Low Daily Body Temp (97.4) And High Heart Rate (90-95bpm) When Sitting

artlange

I'm a 76 yo male. I use a CPAP since I snore and often stop breathing without it. In Dec 2016, my waking temperature was 97.1 to 97.4F (I used a glass gallium thermometer to calibrate my electronic thermometer) and HR around 70. My mid-day temp was not reliably measured. My hands were cold most of the time, and even with a down jacket, I didn't really feel warm. I seldom sweated, even with 1/2 hour of fast walking (only nose breathing). I stopped PUFA and started a Peat friendly diet, added supplements (Vit A 50,999 IU - I started lower, and had some acne and dandruff), 1tsp egg shell powder, for Ca, K2 2 dr Thorne, D3 5000IU, pregnenolone 100mg, Progesterone - 4 dr, ProgestE. Niaciamide. however, no aspirin. I started NDT slowly in mid-Dec and now have been taking 2x in morning and 2x in evening. I drink milk (1.5qt/day, and OJ 1qt/day), 4-6 potatoes/day, 2 pastured eggs/day, 3 -4 heaping Tbs Hydrolized Collegen, liver once a week. I have continued to measure waking body temperature, and six months later, for example, today my waking temperature was 98.2 and HR 93. I sleep very well, and wake up warm. Soon after I get up, my body temperature drops to 97.4 and stays there with very little change all day. I am dressing slightly warmly so I am sweating a little. I also have a 250W lamp shining on the back of my head about 3-4 feet away.

My TSH was 2.96 last year, and after starting NDT, my TSH went to 0.03ug/ml. Prolactin 19ng/ml/ I have a lot of other lab work, but they may not be useful. If something might be, please ask. I may have the measurement. the Prolactin seems high, and I do not know why. I started Lisuride a week ago, and I have not repeated the prolactin test.

I was thinking of backing off the NDT because my HR is a bit higher than I want and my sleep is good and my waking temperature is good(?). When I walk HR gets to 138, and I'm not breathing hard walking speed about 13-14 min/mile, and I am sweating a lot, and my temperature is always around 97.4.

It seems like my metabolism is high enough to maintain a waking temperature of 98.2, and when I start moving, including walking, my temperature stays as 97.4 (+/- 0.1F) and working harder (lifting weights, walking faster) causes more sweat, and my temperature does not go up. If I go outside and dress comfortably, so I don't sweat, my temperature drops to 97.1. My BP today was 121/72 HR 90 after resting for about 10 minutes. I was thinking of backing off the NDT, since my goal of a waking temp between 97.8 and 98.6 has been met.

What suggestions does anyone have to increase my body temperature during the day while without increasing my resting heart rate.

tomisonbottom

I'm a 76 yo male. I use a CPAP since I snore and often stop breathing without it. In Dec 2016, my waking temperature was 97.1 to 97.4F (I used a glass gallium thermometer to calibrate my electronic thermometer) and HR around 70. My mid-day temp was not reliably measured. My hands were cold most of the time, and even with a down jacket, I didn't really feel warm. I seldom sweated, even with 1/2 hour of fast walking (only nose breathing). I stopped PUFA and started a Peat friendly diet, added supplements (Vit A 50,999 IU - I started lower, and had some acne and dandruff), 1tsp egg shell powder, for Ca, K2 2 dr Thorne, D3 5000IU, pregnenolone 100mg, Progesterone - 4 dr, ProgestE. Niaciamide. however, no aspirin. I started NDT slowly in mid-Dec and now have been taking 2x in morning and 2x in evening. I drink milk (1.5qt/day, and OJ 1qt/day), 4-6 potatoes/day, 2 pastured eggs/day, 3 -4 heaping Tbs Hydrolized Collegen, liver once a week. I have continued to measure waking body temperature, and six months later, for example, today my waking temperature was 98.2 and HR 93. I sleep very well, and wake up warm. Soon after I get up, my body temperature drops to 97.4 and stays there with very little change all day. I am dressing slightly warmly so I am sweating a little. I also have a 250W lamp shining on the back of my head about 3-4 feet away.

My TSH was 2.96 last year, and after starting NDT, my TSH went to 0.03ug/ml. Prolactin 19ng/ml/ I have a lot of other lab work, but they may not be useful. If something might be, please ask. I may have the measurement. the Prolactin seems high, and I do not know why. I started Lisuride a week ago, and I have not repeated the prolactin test.

I was thinking of backing off the NDT because my HR is a bit higher than I want and my sleep is good and my waking temperature is good(?). When I walk HR gets to 138, and I'm not breathing hard walking speed about 13-14 min/mile, and I am sweating a lot, and my temperature is always around 97.4.

It seems like my metabolism is high enough to maintain a waking temperature of 98.2, and when I start moving, including walking, my temperature stays as 97.4 (+/- 0.1F) and working harder (lifting weights, walking faster) causes more sweat, and my temperature does not go up. If I go outside and dress comfortably, so I don't sweat, my temperature drops to 97.1. My BP today was 121/72 HR 90 after resting for about 10 minutes. I was thinking of backing off the NDT, since my goal of a waking temp between 97.8 and 98.6 has been met.

What suggestions does anyone have to increase my body temperature during the day while without increasing my resting heart rate.

Have you tried smaller more frequent meals? I often have to eat a little something every couple hours when taking metabolism boosters such as thyroid, caffeine or B vitamins.

theLaw

Sounds like you don't have enough energy (food) to handle the extra supplementation. Might try increasing your calories.

Other ideas:

Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

VoS Uncoupling Thread

Ray Peat Diet / Protocol Name?

Cheers!:cool:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals