Pain In My Side From Calcium

Kartoffel

A median of varied sources is a good thing. But if we go by the value above, each (200 g) orange would provide 35 mg of Ki, and 7 of them a day could give the person 250 mg, which is 1/4 of the RDA. This is considerable, you may ask lla if you don't believe me.

It's not a median, they just use the amount of fortified juice for everything. No orange contains 43mg of Ca per 100g. I think 15-20mg is the maximum you will get from any orange, even you eat the peel. I'm not sure how or in which context this is considerable. You would have to eat 2kg of oranges to get the amount commonly found in one or two ounces of cheese. Since orange juice comes with lots of acidity and minerals like potassium and magnesium, I can't imagine how the amount of calcium might be harmful.

Amazoniac

It's not a median, they just use the amount of fortified juice for everything.
?
No orange contains 43mg of Ca per 100g. I think 15-20mg is the maximum you will get from any orange, even you eat the peel. I'm not sure how or in which context this is considerable. You would have to eat 2kg of oranges to get the amount commonly found in one or two ounces of cheese.
You mentioned before that the value of the pulp was 28 mg/100 g. I have checked the local database for 5 varieties: 35, 51, 31, 22, 34 mg.
That was conservative, you could have larger oranges with a greater content.
Since orange juice comes with lots of acidity and minerals like potassium and magnesium, I can't imagine how the amount of calcium might be harmful.
Not necessarily, some are quite sweet to the point that bicarbonate added doesn't fizz. Supplemental killcium as citrate suppresses PTH over the long term equally or better than carbonate, it's not concerning. The alkalinization when citrate is metabolized should also help to conserve it. It's the acid that's worrying.

Killcium absorption is similar to magnesium, it's maximized at low intakes, so you can underestimate how much it's possible to obtain from consumption of alternative sources throughout the day and overestimate what's obtained from dairy, in spite of the comparison being unfair. I don't think that the content of these oranges is negligible if someone consumes enough of them.

Kartoffel

You mentioned before that the value of the pulp was 28 mg/100 g. I have checked the local database for 5 varieties: 35, 51, 31, 22, 34 mg.

You have a local database that lists the calcium value of pulp? Anyway, an orange is usually 2-3g of fiber/pulp per 100g. So, it doesn't matter that much.

Not necessarily, some are quite sweet to the point that bicarbonate added doesn't fizz.

If we had any sweet orange juice like that here, I would be a happy man:cry

Amazoniac

You have a local database that lists the calcium value of pulp? Anyway, an orange is usually 2-3g of fiber/pulp per 100g. So, it doesn't matter that much.

If we had any sweet orange juice like that here, I would be a happy man:cry
They haven't specified, but it's probable.

Another way to view it..

RDAs:
Killcium: 1000 mg
Magnesium: 400 mg

Raj insists that oranges are a good source of magnesium.

100 g of orange:
Killcium: ~30 mg
Magnesium: ~10 mg

Kartoffel

They haven't specified, but it's probable.

Another way to view it..

RDAs:
Killcium: 1000 mg
Magnesium: 400 mg

Raj insists that oranges are a good source of magnesium.

100 g of orange:
Killcium: ~30 mg
Magnesium: ~10 mg

I still don't see how you would come up with that number. The peel is quite rich in calcium, true, but the peel makes up a large part of an orange's weight, and the rest is mostly liquid with 2-3% pulp. Unless a person eats whole oranges, as in with the peel, I think 10-15mg is more realistic.

Amazoniac

I still don't see how you would come up with that number. The peel is quite rich in calcium, true, but the peel makes up a large part of an orange's weight, and the rest is mostly liquid with 2-3% pulp. Unless a person eats whole oranges, as in with the peel, I think 10-15mg is more realistic.
Those are (pulp) values from the publication that you posted; they had for pulp, peel and whole.

Kartoffel

Those are (pulp) values from the publication that you posted; they had for pulp, peel and whole.

Yes, but as I said, pulp is a negligible amount of an orange, and "whole" means the entire orange with the peel.

Kartoffel

It's ~30 mg of killcium/100 g of pulp. Most being water, there are grams of sugar, some protein, citrate, etc. The minerals are encased and possibly in solution.

Ok, now I see what you mean. I didn't really look closely at the study. I don't really understand this. If it is 90% liquid, and contains the pulp plus sugars and minerals, why do they even call it pulp. It's the juice of the orange.

Amazoniac

Ok, now I see what you mean. I didn't really look closely at the study. I don't really understand this. If it is 90% liquid, and contains the pulp plus sugars and minerals, why do they even call it pulp. It's the juice of the orange.
I guess it's because of being encased and held together by a structure that prevents it from falling apart when cut, so they consider the fleshy portion of it. I suspect that this structure retains some of the minerals to explain the low content in juices, but it's fair for them to list as such because no food databases have content corrected for availability (although they have to eventually do this).

Kartoffel

I guess it's because of being encased and held together by a structure that prevents it from falling apart when cut, so they consider the fleshy portion of it. I suspect that this structure retains some of the minerals to explain the low content in juices, but it's fair for them to list as such because no food databases have content corrected for availability.

Yeah, ok, but if the pulp concentrates the minerals, including calcium, then my objection still holds, since the liquid outside the fiber structure will still have a much lower concentration of calcium, and people still don't eat the peel probably.

Amazoniac

Yeah, ok, but if the pulp concentrates the minerals, including calcium, then my objection still holds, since the liquid outside the fiber structure will still have a much lower concentration of calcium, and people still don't eat the peel probably.
The pulp is the edible part. When it's consumed, it may yield something close to broccoli here because there will be the physical (chewing/juicing) and chemical action during digestion.

Amazoniac

Have you paid attention to how fast it appears after you ingest this toxin? If it's rapid, it suggests an effect on acid-base balance or pollutants, if it's slow, may be indigestion. In tracking your urine pH, have you compared where it's at when this occurs?

In case your milch is contaminated with poison A and venom D, they are added assuming typical consumption; once you go beyond this, the toxins start to become fatal and it's worth watching out how it's affecting actual nutrients like magnesium, the trace minerals, vits. C and K, taurine, and so on.

OP
maillol

maillol

Have you paid attention to how fast it appears after you ingest this toxin? If it's rapid, it suggests an effect on acid-base balance or pollutants, if it's slow, may be indigestion. In tracking your urine pH, have you compared where it's at when this occurs?

In case your milch is contaminated with poison A and venom D, they are added assuming typical consumption; once you go beyond this, the toxins start to become fatal and it's worth watching out how it's affecting actual nutrients like magnesium, the trace minerals, vits. C and K, taurine, and so on.

My milk does not have any added vitamins. Over here in the UK I think that is much less common. I have avoided calcium the last few days and the pain has mostly gone. Interestingly my urine ph is much more acidic now, around 5.5 - 6.

Also I drank some coke on the basis of that study I posted and it did lower my urine ph.

I am going to stay off the milk for a bit longer then I might try consuming it again but in moderation.

Xisca

I also have right side pain. Apart from roquefort being my only tolerated dairy, I mainly have animal proteins and fats. So little calcium, and my pH urine is low. It can be as low as 5,5 and currently 6,2.
when the body is dealing with infection, copper is mobilised to kill pathogenic bacteria
Similar to the body's mechanism of preventing pathogens acquiring iron to aid virulence. In infectious conditions, anemia develops in the presence of high ferritin levels.

Yet when the pathogen is defeated, the body restores what has been lost without any supplementation. It increases the absorption of what has been lost. Yet if we try to supplement when infection is in progress, symptoms escalate resembling deficiency states.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Interresting because I eat a lot of meat and need it, but tend to the lower normal range of iron though not reaching anemia, AND with high ferritin showing I store iron! In htma, my hair iron is very high while my copper in the lowest of the normal range.
I don't feel ill but tired, and my symptoms all fall into the oxalate dumping category, and explain years of specific issues! Actualy oxalate even enter mitochondrias and affect the metabolism!
And the only high white cells are eosinophils.

I have avoided calcium the last few days and the pain has mostly gone. Interestingly my urine ph is much more acidic now, around 5.5 - 6.

Also I drank some coke on the basis of that study I posted and it did lower my urine ph.

I am going to stay off the milk for a bit longer then I might try consuming it again but in moderation.
Did you do a hair test to see how is your calcium and the ratios with other minerals?
That could be interesting to know!

Amazoniac

Kartoffel, you semi-god, according to the criteria below, orange shouldn't be considered a good source because when a food doesn't contain a decent amount of adsorbable killcium per serving, they account for the energy that the food provides for a given amount of killcium because you'll need to consume more of it to make a difference.

- A system to assess the quality of food sources of calcium

"[..]the following criteria [is proposed] to determine if a food should be considered to be a ‘‘good calcium source’’:
  1. A standard serving of the food should provide at least 30 mg of absorbable calcium per serving (approximately one-tenth of the total calcium most people should absorb each day).
  2. A 418 kJ (100 kcal) of the food should provide at least 30 mg of absorbable calcium. Consequently, 300 mg of absorbable calcium can be obtained from 4180 kJ (1000 kcal) (or less) of foods that meet or exceed this criterion."
It's interesting that broccoli has a great deal of fiber as well (3% compared to orange's 2%) and absorption is good nevertheless. Dosing is important (check out tables), like we was discussing, when it's low, we extract more relative to it. Part that escapes can be adsorbed with the assistance of neurons, therefore broccoli has an advantage in this aspect because of the greater soluble fiber content. It's only if calories are not a concern that they may be significant.

Last edited:

Max23

My urine is constantly at 8 pH. Calcium carbonate doesn´t cause flank pain for me but tonsil stones among other things and so does dairy. Niacin draws them out. What´s that about? Another puzzle for you.

Kartoffel

Kartoffel, you semi-god, according to the criteria below, orange shouldn't be considered a good source because when a food doesn't contain a decent amount of adsorbable killcium per serving, they account for the energy that the food provides for a given amount of killcium because you'll need to consume more of it to make a difference.

- A system to assess the quality of food sources of calcium

"[..]the following criteria [is proposed] to determine if a food should be considered to be a ‘‘good calcium source’’:
  1. A standard serving of the food should provide at least 30 mg of absorbable calcium per serving (approximately one-tenth of the total calcium most people should absorb each day).
  2. A 418 kJ (100 kcal) of the food should provide at least 30 mg of absorbable calcium. Consequently, 300 mg of absorbable calcium can be obtained from 4180 kJ (1000 kcal) (or less) of foods that meet or exceed this criterion."
It's interesting that broccoli has a great deal of fiber as well (3% compared to orange's 2%) and absorption is good nevertheless. Dosing is important (check out tables), like we was discussing, when it's low, we extract more relative to it. Part that escapes can be adsorbed with the assistance of neurons, therefore broccoli has an advantage in this aspect because of the greater soluble fiber content. It's only if calories are not a concern that they may be significant.

1. How do you know how much calcium is absorbed from natural oranges/juice. They only tested fortified OJ. What form do they add to OJ in counties that fortify?
2. I don't think their criteria are useful because the concept of servings are based on mostly stupid nutritional recommendations.
3. I highly doubt that you can accurately compare the amounts of absorbed calcium from all these foods. As they say, they just took the values from dozen of publications, and probably used different methods to measure absorbable Kalzium from animal and plant sources.

Concerning the servings. You get about 100mg of Ca from 237ml of milk (why is about 50mg higher for yoghurt?). The Ca value is about 50mg for a serving of turnip greens or brassica like broccoli. So, to get the 300mg of absorbed calcium you apparently need you would have to drink about 700ml of milk. You would have to eat about the same weight of greens or brassica. I doubt that any human being (maybe with the exception of Trabis) can eat that much highly-indigestible stuff without drastic discomfort and digestive issues. Lots of people would probably also struggle with the Milch, but I think there is a higher probability of adapting to drinking half a quart of goat's milk than it is to eat over half a kilogram of greens. Provided oranges really have 30mg of calcium, and you could absorb say 15mg of it, you would absorb your 300mg by drinking 2 quarts of it. That would be awesome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals