Overdosing Progest-E To Simulate Epidural Effect

PakPik

I now live in a country where the poorer populations survive on rice beans and plantains and have seemingly healthy children.
That sounds like the standard menu in my country :) , and yes healthy children usually. Thank you for your inspiring story, and really cool you had good pregnancies.

I don't think I got to 3.5L but will get there
By all means, don't get dehydrated :) and keep the calories, the minerals and the protein coming :)

Love, kisses and hugs from my baby and me!☺️
Thank you! You too :)

chelle86

I know I'm kind of coming into this converstation late, but I thought I'd share our experience with Progest E as it relates to a 'numbing' effect.
In dealing with seizure activity in my daughter, I had researched the use of progesterone as a calming agent when used in higher doses at the onset of seizures. My daughter had suffered with petite mal seizures and then grand mal's during her cycle, so we thought we would put the theory to the test. She was on progesterone to balance out her off the chart estrogen dominance. During one particular day of seizure activity, we followed Ray's suggestion of upping the progesterone by adding little bits at a time throughout the day - it was crazy! Her seizure activity would kick in, we would give her 20 mg, and we would watch the seizures die back down. After repeatedly doing this throughout the day, at the activation of each seizure episode, she did experience 'euphoria' and was acting 'high', but the seizures were at bay. This worked the first time or two that she had a bad seizure day, but the 'high' was only the first time we did this.
We have since been able to reverse her seizure activities with a combination of progest-e and dietary changes, but thought I would share our experience with the 'epidural' effect.

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Interesting. I emailed Peat about using high doses of progesterone during labor-- he said as long as thyroid levels are healthy it should be fine- and very helpful!

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Actually, here's what he said specifically:

RP: A friend, whose doctor gave her progesterone during her second pregnancy, said the baby “just popped out.” Katharina Dalton wrote about her experience using progesterone during pregnancy. When it’s used along with good nutrition and good thyroid function, I think it prevents childbirth pain. I’ve heard it described as a “chemical midwife.” Labor consumes a lot of glucose, and is likely to deplete glycogen stores if it’s prolonged, so I suspect that the main effect of dates is to prevent hypoglycemia. They contain some serotonin, which can increase uterine contraction. Hypoglycemia increases adrenaline, and adrenaline can cause uterine inertia, increasing the risk of hemorrhage, so I think any good source of sugar, such as fruit juice, is protective during labor.

But I guess he doesn't mention it's use during labor specifically- I think I will slowly taper off my progest-e use and start using it again AFTER my baby is born (to help with the postpartum time).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals