recover, markers can be useful motivators. Point is don't get too caught up in them because if you feel good you're probably hitting them anyway.

As a point of interest I just took my pulse and it's 82 and my temp is 98.6 at 3:30 in the afternoon. Haven't eaten in nearly three hours. I didn't really need to do that because I feel pretty darn good. But sometimes it's nice to have confirmation. :)

Also, if you decide to try iodine, PLEASE do some research on it. If you've got a lot of mercury or halogens in your body, taking iodine can cause you to suddenly start excreting them, which can make you sick. Iodine can be great but it can also cause a lot of problems for some people. So be careful with it, and again, research it before trying. Learn about it.

Good luck!

OP
thms

thms

blood work results came in and it appears that i have a CMV infection goin on

does anyone know about this and how this relates to my current feelings?

thank you

Ella

Forum Supporter
it appears that i have a CMV infection goin on

Yes, I have just glanced your results. CMV can definitely make you feel extremely fatigued. It can take months, if not years to recover. It is any wonder that you would be able to work out having this going on. Are you eating liver?

What did you dr recommend?

I would start aspirin as it works on many levels; one having an anti-viral mechanism which inhibits viral replication. Many people carry these viruses (herpes family). They lay dormant and are activated when the individual is immune-compromised.

Rather than supplementing with zinc, you should do a thorough investigation of all metals as they each work in fighting viral infections. Everyone thinks of zinc but zinc needs to be in balance with copper. Copper, manganese, selenium, cobalt and nickel all fight against viruses.

Malnutrition is the biggest risk factor for these viruses. Look at those factors that may have contributed to your immune-comprised status.

I would be careful with supplementing iodine. Peat says the safest form is thyroid hormone. Iodine reacts with polyunsaturated fats that results in deleterious molecules. I would stick to oysters and shellfish or thyroid hormone. The shellfish contain all the macro and trace elements to ensure a robust immune system. Your vitamin A levels if not already greatly depleted, will become depleted at a faster rate when fighting an infection. You need to increase liver consumption to stay on top. Raw egg yolks + sugar makes an excellent immune booster. Beat egg yolks with some sugar until creamy. You can add milk and drink like eggnog.

Sugar should help testosterone. Sugar + sunshine + physical activity (does not have to involve lifting weights) Just walking, or slow QiGong, Tai Chi will increase testosterone. I would not worry about exercise at this point in time - just focus on rest as you are in an exhausted state.

If you are shedding the virus, you need to stay away from pregnant women, infants, children and abstain from kissing and sexual activity.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/cytomegalovirus-cmv

GreekDemiGod

This is an interesting thread. Measured my pulse today, at noon, it's around 65 - 70.
I also measure it at the gym, on the treadmill machines. Workout time, it's around 85 - 95 and spikes over 100 during intense sets.

I've been lifting weights for 2 years straight. I am 182 cm and I am nowhere near @thms's level of muscularity. My max weight has been 170 lbs @ 15% BF. But I find it odd that he maintains his weight on only 3000 cal / day.
I'm eating 3400 cal on my lean bulk, and on 3000 I barely maintain.

And about the bodybuilding diet (No sugar at all , No saturated fats only chicken and Rice / potatoes / No dairy at all ). I thought it was a meme from the MISC bodybuilding forum). I mean, I thought no one really just eats just that. It seems no smart at all to not have saturated fats. Even the Vertical Diet has red meat as a staple.

I always considered myself as having a 'fast metabolism' because I am a hardgainer, can eat up to 400g of carbs / day and not get overweight.
But am I really a fast metabolizer with normal, but not ideal thyroid function (TSH ~ 3) and low-ish HR?

I am curious to learn more about what heart rate should be. This quote says “their pulse rate came down to normal”, but the end of the quote says 70 is less healthy than the healthier 85.

“The combination of pulse rate and temperature is much better than either one alone. I happened to see two people whose resting pulse rates were chronically extremely high, despite their hypothyroid symptoms. When they took a thyroid supplement, their pulse rates came down to normal. (Healthy and intelligent groups of people have been found to have an average resting pulse rate of 85/minute, while less healthy groups average close to 70/minute.)” -Ray Peat

redsun

I am curious to learn more about what heart rate should be. This quote says “their pulse rate came down to normal”, but the end of the quote says 70 is less healthy than the healthier 85.

“The combination of pulse rate and temperature is much better than either one alone. I happened to see two people whose resting pulse rates were chronically extremely high, despite their hypothyroid symptoms. When they took a thyroid supplement, their pulse rates came down to normal. (Healthy and intelligent groups of people have been found to have an average resting pulse rate of 85/minute, while less healthy groups average close to 70/minute.)” -Ray Peat
Too low is below 60 but most have it around 70-80. Your heart rate should really not be pushing 90+ while you are sitting down and you are not currently caffeinated or taking some other stimulant. There are many variables that affect it including genetics but it should be around those numbers.

Too low is below 60 but most have it around 70-80. Your heart rate should really not be pushing 90+ while you are sitting down and you are not currently caffeinated or taking some other stimulant. There are many variables that affect it including genetics but it should be around those numbers.
So mine was 78 sitting and having coffee a half hour ago and now is 72. Is that considered normal?

redsun

So mine was 78 sitting and having coffee a half hour ago and now is 72. Is that considered normal?
Well within normal. Some people after they build tolerance to caffeine, experience very little change in heart rate from it especially if the total amount of caffeine is low. But it takes 30 to 60 minutes for caffeine levels to reach its peak concentration in your blood.

Well within normal. Some people after they build tolerance to caffeine, experience very little change in heart rate from it especially if the total amount of caffeine is low. But it takes 30 to 60 minutes for caffeine levels to reach its peak concentration in your blood.
Oh good. I have had two cups over the last 2 hours, so nothing extreme. If I take a long brisk walk what should be a good rate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals