Oregano oil causing heart palpitations

fatmaaaa16

Hi All,

I have been taking 1 capsule of oregano oil, Holland and Barrett brand which has 25mg Oregano extract per capsule.

It’s the main and strongest supplement that has completely gotten rid of my stomach issues, which were severe and tried millions of supplements to cure and only oregano oil truly worked.

Now the issue is it seems that straight after taking that one capsule, I seem to get very strong and irregular, kind of scary heart beats. Irregular, feels like it’s bouncing around, and skips a few beats. It’s quite scary but it does pass in an hour or so. I don’t know what to do as I didn’t have this at all at first with them, and I tried to skip it and my digestion becomes bad again.

Does anyone happen to know the cause of this? Allergy? Is it dangerous? Can I just ignore it?

T3 helps my digestion too, but also it causes the heart stuff even at 1 mcg. Not as bad though, but I thought it’s best to stick with oregano rather than T3 as it’s more effective for my digestion.

I think I have an adrenal issue, maybe that’s the cause of T3 causing heart issues. I ordered some grass fed new zealend adrenals coming tomorrow. Will see if it helps.

But if anyone has any advice, or can explain why this is happening, would be great.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Calm yourself. Many people have palpitations and in the very large majority, it is not a serious issue.

Anything that messes with my gut microbiome seems to trigger palpitations for me too. Oregano has helped my tummy issues in the past as well.

I don't know how to fully help you, but I can tell you that the following helped, both GI issues and palpitations:

High dose vitamin D
B Complex
Thyroid (Tyromax)

Best of luck.

"Oregano contains another compound, thymol, which may lead to cardiac and respiratory collapse. The compound may also lead to central hyperactivity, convulsions, and even coma. Though these effects are rare, it is important you be aware of them."

Lollipop2

I don’t think it is meant to used every day more like a treatment-a few days until better and stop.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Calm yourself. Many people have palpitations and in the very large majority, it is not a serious issue.

Anything that messes with my gut microbiome seems to trigger palpitations for me too. Oregano has helped my tummy issues in the past as well.

I don't know how to fully help you, but I can tell you that the following helped, both GI issues and palpitations:

High dose vitamin D
B Complex
Thyroid (Tyromax)

Best of luck.
I take all these already, but COQ10 was the game changer. Started taking high dose COQ10 like 1000-2000 mg a day and not a single heart issue since :).

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

"Oregano contains another compound, thymol, which may lead to cardiac and respiratory collapse. The compound may also lead to central hyperactivity, convulsions, and even coma. Though these effects are rare, it is important you be aware of them."

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Of course this is never mentioned anywhere on the bottle of oregano capsules.

Seems it’s super strong stuff but it does alleviate my stomach issues. COQ10 got rid of all my heart problems and hoping it continues doing so.

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Of course this is never mentioned anywhere on the bottle of oregano capsules.

Seems it’s super strong stuff but it does alleviate my stomach issues. COQ10 got rid of all my heart problems and hoping it continues doing so.
I have a bottle in my cabinet too, but after I bought it and did some more research on it, just to be sure, I was too scared to have my husband use it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals