Calcium Acetate From Eggshell Powder

laleto12

Hi,

Calcium amount in my diet lacks considerably. I cant eat dairy in big amounts because it gives me problems.

Therefore I wanted to use eggshell powder for calcium supp. However, there is a problem with that as well, upon 3-5 secs of ingestion I get this "acid buffering" effect from the carbonate probably. I am bloated afterwards.

I've read that I can make calcium acetate from eggshell powder which should be somewhat acidid/neutrall I guess.

My question is let say I want to use 2.5 grams of eggshell powder that I have (which is very fine, like flour) that gives me roughly 1000 mg of calcium.

How much white vinegar should I use to react and make calcium acetate? When I add vinegar to eggshell there is a reaction and bubbling etc but Do I drink the vinegar afterwards and dump the Eggshell bits? Does calcium leach to vinegar liquid?

Thanks.

Oleg

Good question. I’ve tried making my own calcium acetate a while ago, but found it tasting very bad and bitter. Also, The reaction takes very long time and incomplete. So I left this idea. I wonder if anybody else tried it?

Ihor

I made calcium acetate by this recipe and got texture like cream, but it really acidic. You need to add 270 ml of 10% vinegar for 25 grams eggshell, wait some hours to dissolve and then boil it to dry water for powder condition.

Some photos:
IMG_20210204_091005.jpg

IMG_20210204_091056.jpg

Last edited: