Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

OP
ecstatichamster
So for a few days things were fine but today woke up at 96.2 (!)

So started T3 again and will taper off more slowly...took 75mcg this morning over a few hour period. Still don’t feel great but a big improvement.

Vinny

Interesting. 12.5mcg of T3 is very very little.
Why do you think 12.5 is very little?
Isn,t that about the phisiological dose? I mean, what method you use to calculate your intake? Thanks

OP
ecstatichamster
Why do you think 12.5 is very little?
Isn,t that about the phisiological dose? I mean, what method you use to calculate your intake? Thanks

60 mcg is considered physiological.

Dr. Wilson protocol calls for gradually raising T3 to up to 170mcg per day, never getting HR over 100, and trying to get temperatures averaging 98.6F over the day.

I need 150mcg or so every day to even approach that.

Jing

Way to many people are on thyroid meds they don’t need it. It doesn’t make much sense. Eat healthy follow a good life style and detox every now and then with some intermittent fasting and you can fix hypothyroid.

here I recently posted my labs how I turned my thyroid around tremendously quickly.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/going-peaty-huge-thyroid-and-liver-success.30026/
I definitely need it, just need to fix waking up in the night when I take it.

OP
ecstatichamster
Not nearly enough people are on thyroid supplements. Probably 40% of middle aged and older people are low in thyroid but today’s stupid TSH-based medicine thinks they’re fine.

Broda Barnes treated thousands of patients and only had a handful of heart attacks amongst them, while the similar Framingham study people had hundreds of heart attacks.

Andman

Way to many people are on thyroid meds they don’t need it. It doesn’t make much sense. Eat healthy follow a good life style and detox every now and then with some intermittent fasting and you can fix hypothyroid.

here I recently posted my labs how I turned my thyroid around tremendously quickly.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/going-peaty-huge-thyroid-and-liver-success.30026/

no offense bro but you lowered your TSH points, while thats probably a step in the right direction its wildly inconclusive. what about temps/pulse etc?

also fasting for thyroid health..*cough*

RPDiciple

Dont do it, without sustained release you will just make yourself hypothyroid for the second half of the day.

Matt C

Only seeing a very small increase in temps from before starting this but im only on small doses as recommended by Dr Wilson. 12.5 mcg a day.
However I only read that it needs to be at the same time every day so i will do another week or two making sure i keep my dosage times consistent.

I still usually hit around 36.4 (97.6) during the day.

OP
ecstatichamster
Last few days I’ve been weaning off the T3. I am down to maybe 75mcg or T3 or even less.

Interestingly I woke at 97.8. First time that happened.

And I’m maintaining pretty good temps without much T3. The real proof comes when the T3 is down to zero after a few days so that the supplemental T3 has cleared the body. Then if I’m still at these temps, this method will have proven itself to me.

I may not be 98.6 but I may do another cycle to get there if necessary. I took only 25mcg of T3 5 hours ago, and my temp is 98.5F.

lampofred

@ecstatichamster Sorry, this isn't fully relevant to the thread, but I was just wondering whether your testosterone was always as high as it currently is or did it increase after Buteyko? If it was after Buteyko, how much did your CP have to go up to see the increase in testosterone?

Risingfire

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster Sorry, this isn't fully relevant to the thread, but I was just wondering whether your testosterone was always as high as it currently is or did it increase after Buteyko? If it was after Buteyko, how much did your CP have to go up to see the increase in testosterone?

I was very sick before Buteyko. I suspect my T was quite a lot lower. My CP first rose to around 25 which made me far healthier but over a year it rose to the high 30s and that was really good.

I didn’t do blood tests then though. My sex drive and other subjective measures of T were vastly improved with my improved health.

Matt C

I was very sick before Buteyko. I suspect my T was quite a lot lower. My CP first rose to around 25 which made me far healthier but over a year it rose to the high 30s and that was really good.

I didn’t do blood tests then though. My sex drive and other subjective measures of T were vastly improved with my improved health.

Sounds like the T3 cycle is going well for you mate.

How often do you do the Buteyko breathing? and does it entail simply holding your breath after exhale for as long as you comfortably can?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals