Yet another "Is it hypothyroidism?" thread

aniepodam

Hi everyone, im quite new to this forum, but already found a some great knowledge here. Althought im not convinced to go full peaty-style, i think i can use some of this wisdom to better my life. To the point. I recently did a hormone blood tests and found out that i have high prolactin (could be the reason why i didnt have much sex drive lately) and what i believe is called subclinical hypothyroidism. Blood results:

TSH2.007uIU/ml0.350 - 4.940
FT32.55pg/ml1.58 - 3.91
FT41.01ng/dl0.70 - 1.48
E226.76pg/ml11.00 - 44.00
PRL28.83ng/ml3.46 - 19.40
SHBG29.1nmol/l17.1 - 77.6
T576.7ng/dl240.2 - 870.7
DHEA-S259.7ug/dl167.9 - 591.9
DHT481.2pg/ml250 - 990

Other results like morfology, cholesterol, mineral/vitamin content was fine a year ago (with exception of iron/ferritin and folate which i already fixed) and dont feel much different than then so i assume they are also fine now.

Symptoms i have: no sex drive lately (and it comes with waves, sometimes i would do it several times a day and sometimes i dont think about it for 2 weeks), poor sleep quality (feeling sluggish in morning) for a 2+ years already, little brain fog and no energy during day, no real drive for doing things (but dont depressed or anhedonic, more like laziness due to lack of energy), water retention (mostly in abdominal). I think i have chronic inflammation and/or poor digestion (i cant get rid of skin problems, topical antibiotics didnt help but 5-10g of Vitamin C did slightly).

Im a 27M, pretty fit (~12% BF, 75kg/176cm) doing strength training 2x/week + some cardio. Lately started doing some intervals (short sprints in-between low-intensity running) and walking more (30-90mins daily). I think i was undereating carbs (and especially sugars) in favor of fats and that is what im going to change, and slightly undereating proteins (planning to consistently consume 150-200g because i noticed a small improvement with that) with ~3000 kcal a day.

Im not sure about hypothyroidism, because i can maintain body temperature at 37.3C during day, waking up temperature is 36.3C-37.3C and sometimes im able to raise it to 38.0C (after eating potatos or bone broth - i think sodium contribute for that because i use a lot salt in its - after meditation or breathing exercise - Wim Hof). I can maintain that temperature even while prolonged fasting (which im doing right now).

Given that, i would ask you for some advices.

equipoise

Your blood test looks fine really. TSH is not perfect, but in contrast with everything else I'd say you are euthyroid.
Try dropping all exercise for a month, just daily walks, get plenty of sunlight. If possible, bathe your whole body.
Eat ripe fruits and try a B complex supplementation. For gut health, there's white button mushrooms (cooked for 2 hours) and the essential carrot salad.
You might have SIBO. Experiment with lowering starch and upping fructose. Eat some liver, once in 10 days. Track everything and report back in a month

aniepodam

Your blood test looks fine really. TSH is not perfect, but in contrast with everything else I'd say you are euthyroid.
Try dropping all exercise for a month, just daily walks, get plenty of sunlight. If possible, bathe your whole body.
Eat ripe fruits and try a B complex supplementation. For gut health, there's white button mushrooms (cooked for 2 hours) and the essential carrot salad.
You might have SIBO. Experiment with lowering starch and upping fructose. Eat some liver, once in 10 days. Track everything and report back in a month
I looked at SIBO symptoms and i dont think i have any. I have consistent bowel movements 1-2 a day, no stomach aches. Sometimes i have gases especially after beans, but it is also rather uncommon with other foods. No diarrhea and very rarely constipation.

Im definitely planning to increase fructose intake (through fruits and honey) as you suggest. Already eating 250-500g of liver a week. I dont eat carrot salad but try to eat 1-3 carrots a day when i remember and i think it improves quality of my stool (maybe i get too little fiber). Does mushrooms needs to be cooked for 2 hours? I usually cook them for 40-60 mins.

equipoise

I looked at SIBO symptoms and i dont think i have any. I have consistent bowel movements 1-2 a day, no stomach aches. Sometimes i have gases especially after beans, but it is also rather uncommon with other foods. No diarrhea and very rarely constipation.

Im definitely planning to increase fructose intake (through fruits and honey) as you suggest. Already eating 250-500g of liver a week. I dont eat carrot salad but try to eat 1-3 carrots a day when i remember and i think it improves quality of my stool (maybe i get too little fiber). Does mushrooms needs to be cooked for 2 hours? I usually cook them for 40-60
Alright man then I'd say you're doing pretty good. The upping of carbs will surely help you, niacinamide and thiamine are also crucial while doing this.