Can too much calcium lead to fluid build up in the skin?

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Long story short:
I was in spain and got a lot of water retention in my love handles. Super tight skin. Maybe increased calcium because of vitamin D?
Then when i got back it didn't get any better until i stopped drinking goat milk. I drank around 1 liter a day.
Then i got a bit better for a week, before it stopped getting better. I wondered if i lacked calcium, and that it was the estrogen in the milk that caused it. I tried getting calcium by eating 1 eggshell, and the water in my sides came back within only a few hours. Just as bad as down in spain.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Yes. Down in Spain, and when i got home, i used HUGE amounts of magnesium oil. Some days back home i used magnesium oil on my whole body every 20 min for 2-4 hours.
I also take between 200-900 mg magnesium orally.

Peatress

Yes. Down in Spain, and when i got home, i used HUGE amounts of magnesium oil. Some days back home i used magnesium oil on my whole body every 20 min for 2-4 hours.
I also take between 200-900 mg magnesium orally.
Is the magnesium oil magnesium chloride?

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Yes, i get plenty of sodium. Between 5000-8000mg a day.
I drink OJ, coffee and coca cola. I don't drink more than those

Peatress

Well you seem to be doing all the right things. Perhaps stop all the supplements and see if that make a difference.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Ill try eating more meat to see if the extra phosphor can bind the calcium. If it gets better, then it is a very good indication that i cant have as much calcium in my diet as others

Peatress

Ill try eating more meat to see if the extra phosphor can bind the calcium. If it gets better, then it is a very good indication that i cant have as much calcium in my diet as others
It doesn't sound like you are getting too much calcium. One liter of milk is about 1000mg.

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
I agree. Still it got worse when i drank milk, and better when i didn't drink milk. And it also got worse with eggshell. Calcium is the common denominator.

Peatress

I agree. Still it got worse when i drank milk, and better when i didn't drink milk. And it also got worse with eggshell. Calcium is the common denominator.
Ok, please post your results if you manage to resolve this. I drink goats milk and eat goats cheese too and I've noticed I'm reacting negatively to the cheese lately. I'm supposed to be giving up dairy to see if that helps.

Peater

Ok, please post your results if you manage to resolve this. I drink goats milk and eat goats cheese too and I've noticed I'm reacting negatively to the cheese lately. I'm supposed to be giving up dairy to see if that helps.

"Vegetarian" microbial rennet?

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
I will

As i understood it, some people struggle with milk becouse of the small amount of estrogen in it. Not the calcium. Not normally, at least.

PopSocket

I will

As i understood it, some people struggle with milk becouse of the small amount of estrogen in it. Not the calcium. Not normally, at least.
Goat milk (you said you drink) has tiny amounts of E compared to cows milk.

cowvsgoatE.jpg

This why I also drink raw goats only from a local organic. But still get water retention that vanishes in just two days after stopping. Still not 100% sure it is the calcium or something else. Magnesium seems to help a bit but not much. Do you get water retention in the face ?

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Sounds like the same experience as i have. Magnesium helps a bit here too, but not much.
No water retention in the face. Only in my sides. My sides are like a tight sausage skin when it's at its worst. Tight and hard.

After the 400 g steak yesterday, i woke up much better today. Will continue eating 6 lamb hearts today.

Theta

Goat milk (you said you drink) has tiny amounts of E compared to cows milk.

View attachment 54704

This why I also drink raw goats only from a local organic. But still get water retention that vanishes in just two days after stopping. Still not 100% sure it is the calcium or something else. Magnesium seems to help a bit but not much. Do you get water retention in the face ?
I have been having severe water retention in my legs to the point of my right knee won't bend completely when I squat. The last thing I would think would be the goat milk I drink! I have osteoporosis and drink 2 quarts a day to get my Ca and protein. I add salt and raw honey to the goat milk also.

Any insights?

Theta

Sounds like the same experience as i have. Magnesium helps a bit here too, but not much.
No water retention in the face. Only in my sides. My sides are like a tight sausage skin when it's at its worst. Tight and hard.

After the 400 g steak yesterday, i woke up much better today. Will continue eating 6 lamb hearts today.
Could it be the phosphorous in the meat that you need? I am having severe edema in my legs. Maybe it is iron we are lacking? I have been drinking 2 quarts of milk a day with no meat. I'm having dental issues and can't chew at all. My nutrition is OJ and goat milk.

Can iron be a diuretic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals