Interpretation Of Temp Measurements - Very Low After Exercise

Spartan300

First round of trying thyroid meds didn't work well for me but recently I've retried with considerably more success.

Waking temps not really improved & remain ~36.3 but have been regularly hitting 37 mid afternoon. My mood & libido are much improved. I'm more cheerful, resilient & relaxed than I've been in years. Sleep is slowly improving too. Inclination to exercise still low & recovery ability remains low.

However, I've just returned from a walk and took my temp on return. When I got back I felt generally warm including my extremities. Temp was 34.3!! I took it twice to be sure..

30min later after cup of tea & slice of cake and it's 36.8. Bearing in mind that before my metabolism nosedived I used to train with weights 3 or 4 times per week for the last 30 years.
Would this post exercise temperature suggest that even a longish walk is too much for me at this stage?

Hugh Johnson

As-salāmu ʿalaykum, my greek friend.

I had the same experience. It does eventually get better, but at this point cutting out unnecessary exercise seems to be productive. I suggest Max Sick's Muscle Control as an alternative to maintain the body. However, if you exercise in the evening, and if the temps go up the next day without an issue I would say you can keep training without any major issues. If it crashes the temps the next day you really benefit from taking it easy.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks Mr J :):

Generally I notice that waking temp and libido take a bit of a hit the day after a workout.

When I do try and workout I only do a couple of sessions per week and only amount to 6 - 8 sets per workout. Truth is I feel better if I don't workout.

I'll look at the Max Sick's stuff, thanks for that.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

T3 drops due to exercise you mean hamster and keeping sugar intake up during the exercise should help?

T3 drops due to exercise you mean hamster and keeping sugar intake up during the exercise should help?

yes. rT3 increases, T3 declines. Dr. Peat has said this happens after even an hour walk. I have found it very true. Drinking a Coke can help maintain higher T3 levels during exercise.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks, I'm convinced that many years of over-training coupled with (mainstream health) poor dietary practices & stress brought me to where I ended up.

I still want to be able to exercise but I'll be taking it slowly & will include sugar as I go.

Andman

tried adding a bit of T3 (and/or niacinamide, aspirin etc) to your post-workout shake?

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

I haven't, I've only been using 8mcg with a meal morning & evening. It's clearly having an effect on stress hormones like nothing else has. Maybe I'll add a drop after workouts on days when I exercise.

I'm hoping that the supplemental thyroid is something that I won't have to continue indefinitely.

Hans

Forum Supporter
First round of trying thyroid meds didn't work well for me but recently I've retried with considerably more success.

Waking temps not really improved & remain ~36.3 but have been regularly hitting 37 mid afternoon. My mood & libido are much improved. I'm more cheerful, resilient & relaxed than I've been in years. Sleep is slowly improving too. Inclination to exercise still low & recovery ability remains low.

However, I've just returned from a walk and took my temp on return. When I got back I felt generally warm including my extremities. Temp was 34.3!! I took it twice to be sure..

30min later after cup of tea & slice of cake and it's 36.8. Bearing in mind that before my metabolism nosedived I used to train with weights 3 or 4 times per week for the last 30 years.
Would this post exercise temperature suggest that even a longish walk is too much for me at this stage?
Have you tried Pyrucet and/or vitamin B1? How about B5?
It seems that your body is rapidly breaking down the glucose through glycolysis and not further through oxidative phosphorylation.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Hi Hans, I've been taking 100mg B1/day for a couple of months but I've never taken b5 or pyrucet.

Not sure I fully understand the 2nd part of your reply. What would be the implication of the situation you describe? Thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans, I've been taking 100mg B1/day for a couple of months but I've never taken b5 or pyrucet.

Not sure I fully understand the 2nd part of your reply. What would be the implication of the situation you describe? Thanks
Glycolysis breaks glucose down at a very rapid rate to create ATP because it's 15 times less effective than oxidative phosphorylation.
If you can restore oxidative, glycolysis can slow down and stop wasting the glucose.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Ok thanks, that helps & makes sense. My legs always feel heavy these days whereas in the past I can remember feeling almost like a 'coiled spring' with plenty of power on tap if that makes sense. Maybe my muscles don't have the reserves they used to if I've been wasting glucose for a long time.

I have just been doing a little reading about B5 and the fact that it is depleted by stress, deficiency can cause insomnia and it's role in managing cortisol etc. Think I'll try some & see what happens.

milkboi

Glycolysis breaks glucose down at a very rapid rate to create ATP because it's 15 times less effective than oxidative phosphorylation.
If you can restore oxidative, glycolysis can slow down and stop wasting the glucose.

Is Mildronate as good or even better than Pyrucet in that regard?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is Mildronate as good or even better than Pyrucet in that regard?
Mildronate inhibits fatty acid transport into cells whereas Pyrucet inhibits fatty acid oxidation. I don't know how they compare with effeciency for promoting glucose oxidation, but I'd say they're rather close.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

@Hans I have an order from idealabs en route so pyrucet might have to wait until I order again.

Maybe I should up my intake of B1 but I've been looking into B5 and what I'm seeing suggests that deficiency is rare being readily available in many foods?
Also b5 supplements seem to be at mega doses?

It seems that I've recently rendered the thyroid meds ineffective again trying @Hugh Johnson Maxick muscle control program. It didn't seem too intense so I thought it might be something to try on a daily basis. 3 days in a row was too much for me currently. Now resting again....

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Maybe 5 - 10min but I was putting in a reasonable amount of effort I guess.

Feeling a bit hacked off today, so easy to knock myself back it seems. Took 8mcg T3 with breakfast, 1/2 grain NDT with lunch, snack around 4pm & will eat dinner in 30min where I'll have another 8mcg T3. Just took my temp and it is 36/96.8.....

Hans

Forum Supporter
Maybe I should up my intake of B1 but I've been looking into B5 and what I'm seeing suggests that deficiency is rare being readily available in many foods?
Also b5 supplements seem to be at mega doses?
Yes foods to contain a lot, but research do show that additional supplementation can increase energy production further.

Back
Top Bottom