Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

OP
ecstatichamster
I thought Ray said the thyroid gland should recover within 24 hrs from taking T3 and/or T4?

It recovers but you want it to be at a higher level of output permanently and that is the reason for weaning slowly.

OP
ecstatichamster
So I'm down to 50mcg a day of T3.

Temps are really good most of the time. I'm still a bit hypothyroid, I wake up at 97.5 or 97.6, but it's way way better.

I'll be probably off T3 this week.

I notice interestingly that when I take a hike or walk, about an hour in, my temps really fall.

milkboi

Temps are really good most of the time. I'm still a bit hypothyroid, I wake up at 97.5 or 97.6, but it's way way better.

I notice interestingly that when I take a hike or walk, about an hour in, my temps really fall.

That's where my waking temp sticking point lies. Do you think this protocol could boost me up to around 98,2 degrees long-term?

Gabriel Dell

When you get off T3. Please post here if you had any withdrawal from stop the T3. Thx

mimmo123

probably 2500 calories. No trouble sleeping.

Sometimes when I would wake up, and eat, I'd feel just so lethargic. I think from low stress hormones.

You need to be eating a lot more especially taking that much t3 thats most likely why your temps are low. when I take that much t3
I take 30 grams plus of salt and 4k + calories otherwise on only 2500 calories when you do any activity even just walking and take that amount of t3 your temps drop.

Also try taking only 2-5 mcg of t3 Evey hour or 2 hours with food or else it becomes deactivated and can make you hypo if you take a big amount at once
youll need even more sugar and salt to get out of that hypo state if that happens

I usually just break the pills up and put it in a gelatin capsule and pop them in my mouth every hour or so

The time released stuff is crap

Cirion

You need to be eating a lot more especially taking that much t3 thats most likely why your temps are low. when I take that much t3
I take 30 grams plus of salt and 4k + calories otherwise on only 2500 calories when you do any activity even just walking and take that amount of t3 your temps drop.

Also try taking only 2-5 mcg of t3 Evey hour or 2 hours with food or else it becomes deactivated and can make you hypo if you take a big amount at once
youll need even more sugar and salt to get out of that hypo state if that happens

I usually just break the pills up and put it in a gelatin capsule and pop them in my mouth every hour or so

+1 on the calories.

I disagree with the premise of the Gwyneth Olywn eating disorder approach, but I agree absolutely that men need 3000-3500 calories a day minimum for optimal health. Like you said likely more if on stimulants/T3 etc.

OP
ecstatichamster

That is another protocol, not the one I’m following.

I have looked at studies and there is no way around this issue except if you drink a Coke when you are walking. That is my strategy. It seems to maintain temperatures better. But there is no way around this drop in T3, increase in T4 and rT3 that comes with prolonged exercise even walking.

mimmo123

yep its a pain I did that with the coke I would have a coke with me everywhere I went I did too much if it eventually it started messing with my teeth so I stopped
as I was taking it with gelatin as well a lot of acid and would stick to the teeth.

I just do it with traders Joes orange juice and lakewood now and mix sugar if I need the calories
If you have no drinks around salt helps a bunch

Vinny

Cirion

Man, why you take so much salt? What gives to you?

It's not as much as you might think. 30 grams of salt is (only) 10 gram of sodium, since 2/3 of it is actually chloride, not sodium. I sometimes get close to 10 gram of actual sodium a day myself.

Salt/sodium is super important in hypothyroid. I've been coming to terms with this myself lately. Ray wrote a whole article about it.

Matt C

Been taking t3 since for a month now. I wasn't increasing as fast as i should of, my temps remain steady throughout the day around 36.5 and only a few times have it hit 37 which is the optimal. Not sure if i should cycle off and start a new cycle where i rapidly increase the dose...or just keep increasing..

mimmo123

Man, why you take so much salt? What gives to you?

Salt does wonders for me I mix it with baking soda it increases co2 and keeps my blood pressure normal
Its only like 10-15 grams of sodium when your hypo and working out you lose a lot of that along with magnessium
I think most people would benefit by taking a lot more salt unless they have certain issues

OP
ecstatichamster
Been taking t3 since for a month now. I wasn't increasing as fast as i should of, my temps remain steady throughout the day around 36.5 and only a few times have it hit 37 which is the optimal. Not sure if i should cycle off and start a new cycle where i rapidly increase the dose...or just keep increasing..

Now much are you taking now

OP
ecstatichamster
As of yesterday, 12.5 mcg in the morning, 6.25 for lunch then for afternoon, 12.5 at night for a total of 37.5 mcg a day (one and a half pills)

That isn’t the protocol. The protocol is to raise your temps up to 98.6 during the day. If you aren’t doing that, you increase dose until you do that.

Matt C

That isn’t the protocol. The protocol is to raise your temps up to 98.6 during the day. If you aren’t doing that, you increase dose until you do that.
Ive been increasing the dose my problem is that i don't think i've increased fast enough. my temps have plateaued for the last couple of weeks. Can you just keep increasing every few days till you hit that temp consistently or do you need to cycle off then start a new cycle with faster increases you think?

OP
ecstatichamster
Ive been increasing the dose my problem is that i don't think i've increased fast enough. my temps have plateaued for the last couple of weeks. Can you just keep increasing every few days till you hit that temp consistently or do you need to cycle off then start a new cycle with faster increases you think?

You keep increasing until it is stable for a few days then wean off slowly.

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m not taking maybe 30mcg a day and by the next week will be on zero T3. I have noticed the weaning off process took far longer than expected.

I was up to 180mcg a day.

When I was taking that much I had muscle weakness and felt off.

Now I feel much better than ever.

I can walk 8 or 9 miles with no recovery issues. For many years I would feel completely drained after that much walking and exercise. My recovery is really quick now and it’s no problem at all.

My feet hurt less and my body doesn’t hurt much.

Also my brain is back in full gear. During the higher dosages of my T3 experiment I had brain fog. Now I feel sharper than ever before.

I’m really happy now. I think I could do one more reset because I’m a bit short of 98.6F during the day. I’m perhaps .5F. Low, when before I was often 1.5 to 2F. Low.

I need to get more T3 before I do that and I’ll give it a rest just to avoid having to destabilize things.

This morning I didn’t take any T3 and my temps reached 98.2 within an hour. It’s so much better than before, night and day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals