Peatarian Nutritional RDA Chart

X3CyO

Should work on making one and confirming w/ Peat himself.

Also a recommendation of which forms to consume shall be made.
:raypeatcoffee

Last edited:

Travis

OK, I'll start with the obvious.

"Essential Fatty" acids are a misnomer. There will be no RDA for them on the Peat chart.

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

Just FYI, this is just in general for the average. Everyone has individual problems that should be addressed on an individual level, but hopefully his chart will atleast level the playing field for most on figuring out what is the cause of their ailment.

Let's see:
Vitamins:
A (Amount needed in body)
-(Source+average bioavailability+ corresponding dosage)
B1
B2
B3
B5
B6
B12

C
D
E
K

Minerals:
Zinc
Selenium
Copper
Calcium
Manganese
Phosphate
Molybdenum
Chromium
Magnesium

Things that help balance minerals:
Sucrose

Maybe if there's a topic in the forum where something is covered, we could quick link to other areas of the forum confirming studies on certain forms of a vitamin, or mineral or concept, etc.. Not sure how to do at though.

This'll take a while, but I'll add what I can and I ask that other people make their own charts to share and create this "Real nutritional chart" as well.

Trying to just keep this to vitamins and minerals... But perhaps supplements, and extra can be added if this becomes a mega.

Last edited:

wesheilman

This is a great idea. I don't have much to add, but I look forward to what everyone comes up with.

I would also be interested in seeing what macronutrient ratios people have found throughout Peat.

I went through Josh Rubin's nutrition course, and he had me do 50%cal from Carbs, 25% from Protein, 25% from Fat (4/4/9 cal per 1g C/P/F). I found that to work well.

superhuman

This is a great idea. Would be cool if @haidut or some other genius could write their opinions and then make a template for cronometer so everybody can use and see how their everyday looks in terms of nutrients met.

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

It seems that so long as protein minimums are met at 10% or so, the rest can be carbohydrates. Fats, coconut in particular seems to be used best for getting rid of pufa rapidly.. Other than that, fat consumption causes me and my dad to breakout in pimples. Same goes for lots of meat for me, or obscene amounts of milk.

I still eat homemade fries over commercial, hands down. With a little lemon, sugar, and salt... Deadly

wesheilman

It seems that so long as protein minimums are met at 10% or so, the rest can be carbohydrates.

Do you mean protein being 10% of caloric intake? I have found that to be too little.

However, does it depend on the protein source? Danny Roddy has said that dairy protein causes more insulin secretion,
and therefore needs more carbs (or, eat same amount of carbs, but less protein if it's dairy).
I will often eat 35-40g of protein per meal, some dairy, but never that much if it is all dairy.

I have not had any problems with fat like you mention, except that more than ~15g per meal hinders metabolism.

RutgerD

potassium acts like insulin, so your body secretes less to use the sugars, thats why tropical fruits are good sources of energy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals