Hypothyroidism Is Naturally Induced Chemo Therapy. Every Metabolic Stressor Is A Carcinogenic

Need to hear about this case more
I first read about it in this thread: Haidut Email Advice Depository

"About hair:

Wagner83:

Yeah I know we discussed it, my only question is are minerals and ph balance really downstream or do they form a circle with hormones, liver and thyroid function and the rest . Things like magnesium can be pretty potent. For example I'm still curious about hair loss because my hair look awful and shed a lot, yet I feel better than I did before. I remember being very stressed, eating whole grains and salmon and coming off bad nerve issues with the healthiest shiniest fullest looking hair ever. I think you are balding or bald yourself. This for me makes it hard to believe serotonin and cortisol or estrogens are the only players in hair loss. It also makes it hard to believe hair tests are a great marker for health.

haidut:
I lost a lot of hair over the course of a very short period (maybe 6 months or so) around 2008/2009 when I was at the height of my Paleo days. Since they I regrew at least 50% of it, so I went from almost bald to having a "receding hairline" as the dermatologist I saw called it. The period of most intense hair loss coincided almost perfectly with the period of high cortisol/prolactin/estrogen measured on blood tests, which have since normalized. To me there is no doubt that these hormones cause hair loss, the only disconnect I see with Peat is to what degree this can be reversed. The only person I know of who lost all his hair in a typical MPB pattern and got it ALL back was a mountain climber I knew back in college. He went almost completely bald in his mid-twenties and went to live with a community in the Tian-Shen mountains. I saw him maybe 5 years later and his hair had come back completely. He told me he would never go back to the modern world and there are things he could "feel" in the air, "taste" in the food and "see" around us that he could never explain but were obvious to people who lived in the wild. He said even one of those "things" was enough to cause serious health issues over time. He studied Selye as well and said once the "stress syndrome" starts it can be stopped but not reversed in the modern world we live in. That world is engineered AND optimized for stress and he thought he needed a complete reset to recover. He did seem to recover his hair fully and it did look real (no surgery or fake implants). And he went back to the mountains and seems to not have any interest in coming back. Maybe it is the CO2, maybe it is the freedom he enjoys there. But the difference in how he looked, not just because of hair regrowth, was striking. I don't think I could pull off leaving the civilized world for good, but every once in a while I wonder if there is any point in doing a more extended "reset" like him. Peat keeps going to Mexico and cuts off the world completely for months. There must be a reason for that. He also said a few times that changing places/experiences in a dramatic fashion can change things for good for people who do not respond to anything else."

mostlylurking

So I have outlined this theory in like 2 threads and some people there who seem smart said they liked the meta-theory. So it's about time I lay it out here for you guys to discuss it and most likely refute it! Sorry, its a bit long.

To my person: Haven't read a whole lot of papers or stuff like that, just got most of my knowledge (which is basically non existent when it comes to micro-level stuff) from the forum. This is extremely meta theory level, and in a way surely very naive and over simplified (which arguably could have benefits as an approach, considering how science works nowadays).

One thing that has bugged me was the forums use of the word "stress". What does a stressor really do? The concept is too broad to understand anything with it. One user said "lack of energy" which I like.

Another thing I never understood was: Why do some of us keep being hypothyroid, even if we eat like 5000 calories for example and a highly nutrient dense diet? Meanwhile some people have a third of that fuel and ideal temperatures. I suppose this forums answer would be that the "stressors" like PUFA interact on a chemical level with our body compositions in a way that makes it impossible to raise temperature, even though we have the fuel to do so in this case (or do we not?). This forums answer, if I understand it correctly, would be that our bodies want to raise their temperatures, but can't, because of the stuff that happens on a cellular level stopping energy circulation. Hypothyroidism is thus rendered a disease.

My theory is that hypothyroidism (and any metabolically compromising reaction) is a response, not a disease. A response to a cancer threat induced by our carcinogenic environment.

Why do I believe this?

In order to heal from the damages hypothyroidism for example causes, we would have to re-enter an anabolic state, and well, stop being hypothyroid. Hypothyroidism is the exact reason we are not anabolic, and cannot heal. Yet we are unable to escape hypothyroidism and catabolism, sometimes even despite eating so much quality food, resting so much etc. Maybe there is a reason for that that doesn't come down to our bodies being completely helpless about overcoming it on a chemical/cellular level. Maybe, there is even further "stress" in regeneration/anabolism, maybe even potentially deadly stress?

catabolism = breaking down, hypothyroidism, low metabolism, but ultimately also starvation
anabolism = growth, regeneration, but ultimately also cancer (in presence of carcinogenics, which I theorize, every metabolic "stressor" directly or indirectly is)

When I looked into cancer more questions came up and I finally formed the following idea based on the anabolism/catabolism comparison above:

What if we are hypothyroid/metabolically compromised to keep cancer at bay? What if hypothyroidism induces a catabolic state as a form of natural, light chemo therapy to do that?

Anecdotally, I noticed that there seems to be a paradox in cancer: People who look young for their age (before being put on chemo) seem to be at higher risk of getting cancer to me, or at the very least, not at a lower risk than people looking older (which you would think indicates poorer health and thus higher cancer risk).
Makes sense, because looking young/healthy indicates anabolism (regeneration), and anabolism is not only necessary for regeneration, but also for regeneration gone wrong: cancer cell growth. Worse regeneration, no (or lower risk of) cancer.
What if these peoples response to the cancer threat our environments pose are not adequate in that they are kept in an anabolic state in which their metabolisms are great, but they are in turn at risk of getting a deadly disease?

Every attempt to methylate our DNA to rejuvenate it is a cancer risk, if carcinogenics are present.

What if not getting cancer is the reason we are hypothyroid? What if, evolutionary speaking, hypothyroidism is a response to a death threat in which not dying is priority 1, and having a highly functioning metabolism priority 2, that we have to allow by removing carcinogenics ("stressors")?

This would mean artificially boosting metabolism (e.g. through synthetic thyroid) despite not reducing "stressors"/carcinogenics (which would be the natural way of "allowing" higher metabolism and regeneration) would increase cancer risk.

Thyroid Hormones and Cancer: A Comprehensive Review of Preclinical and Clinical Studies
"However, a large body of evidence suggests that subclinical and clinical hyperthyroidism increase the risk of several solid malignancies while hypothyroidism may reduce aggressiveness or delay the onset of cancer."

T3 levels in relation to prognostic factors in breast cancer: a population-based prospective cohort study
"We have previously found a positive association between prospectively measured levels of triiodothyronine (T3) and breast cancer incidence as well as breast cancer mortality."

@lampofred also theorized that lower temperaturs keep pufa in tissue more stable

ray on methylation among other things:
Protective CO2 and aging

Feel free to not only criticize, but also expand on the theory.
I'll try to add something to this conversation.

Stress is not just emotional stress. Stress also includes physical stress where your body cannot meet the demands put on it on the cellular level. People acquire a burden of heavy metals over their lifetime, some more than others. Dental mercury amalgams, lead in the dust you breath, arsenic from eating chicken livers, cadmium from the garden bone meal soil supplement; multiple miscellaneous heavy metals find their way inside you. These add to the body's stress load. Radiation also is a major body stress: dental xrays, medical imaging procedures, emf polution from all the communication towers. All of this puts a heavy load on the body and hinders its ability to create energy (ATP) via oxidative metabolism. Pharmaceutical drugs, by definition, are not natural to the body, they poison the body in one way or another. They too add to the stress level. All of these things slow down the thyroid's ability to do its job.

The key to health is supporting healthy oxidative metabolism. Thyroid hormone is vital to this process. So are about 22 other micronutrients, the most prominent one being vitamin B1 aka thiamine because it acts as a cofactor for multiple enzymes used in the metabolic process. If you are thiamine deficient or if your thiamine function is blocked (usually by pharmaceutical drugs including many antibiotics), your mitochondria cannot make ATP and your metabolic process gets stuck in glycolosis with the end product being lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. This is known as the Warburg Effect or the cancer metabolism because it causes cancer. The cells don't have enough ATP energy to do their normal jobs so they regress back to a more primitive mode and divide and multiply.

Eating 5000 calories a day (or even 1200 calories/day) when your mitochondria can't make ATP because there is no T3 or thiamine available will not make you healthy; it will make you fat. When the body can't burn the nutrients using efficient oxidative metabolism the body shunts the nutrients into fat storage.

Last edited:

GelatinGoblin

This is right on I think. Prolonged stress states probably leave a sort of epigenetic imprinting which is very hard to reverse. In effect one would have to go above and beyond and create a truly greater environment than initially to activate and reverses those changes.
Damn... Good input

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals