Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

Matt C

I know a lot of people on here advocate for aspirin use. I just saw Danny Roddy upload a video about it too. I wonder if using it in conjuction with T3 might give me the efficacy i'm after....
My temps still don't hit optimal even in the afternoon post meal

Spartan300

It really doesn't feel like T3 is for me, at least at this stage.

After a poor night's sleep the previous night following 16mcg split across 2 doses through the day I didn't take any T3 yesterday and woke 5 times last night. I guess there's a withdrawal phase to consider as our hamster friend is involved in but I didn't have the success he has had.

OP
ecstatichamster
Update:

I wake at 97.8.

Today I took 25mcg in the morning and that’s all so far. Temps were 98 - 99.2 during the day.

I think this is working but still weaning off the T3.

Matt C

Update:

I wake at 97.8.

Today I took 25mcg in the morning and that’s all so far. Temps were 98 - 99.2 during the day.

I think this is working but still weaning off the T3.
Well done Hamster.

After upping my dose my temps seem lower so i think i need to cycle off then come back on. Although i've been reading a PDf of Dr Wilson's book and he talks about increasing the dosage every 2-3 days, something i haven't done yet. need more info before i progress i think.

OP
ecstatichamster
Well done Hamster.

After upping my dose my temps seem lower so i think i need to cycle off then come back on. Although i've been reading a PDf of Dr Wilson's book and he talks about increasing the dosage every 2-3 days, something i haven't done yet. need more info before i progress i think.

YES. Keep increasing it every few days until your temps are good. That’s what I did. Eventually you will even wake up with decent temperatures. I have done so for the past week or so. What a surprise when I used to wake up in the low 96s.

Matt C

YES. Keep increasing it every few days until your temps are good. That’s what I did. Eventually you will even wake up with decent temperatures. I have done so for the past week or so. What a surprise when I used to wake up in the low 96s.

Thanks man, should probably have done more reading beforehand but I got desperate and jumped right in.
Seems like you've nailed down the protocol for yourself so i'll follow suit. Hopefully the wean off for you is a success too.

OP
ecstatichamster
For awhile you are going to relieve your thyroid of any responsibility. Your exogenous T3 will replace your thyroid’s function. Then you wean off and it should kick in much better than before.

Vinny

For awhile you are going to relieve your thyroid of any responsibility. Your exogenous T3 will replace your thyroid’s function. Then you wean off and it should kick in much better than before.
Hamster, you take T3 only, or a combo T3+T4?

Spartan300

@ecstatichamster The day after a first 8mcg dose for me I woke up with an increase of 1 deg F which lasted 3 days before dropping back to my usual 96.6 waking temp.

Did you see any instability along the way as you ramped up? This made me reluctant to continue dosing.

Spartan300

Actually the temperatures were one thing but the other that made me reluctant to continue was the disruption to already poor sleep. The third night I woke 5 times....

OP
ecstatichamster
Actually the temperatures were one thing but the other that made me reluctant to continue was the disruption to already poor sleep. The third night I woke 5 times....

Sometimes you have to power through.

Sure it’s unstable at first. And I had a few insomniac nights.

OP
ecstatichamster
Today was a cold day. Still haven’t stablized. I took 50mcg of T3 over the course of the day so far.

sweetpeat

Maybe you're weaning too fast? If I'm reading Wilson's instructions correctly, he says to reduce t3 by 7.5mcg per dose every 7-10 days. So the weaning process would take quite a bit longer than the building up process.

OP
ecstatichamster
Maybe you're weaning too fast? If I'm reading Wilson's instructions correctly, he says to reduce t3 by 7.5mcg per dose every 7-10 days. So the weaning process would take quite a bit longer than the building up process.

I think so. I am taking temps and hr and using that as a gauge. Thank you.

Cirion

I thought Ray said the thyroid gland should recover within 24 hrs from taking T3 and/or T4?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals