heart rate leaping up after breakfast

A. squamosa

I have Graves disease, have had the associated hyperthyroidism for a while, currently on a bunch of drugs for the Graves.

I am monitoring my pulse and temp to make sure the drugs don't push me into hypothyroidism, and over the past three days, have noticed an odd pattern - would love some insight if you have any.

Waking temp and pulse is low, 36.2/3, bpm 71/73. Then I take my temp and pulse 30 mins after finishing breakfast, temp is typically 36.7/8, bpm is 96/99. I take these readings before having coffee, so it isn't an adrenaline spike from caffeine at the very least. Breakfast is typically 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, a fresh tomato, and around 180ml freshly squeezed orange juice.
By mid afternoon 1-3pm, temp is 36.9/37.1, and bpm is 88-94.
Environmental factors: very hot and sunny here, and I sometimes wake up in the night.

I'm trying to figure out if my hyperthyroidism is re-emerging, or if there's some environmental factor triggering this heart rate, or if I'm high adrenaline after eating. Can eggs do this?
It's really weird, because prior to the past three days, my temp would go up as per usual after eating, and so would my heart rate, but only to around 86 bpm. Then boom, three days ago, suddenly I'm high 90s bpm once I've eaten. It was hot and sunny before three days ago, too. I really don't understand. I fricken hope it's not the re-emergence of my hyperthyroidism, because that means more meds, and they're tough on the liver.

edited to add: my appetite is huge. I do my best to balance macros and keep starches low so I don't over-stimulate it, but nonetheless, it is basically impossible to remain satisfied for, at the very most, over 2 hrs. By 2 hrs I am pretty ravenous. It's simply annoying and expensive to have to eat so much.
plus am trying to eat nutritionally, making sure I am across my vitamins, minerals, etc.

Last edited:
OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

making a comment because my thread isn't appearing in the 'newest' section for me, so maybe a comment will make that happen.

How's your health in general? Are your hands/feet cold? Any anxiety/depression, fatigue, edema? When you look up "symptoms of hyperthyroidism" on google, you get symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I'd recommend listening to this

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

It is quite tiring
How's your health in general? Are your hands/feet cold? Any anxiety/depression, fatigue, edema? When you look up "symptoms of hyperthyroidism" on google, you get symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I'd recommend listening to this

hands, feet, nose, all warm - fatigue yes, anxiety not particularly reactive except when heart rate is high, no edema but have thyroid eye disease. I'll check out the vid, cheers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals