Calcium- The Forgotten Diuretic?

Agree with you both, if consuming decent amounts of milk it’s pretty much impossible to get magnesium anywhere near calcium without supplementing it. Likewise if you lower calcium a bit to get it nearer to magnesium, you then run into excess phosphate to calcium.
According to Cronometer: For 3 quarts of milk you can drink 1 quart espresso for a 1:3 mg:ca

Peat drinks a lot of coffee so that may be the reason why he recommends it so 'easily'

Sefton10

According to Cronometer: For 3 quarts of milk you can drink 1 quart espresso for a 1:3 mg:ca

Peat drinks a lot of coffee so that may be the reason why he recommends it so 'easily'
A quart of espresso would destroy me ?

I know Peat recommends it but I doubt coffee as a magnesium source to be honest, the little mg that is in there would surely be burned up just metabolising the coffee/caffeine itself.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I have been taking extra eggshell powder in the evening. I haven’t noticed being more sleepy but overall I have more energy in the day and I am not as irritable. I do notice my urine is cloudy sometimes. I have some calcium carbonate so I might try that instead of the eggshell powder.

GAF

Update: stamina is thru the roof, for me. Just danced 5 straight nights at a very high level.

Sleep is better. To get dreams, I have to take 2 or more 1200mg.

Huge improvement. Feel bit leaner and stronger.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Update: stamina is thru the roof, for me. Just danced 5 straight nights at a very high level.

Ha, Awesome. I remember you talking positively about Pyrucet, and how that affected your dancing as well.

I have also noticed the impact on dreams. I remember more, which likely means I'm having more, and they have seemed much more positive, and vivid as well.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

isnt progesterone a diuretic?

Correct, and I also left out Caffeine. That would give us at least five, and with different mechanisms of action-

Acetazolamide- through increasing CO2 in the cell
Urea- through normalizing the cell, increasing sodium excretion from the cell, also providing more raw material for the kidneys to make urine
Calcium- By reducing PTH (and likely aldosterone as well, since they seem very dependent on each other), and providing more alkaline minerals
Progesterone- By normalizing the cell, and acting as an aldosterone antagonist
Caffeine- by lowering production of ADH, and helping to clean and heal the liver

People might be able to choose which of these they wish to use in tandem. I would think Calcium might be the best one to start with.

Dr. B

Correct, and I also left out Caffeine. That would give us at least five, and with different mechanisms of action-

Acetazolamide- through increasing CO2 in the cell
Urea- through normalizing the cell, increasing sodium excretion from the cell, also providing more raw material for the kidneys to make urine
Calcium- By reducing PTH (and likely aldosterone as well, since they seem very dependent on each other), and providing more alkaline minerals
Progesterone- By normalizing the cell, and acting as an aldosterone antagonist
Caffeine- by lowering production of ADH, and helping to clean and heal the liver

People might be able to choose which of these they wish to use in tandem. I would think Calcium might be the best one to start with.

so supplementing urea is worth it? do you use capsule form or eat it, it must taste gross?
ive heard progesterone is a cortisol/aldosterone antagonist but isnt it also a precursor for both of those? Rays said its an antagonist but he's also said in people who's adrenals are missing or not functioning properly, progesterone can help them produce all the other needed adrenal steroids...
is caffeines effect specific to caffeine, or only for coffee? i would rather supplement caffeine than have coffee. I have some nutrabio USP caffeine... maybe i should add that in again
and mate where can we get acetazolamide is that prescription only.
the increasing C02 in the cell, probably applies to a few different things like calcium, probably anything which boosts metabolism?! like protein, sugar etc

invictus

From your previous post, you took

Total of 7200 mg over the course of 17 hours, then deep, dream filled sleep. Long term poor sleep and I'm in such a desperate need of deep, restful sleep, yet have trepidations about so much calcium. The most calcium carbonate powder I've taken before bed is 2 grams, which I did for many months and without any improvement in sleep quality. But based on your experience and the abstract from 1911 using massive doses of calcium as a diuretic, maybe my fear is overblown. All the drugs I've been prescribed haven't helped and some have serious side effects.

Dr. B

From your previous post, you took

Total of 7200 mg over the course of 17 hours, then deep, dream filled sleep. Long term poor sleep and I'm in such a desperate need of deep, restful sleep, yet have trepidations about so much calcium. The most calcium carbonate powder I've taken before bed is 2 grams, which I did for many months and without any improvement in sleep quality. But based on your experience and the abstract from 1911 using massive doses of calcium as a diuretic, maybe my fear is overblown. All the drugs I've been prescribed haven't helped and some have serious side effects.
Half gallon milk can get you a good amount