I'm A Guy Who Needs Advice For Progesterone And B1 & Niacinamide

TreasureVibe

Hi everyone. I'm a 23 male. I want to start using progesterone for health, and I am wondering, do I have to use a very high dose first before starting to counter conversion to estrogen, and if yes how much should I be taking?

Also I need advice on B1 and niacinamide.

I want to take B1 as an anti-cancer measure, how much would I have to take?

And I have 250 mg niacinamide capsules which I also want to take as an anti-cancer measure, can I take 250mg at once for a couple of weeks for anti-cancer measures or is this too high? Any risks with high dose of niacinamide or B1?

I am also using androsterone, Kuinone and vitamin D, daily. I also want know, can Kuinone which contains ethanol, be taken orally?

Reason why I am asking about the beginning dose for progesterone is, years ago I bought Progest-E and it came with a paper with the following instructions:

It is recommended that nearly everyone should begin with the high dose directions for 10 days to avoid complications (as low thyroid, high estrogen situations require a high initial dose to avoid progesterone reverting to estrogen).

Source: https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/progest-e-instructions/

I've seen it discussed a couple of times before here on the forums, but not clear information for guys. I hope someone knows more. Maybe someone has asked Dr. Peat before? It is his product, as far as I aware.

Also what can one do to boost liver health?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

So I started 10 mg progesterone 5 mg androsterone but I realize now that progesterone will pull estrogen out of the cells. What happens if this happens while you are hypothyroid? Will the liver still get rid of it so you can pee it out?

My chest seem to really become soft like a balloon with nothing in it, really fascinating. Possibly had major gynecomastia there.

Energizer

I've experimented with progesterone as well, for normal use, I would use lower doses, only a few mg, once you start getting into higher doses, progesterone can antagonize testosterone. If you just want to lower estrogen a thyroid supplement would be much more effective for that purpose but will require monitoring the dosage for its effects on pulse / temps. With b1, 100mg or so I've found helpful, several times a day. For niacinimide, you could try 50mg at a time. I've experimented with higher doses but I don't see much point going over 1.5g per day. I'm not sure what the doses would be for preventative measures, you could email Peat and ask him about that. Nothing happens with progesterone at those doses if you're burdened with estrogen usually, however it's good to be cautious with progesterone if you have a goiter as it can cause a person to become temporarily hyperthyroid (though this usually occurs in higher doses, 100mg+).

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I've experimented with progesterone as well, for normal use, I would use lower doses, only a few mg, once you start getting into higher doses, progesterone can antagonize testosterone. If you just want to lower estrogen a thyroid supplement would be much more effective for that purpose but will require monitoring the dosage for its effects on pulse / temps. With b1, 100mg or so I've found helpful, several times a day. For niacinimide, you could try 50mg at a time. I've experimented with higher doses but I don't see much point going over 1.5g per day. I'm not sure what the doses would be for preventative measures, you could email Peat and ask him about that. Nothing happens with progesterone at those doses if you're burdened with estrogen usually, however it's good to be cautious with progesterone if you have a goiter as it can cause a person to become temporarily hyperthyroid (though this usually occurs in higher doses, 100mg+).
Thanks! Do you know however if the liver will get rid of the estrogen with that progesterone dose while possibly a bit hypothyroid? And what does it mean that I feel my thyroid enlarging a bit (not that much) and that I have the sensation of a lump in my throat? Is that hyperthyroidism or is that unrelated to that?

Energizer

Thanks! Do you know however if the liver will get rid of the estrogen with that progesterone dose while possibly a bit hypothyroid? And what does it mean that I feel my thyroid enlarging a bit (not that much) and that I have the sensation of a lump in my throat? Is that hyperthyroidism or is that unrelated to that?

I doubt it because that is a small dose. Getting 100g of protein per day as well has helped me with estrogen dominance. Most likely that is a goiter from hypothyroidism but I'm not sure. I had a lump as well and it went away when I started supplementing thyroid.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I doubt it because that is a small dose. Getting 100g of protein per day as well has helped me with estrogen dominance. Most likely that is a goiter from hypothyroidism but I'm not sure. I had a lump as well and it went away when I started supplementing thyroid.
Thanks! What's a good thyroid supplement? And can thyroid actually fix hypothyroidism? And what's a good source for getting that 100g protein?

Energizer

Thanks! What's a good thyroid supplement? And can thyroid actually fix hypothyroidism? And what's a good source for getting that 100g protein?

I prefer Cynoplus and Cynomel. Yes if good nutrition is applied some are able to reduce their thyroid. Milk, cheese, gelatin. I drink nearly a gallon of milk per day, but if you prefer more solid protein, making your own cheese I've heard is pretty good for protein (farmer's cheese). The hard cheeses usually have higher calcium to phosphorous ratio so are ideal as well. White button mushrooms are a good source of protein in bulk too and nutritious. I think Mittr posted a recipe for farmer's cheese a while back. Some people also make gelatinous broths or use gelatin powder. I don't digest powdered gelatin well, so I just try to get most of my protein from dairy, eggs, and occasional ground beef / liver.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I prefer Cynoplus and Cynomel. Yes if good nutrition is applied some are able to reduce their thyroid. Milk, cheese, gelatin. I drink nearly a gallon of milk per day, but if you prefer more solid protein, making your own cheese I've heard is pretty good for protein (farmer's cheese). The hard cheeses usually have higher calcium to phosphorous ratio so are ideal as well. White button mushrooms are a good source of protein in bulk too and nutritious. I think Mittr posted a recipe for farmer's cheese a while back. Some people also make gelatinous broths or use gelatin powder. I don't digest powdered gelatin well, so I just try to get most of my protein from dairy, eggs, and occasional ground beef / liver.
Thanks! I see Cynomel and Cynoplus are Rx drugs, would desiccated thyroid work just as well in your opinion?

I have a bottle of powdered liver beef from Nutricology here at home, but everytime I take it, it feels like my liver gets a punch and then gets blocked. It's very strange, I thought it would help in aiding the liver's function but it apparently only burdens it! Can this be right and what should I do with an overburdened liver? Again thyroid supplementation? I am really excited to see if that could help.

I'm not hungry at all through the day, I am not obese or fat, slight thinnish, what could that mean?

Energizer

Thanks! I see Cynomel and Cynoplus are Rx drugs, would desiccated thyroid work just as well in your opinion?

I have a bottle of powdered liver beef from Nutricology here at home, but everytime I take it, it feels like my liver gets a punch and then gets blocked. It's very strange, I thought it would help in aiding the liver's function but it apparently only burdens it! Can this be right and what should I do with an overburdened liver? Again thyroid supplementation? I am really excited to see if that could help.

I'm not hungry at all through the day, I am not obese or fat, slight thinnish, what could that mean?

Dessicated thyroid works just as well if you get a good brand (WP Thyroid is the one I've used), but I prefer having synthetic T3 as well because a higher ratio of T3:T4 promotes clearer thinking. Beef liver powder I haven't tried. Basically all of the foods which are nutrient dense should help (raw carrot, ripe fruits, cheese, milk, gelatin, shellfish, etc). I can't comment on the powder because I just eat regular liver never tried powder form, but it's good to be cautious about overdoing liver if you're already hypo, since too much liver can suppress thyroid. Yes thyroid supplementation has been the single most helpful thing for me personally, it can be difficult just with diet to overcome a metabolic slump for some who have been in that position for so long. It might be easier to regulate how much liver your'e getting if you can stomach eating regular liver. I've heard grass fed liver tastes better but I have yet to try it (I still have been eating the horrible supermarket kind).

Johnniboy123

Best advice i can give you mate, other than what everyone else has recommended, is to make sure you get adequate Magnesium. It's levels in the body are closely related to progesterone AND it is needed for the creation ALL proteins.