How much calcium is too little?

serling78

Wondering how much calcium is the minimum I can get away with without doing myself harm. Firstly, I'm lactose intolerant so I have no dairy other than lactose free milk. Even with that I feel some stomach discomfort and anecdotally lowered libido (I've read lactic acid is bad for libido but don't know if that's true). I used to drink a couple cups a day but now I have less than a cup, just enough to go into my morning shake.

Beyond milk I have tried calcium supplements along with other sources like stinging nettle tea. Any of those things cause me horrible constipation. And it's not just the brand/form when it come to supplements. I tried a wide variety.

So basically I have a bad relationship with calcium, but I know my body needs it. I'm not sure what to do next.

Sila

2 TBSP of blackstrap molasses

Screenshot_20210308-132227.jpg

Last edited:

Cloudhands

I think adequate vitamin D, vitamin K, and magnesium are required for calcium pathways to function properly and prevent constipation. How much calcium you need is relavent to phosphorus, but id say minimum 1500 mg a day, with phos on the low side, but idk how youd do that and get enough protein. Have u tried a2 dairy?

OP
S

serling78

Giving the blackstrap molasses a try first since I happen to have some. Haven't heard of a2 dairy. I'll look into it.

DrJ

My Vitamin D is 30 and I also don’t eat or drink Dairy as am lactose intolerant
That's pretty low. If you want to get along on less calcium for whatever reason then increase your vitamin D.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals