Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

Amazoniac

It's always surprising to me when such barbarian approach works, I'm all for simplicity, but this one goes almost against good sense. There's a premise to it, yet one of the main goals is to normalize body temperature, however wearing heavy clothing to the point of uncomfortableness doesn't correct the issues that are supposed to be stemming from it being suboptimal.

Having commented this, I must congratulate you for the improvements and hopefully it persists.

- Pure T3 Thyroid and Stories of Recovery from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia: An Overview. - Health Rising

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Thanks @Amazoniac

This thread is not about temperature resets via bundling up though. Thanks for the link.
The principle of his approach is that some stressors supress metabolism, temperature is lower'd and the body starts to malfunction stuck in this state. He claims that many of the issues stem from the lowered temperature itself, but if this wased true, simply increasing it artificially would suffice to solve them for as long as it stayed elevated: it doesn't happen. While it's helpful to make up for the inability to energize properly, most of the time there's a real limitation getting in the way, it's not maladaptive.

Inhibition Syndrome would be more accurate since temperature is just one of the parameters and it's not about pounding t3 at all costs until it's increased.

I remember reading that he experiments with just a few things -- like selenium, herbs, etc -- before going for t3. We know that severe stress depletes resources, harms and calls for repair, and he's trying to reverse this through mere stimulation. If the person is struggling to be nourished to get out of this state, such approach is at least counterintuitive. Sure, t3 increases efficiency, but it's a stimulant after all, otherwise it would be productive to have it increased in hynerbation. You have to be very optimistic to believe in it considering that circumstances will be similar: everything that's going to be available for the body were already at disposal beforehand, so you're relying it all on the increased efficiency.

I don't mean to start a futile discussion, it's really because I'm puzzled by its (permanent) success, according to him and friends, the rate is high.

Anyway, keep us updated with your experiences, this is intriguing.

OP
ecstatichamster
Well dr. Peat has said that even with T4 and T3 you raise temperatures for six months and then you don’t need it anymore. There seems t9 be magic in driving the metabolism higher for Awhile and then maybe homeostasis does the rest.

Amazoniac

Well dr. Peat has said that even with T4 and T3 you raise temperatures for six months and then you don’t need it anymore. There seems t9 be magic in driving the metabolism higher for Awhile and then maybe homeostasis does the rest.
It doesn't require much effort to spot inconsistencies in such approach. If you take someone with deficiencies of calcium, copper, B-vitamins, cholesterol, poison A, etc, and shove down t3, how do you expect it to end up well? There's a limit to how better you become at holding onto nutrients depending on their availability, so indeed, it has to be magic.

And if you were to ask me
After all that we've been through
Still believe in magic?
Well, yes, I do

Last edited:

RePeatRePeat

Thank you very much, @ecstatichamster, for this thread. I am going to bone up on this protocol, order some Tyronene, and have at it! I gotta get my temps up once and for all!

RePeatRePeat

@ecstatichamster I began the protocol today using Tyronene. Since I don’t have sustained release I just took my temp constantly thru the day and took 1-2 drops anytime it dipped below 97.6. That’s becuz I awoke at 97.1 and the first drop took me to 97.6. When I tried to add another drop to go above that it just dropped down to 97.2. I thought small amounts spaced throughout the day would be like time release. Once when I took 2 drops just 45 min after a single drop I got a tight jaw and a head rush that was mildly unpleasant. So, I think I need one drop every hour.

How did you space your dosing and did you find the casein helped your night dosing? Thanks for the help.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster I began the protocol today using Tyronene. Since I don’t have sustained release I just took my temp constantly thru the day and took 1-2 drops anytime it dipped below 97.6. That’s becuz I awoke at 97.1 and the first drop took me to 97.6. When I tried to add another drop to go above that it just dropped down to 97.2. I thought small amounts spaced throughout the day would be like time release. Once when I took 2 drops just 45 min after a single drop I got a tight jaw and a head rush that was mildly unpleasant. So, I think I need one drop every hour.

How did you space your dosing and did you find the casein helped your night dosing? Thanks for the help.

What you should do if you are following this protocol is keep your temps where you want them, 98.6, not low thyroid hypo temperatures.

I didn’t figure out the night dose really but I dealt with it. I’m still 1/2 degree F. Hypo and I will have to do the reset once more at least to get full on but it did work. I am down to a little nibble of T3 once or twice a day and won’t be doing that much longer.

The head rush etc. is from high stress hormones. That passes for most people after a few days. Dr. Peat talked about it in one of his more recent interviews, I want to say Timpone or Jodell.

At the start, stress hormones kick in sometimes. That lowers temperatures temporarily. So you just keep increasing T3 gradually. And that passes in my experience.

Inaut

What about using red/infrared light on the thyroid to help it work better?

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster are you seeing any noticeable benefits after this temp setpoint shift? Libido, sleep, body composition etc?

huge. I went on a trip and walked 9 miles a day with zero issues, when before I would feel worn out and wouldn't be able to do this. I feel high energy and really good compared to before. It's amazing.

Spartan300

That's great to hear. It seems to me like deep sleep is everything but I feel stress hormones have been preventing this for me for quite some time. If I get decent sleep then temps come up & the rest falls into place....

OP
ecstatichamster
i was up to 170mcg a day and I did feel sometimes kind of tired. I think that the excess T3 went to T2 or T1. Stress hormones dropped after a few days so they weren't backing me up anymore.

Power through this.

Spartan300

Thanks, I'll try this again as first time my temps jumped up for 3 days & then dropped back so I quit rather than upping the dose.

RePeatRePeat

Thanks, @ecstatichamster. Yeah, I am trying to get my temp to hit 98.6 of course, but it's not coming close yet. I doubled up and took 2 drops every 2 hours today. Once my temperature did get to 98.3 but it didn't stay long. The time I used 3 drops my temp tanked. And that's with making sure I am fueled. I read Wilson't protocol in the link you posted and he does a slower ramp up than what I am doing.

The good news is that I hit 98.0 several times today, which is higher than yesterday. Other good news is that even though I have a very physically intense job I didn't feel tired at the end of my shift today. And not sore, either. AND, I didn't feel as grumpy and irritable. Progress. Thanks so much for posting your experience so that I learned it is possible - finally - to get to a normal temperature and feel good. (And even possibly get off T3.)

Elize

Is it possible to make a T3 liquid using Cynomel if so how would I do that?
Thanks
Elize

vulture

Amazing thread.
I love how @ecstatichamster is logging everything. I hope to know also how you do when you stop supplementing T3. If you do substancially better, I might be the next to try this.
My main problem is low waking temperature (97 ºF or 36ºC), but when I eat it starts to rapidly climb up to 36.5 to 37.2 ºC (sun light usually sky rockets my temp and pulse)

coatue

@ecstatichamster

How did you do the T3 Wilson protocol with cynomel or tyronene (or any T3 non sustained release)? I'm having hard time deciding how to do the protocol after reading some of the info on his webpage. Also, how do you take your temperature? I've been trying to use the thermometer that you swipe on your forehead and it doesn't get consistent accurate temperatures. Thanks for the help!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals