When is it too much lead in a supplement?

Josh

I HAVE to take a calcium supplement as ALL (and I mean ALL) forms of dairy cause my eczema to flare up, so after trying carbonate and others, the best one I’ve found that works for me is Calcium Hydroxyaptite (MCHA) from Pure Encapsulations, which is composed of just ground bones. The bones are soaked in water prior to milling, but there is no additional treatment or extraction process from what I’ve been told by PE.

The potential lead content of it has been on my mind so I got in touch with Pure Encaps and they came with the COA and lead came back 0.16ppm, I take 2 capsules per day-spread out evenly and mixed in meals and COA states this and this was PE’s response:

“2 capsules of Pure Encapsulations MCHA can contain approximately 0.227ppm. 2 capsules would be 0.454mcg of lead, Unfortunately, calcium MCHA is notoriously high in lead, however Pure Encapsulations takes care to source the best material possible-the cows are free-range and graze freely on pesticide free grass from Australian or NZ cows. Lead is naturally present throughout the world in soil, plants and water. Cows take this up through the grass they are fed. For reference, a serving of shrimp can contain as much as 23 mcg of lead and fruits and vegetables commonly contain levels in excess of 0.5 mcg per serving”.

I’ve been taking 2 capsules a day of it, 500mg of calcium worth for 6-8 months now, do you still think its safe to do so?

Thanks

I HAVE to take a calcium supplement as ALL (and I mean ALL) forms of dairy cause my eczema to flare up, so after trying carbonate and others, the best one I’ve found that works for me is Calcium Hydroxyaptite (MCHA) from Pure Encapsulations, which is composed of just ground bones. The bones are soaked in water prior to milling, but there is no additional treatment or extraction process from what I’ve been told by PE.

The potential lead content of it has been on my mind so I got in touch with Pure Encaps and they came with the COA and lead came back 0.16ppm, I take 2 capsules per day-spread out evenly and mixed in meals and COA states this and this was PE’s response:

“2 capsules of Pure Encapsulations MCHA can contain approximately 0.227ppm. 2 capsules would be 0.454mcg of lead, Unfortunately, calcium MCHA is notoriously high in lead, however Pure Encapsulations takes care to source the best material possible-the cows are free-range and graze freely on pesticide free grass from Australian or NZ cows. Lead is naturally present throughout the world in soil, plants and water. Cows take this up through the grass they are fed. For reference, a serving of shrimp can contain as much as 23 mcg of lead and fruits and vegetables commonly contain levels in excess of 0.5 mcg per serving”.

I’ve been taking 2 capsules a day of it, 500mg of calcium worth for 6-8 months now, do you still think its safe to do so?

Thanks
I would avoid ingesting lead, but nevertheless, I would like to give you a heads up about another concern about calcium suppliments. They can create stones in the body. This happened to me when I gave up dairy for a few years and supplimented. I would rather just not get calcium than to go through that again. Since "Peating" and adding back in dairy and ditching the suppliments 5 years ago I have never had another one. My son has dealt with eczema for 15 years and is clear right now. Nothing has helped him except changing his bedding and clothing to cotton and doing a very cold rinse at the end if his shower. Of course ditching the PUFA's and ridding himself of estrogen laden foods like soy, and any animal products, including meats, that is not grass fed was key too. I feel for you Josh, cause it is miserable!

OP
J

Josh

I would avoid ingesting lead, but nevertheless, I would like to give you a heads up about another concern about calcium suppliments. They can create stones in the body. This happened to me when I gave up dairy for a few years and supplimented. I would rather just not get calcium than to go through that again. Since "Peating" and adding back in dairy and ditching the suppliments 5 years ago I have never had another one. My son has dealt with eczema for 15 years and is clear right now. Nothing has helped him except changing his bedding and clothing to cotton and doing a very cold rinse at the end if his shower. Of course ditching the PUFA's and ridding himself of estrogen laden foods like soy, and any animal products, including meats, that is not grass fed was key too. I feel for you Josh, cause it is miserable!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it's definitely something I've been thinking about, although I think it depends on the type of calcium supplement you consume and how you consume, the Calcium MCHA I've been taking is derived from animal bones, therefore being quite close to a natural whole food, I also only consume small amounts mixed in with meals at different times of the day, this mimics how natural calcium would be consumed if one was for example, to drink milk.

I think it's more of an issue if you take 500mg of calcium in one go, separate to meals, that is completely not natural

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it's definitely something I've been thinking about, although I think it depends on the type of calcium supplement you consume and how you consume, the Calcium MCHA I've been taking is derived from animal bones, therefore being quite close to a natural whole food, I also only consume small amounts mixed in with meals at different times of the day, this mimics how natural calcium would be consumed if one was for example, to drink milk.

I think it's more of an issue if you take 500mg of calcium in one go, separate to meals, that is completely not natural
Sounds like you got this :)

akgrrrl

One of the biggest sources of lead by which Americans ingest lead is cheap ceramic dishes.
The glaze over colors allows leaching after it is compromised by chips, cracks, and fine crazing by dishwasher high heat and detergents. I have a girlfriend undergoing 3x a week chelation and total diet change as her lead levels were alarmingly high. She thought she was declining into dementia.

One of the biggest sources of lead by which Americans ingest lead is cheap ceramic dishes.
The glaze over colors allows leaching after it is compromised by chips, cracks, and fine crazing by dishwasher high heat and detergents. I have a girlfriend undergoing 3x a week chelation and total diet change as her lead levels were alarmingly high. She thought she was declining into dementia.
Oh my gosh! I am gonna screenshot what you just said and pass it ion!

Dr. B

Thanks
which dairy products have you tried mate?
you may want to use ancestral supplements living bone? its actual pure bone, but from new zealand cows, supposedly much cleaner than american ones.
if youre in the US, cheese, yogurt, milk all have their own issues. like fortified vitamins added, not grass fed, not A2, homogenized, not organic, cheese has toxic enzymes/non animal rennet used

akgrrrl

you may want to use ancestral supplements living bone? its actual pure bone, but from new zealand cows, supposedly much cleaner than american ones.
if youre in the US, cheese, yogurt, milk all have their own issues. like fortified vitamins added, not grass fed, not A2, homogenized, not organic, cheese has toxic enzymes/non animal rennet used
Mr Bollox so many ppl are chelating for heavy metals these days. I wonder if you might be willing to extrapolate the decades of ppl eating off cheap glazed ceramic dishes from China along with vits? I know a naturopath that has diagnosed many, and unable to cite sources. One of his patients that I know personally is a 100% vigilant eater, has tested their water, her vits, but wont consider that crazing of dishes by hot dishwasher water, heating element and detergent is allowing chronic lead leaching from colored plates bowls and mugs.

Dr. B

Mr Bollox so many ppl are chelating for heavy metals these days. I wonder if you might be willing to extrapolate the decades of ppl eating off cheap glazed ceramic dishes from China along with vits? I know a naturopath that has diagnosed many, and unable to cite sources. One of his patients that I know personally is a 100% vigilant eater, has tested their water, her vits, but wont consider that crazing of dishes by hot dishwasher water, heating element and detergent is allowing chronic lead leaching from colored plates bowls and mugs.
yeah if the paint/colors have metals those could leech over time. Actually with a lot of the Peat diet you don't even need to be washing dishes as much. a half gallon milk can be bought in its own bottle. same for coconut water, orange juice. just drink those out of the original bottle. liver and oysters can be eaten in their own containers. now liver needs some cooking but even that isnt needed if you get the liver freeze dried supplements. i dont think there is any such thing as safe water, unless its a very remote source untouched by civilization. those other fruit juices/milks provide enough fluid. vitamin supplements have issues of their own... even without the impurities they could be creating an imbalance. i normally can eat pounds of dairy or yogurt etc but when i used zinc/niacin/niacinamide supplements for too long (in very low, conservative doses like 10mg zinc, 60mg niacinamide, 60mg niacin) i would get runny nose and histamine symptoms from eating ricotta cheese or cottage cheese or yogurt or even some spices etc

akgrrrl

yeah if the paint/colors have metals those could leech over time. Actually with a lot of the Peat diet you don't even need to be washing dishes as much. a half gallon milk can be bought in its own bottle. same for coconut water, orange juice. just drink those out of the original bottle. liver and oysters can be eaten in their own containers. now liver needs some cooking but even that isnt needed if you get the liver freeze dried supplements. i dont think there is any such thing as safe water, unless its a very remote source untouched by civilization. those other fruit juices/milks provide enough fluid. vitamin supplements have issues of their own... even without the impurities they could be creating an imbalance. i normally can eat pounds of dairy or yogurt etc but when i used zinc/niacin/niacinamide supplements for too long (in very low, conservative doses like 10mg zinc, 60mg niacinamide, 60mg niacin) i would get runny nose and histamine symptoms from eating ricotta cheese or cottage cheese or yogurt or even some spices etc
Thanks. Sounds like your uber-sensitivity made you aware of such things. Even if I didnt have my own well that taps running melt glaciers, here is a sturdy standby available in LOCAL owned store. Sturdy bottle too.

Attachments

• 20210716_134542.jpg
    20210716_134542.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210716_134359.jpg
    20210716_134359.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 13

Dr. B

Thanks. Sounds like your uber-sensitivity made you aware of such things. Even if I didnt have my own well that taps running melt glaciers, here is a sturdy standby available in LOCAL owned store. Sturdy bottle too.
i actually dont personally get reactions or issues from cheeses, fluoridated water, all those things. its more of just a belief and attempt to be healthier, and things ive read. ive known and met many people who have had issues with dairy though. likely because of all the processing, things cows are fed, added vitamins etc

water looks interesting, is it expensive. and i wonder if there's even any need if youre having organic milk, OJ, coconut water

OP
J

Josh

At this point in time i'vehonestly tried every single form of dairy you can possibly think of, like no exaggeration, I could name them all I just can't be bothered. I've really tried my best to get used to it, but even the last form I tried: RAW Organic A2, grass fed dairy, with cows completely soya free etc..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals