Oral Progesterone Increases Testosterone And DHT

Agent207

Great Haidut; maybe I should have said that it decreases the 5-AR activity from producing too much DHT rather than the overall enzyme activity. This makes sense since less serum progesterone (aging) more 5-AR available for the rest of substrates, being testosterone one of the largest.

There's certainly an imbalance on dht and estrogen levels as aging advances that seems to play a role on both BPH and MPB, and Im just trying to understand how progesterone fits in the puzzle.

Last edited:

James_001

In my own experience, no matter how high testosterone goes it doesn't have the expected benefit if estrogen goes up in your tissues. Conversely, it helps enormously to reduce estrogen in the tissues while simply keeping testosterone the same.

Estrogen is flushed out of the tissues effectively with Progest-E. I do three drops every ninety minutes, since well-dissolved progesterone is metaboiized very quickly. Apart from that, I just need a little DHEA dust, less than a milligram, and similarly tiny amounts of testosterone dissolved in Vitamin E and applied to thin skin membranes such as the scrotum or vagina. I also swallow microgram amounts of T3, and take small doses of niacinamide throughout the day.

Ray Peat said this in email:

Are you a male? How long did it take you to flush estrogen from your tissues?

James_001

In my own experience, no matter how high testosterone goes it doesn't have the expected benefit if estrogen goes up in your tissues. Conversely, it helps enormously to reduce estrogen in the tissues while simply keeping testosterone the same.

Estrogen is flushed out of the tissues effectively with Progest-E. I do three drops every ninety minutes, since well-dissolved progesterone is metaboiized very quickly. Apart from that, I just need a little DHEA dust, less than a milligram, and similarly tiny amounts of testosterone dissolved in Vitamin E and applied to thin skin membranes such as the scrotum or vagina. I also swallow microgram amounts of T3, and take small doses of niacinamide throughout the day.

Ray Peat said this in email:

What is your dose of tesostrone?

Sol Invictus

This would explain the sudden growth of ear hair while taking progesterone. Even if progesterone increased my T and DHT it did nothing for the muscle. Too be honest at first it did give me drive and motivation to lift, but this was soon replaced with high heart rate, breathlessness, quick fatigue, sweating and lethargy. It also gave me adrenal fatigue symptoms, weight gain, and made me feel dehydrated.

Could it have increased estrogen as well? According to this article it can:

High Progesterone Levels in Men

It makes reference to another article about the use of progestins and their side effects, but after my experience with progest-e I can say that its just as bad in terms of negative side effects if you take too much. I got about 15 of the negative symptoms while on progest-e.

Progestin (Oral Route, Parenteral Route, Vaginal Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic

Last edited:

TubZy

Can progestene be taken orally? Or it should yield the same effects as this study since the progestene has dmso?

TubZy

What happens if one administered 100-200mg of oral progesterone along with DHEA at the same time? Would the androgenic results be more prominent? Anyone try this before

Progesterone

If I'm reading the study correctly it says t levels increased when measured 6-8 hours after using. Was this just a one time thing? My personal experience with progesterone was mind blowing after those first initial doses. These results diminished drastically in me over time. After a month or so I had my t level checked and it was super low. I wonder how these results in mice would look after a month using progesterone.

Thanks for your post.

In terms of hair loss, did you notice it making your hair better or worse?

Progesterone

Can progestene be taken orally? Or it should yield the same effects as this study since the progestene has dmso?

FWIW, I use HealthNatura progesterone (mixed with vit E and MCT oil).

I use it mainly under tongue now, and on lips.

It works much stronger this way vs using on balls/etc, because I will notice a strong sedative effect.

PR also said topically it's 20% vs 90% absorption for oral/gums route.

To answer your question about the progesterone w/ DMSO, I have no idea, sorry.

Progesterone

Women do not seem to get the androgenic side effects unless their adrenals are not working (Addison disease) in which case some of the progesterone will turn into androgens. This study is for males mostly.

haidut, do you view progesterone as being beneficial for MPB, or harmful?

I know someone reported great results with your Pansterone product... which seems so counter intuitive to the narrative of DHT=hairloss in those susceptible.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, do you view progesterone as being beneficial for MPB, or harmful?

I know someone reported great results with your Pansterone product... which seems so counter intuitive to the narrative of DHT=hairloss in those susceptible.

Progesterone is helpful for MPB. Topical probably works best. Topical anhistamines like Benadryl or cyproheptadine should also help.

Progesterone

Not sure if you've seen this quote;

"As I mentioned in another post, excessive reductive stress which manifests most strongly on the scalp and gonads. People with MPB often have lower serum levels of androgens. In the state of such reductive stress, steroids like DHEA and pyruvate are used as emergency oxidants and generate harmful byproducts, which accelerate hair loss. But a lot of the initial hair loss is due to suboptimal metabolism. I think topical ATP can be even better than T3 and other similar substances for regrowing hair." - Haidut Is Facial Hair A Sign Of Poor Health?

Thanks.

So that would explain why someone got great hair results by using Progestene on his testicles (progesterone+dhea)..

TubZy

Has anyone been able to get/try topical ATP. I can only find ATP on chemical sites, but I found precursors like creatine, d-ribose etc.

CoconutEffect

Progesterone is helpful for MPB. Topical probably works best. Topical anhistamines like Benadryl or cyproheptadine should also help.
Can Progestene or your Cyprohetadine product be added to Solban, at how many drops? Moreover, what would you consider the ultimate potentianted Solban formulation for hair growth. I curenrly have some Tyronene in mine

TubZy

Can Progestene or your Cyprohetadine product be added to Solban, at how many drops? Moreover, what would you consider the ultimate potentianted Solban formulation for hair growth. I curenrly have some Tyronene in mine

X2, or just add ATP to solban. It will fit the narrative of being good for skin and hair too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
X2, or just add ATP to solban. It will fit the narrative of being good for skin and hair too.

Inosine is the best precursor for ATP. In pigs it is the primary source of ATP for red blood cells. The issues has not been studied in humans so much but given the use of inosine by so many Eastern Block countries (which continues to this day) for athletic performance, suggests that indeed it can replenish ATP levels. The in vitro human studies show that this usually happens under stressful conditions, so not much data on how much inosine will convert into ATP in normal conditions. But it is cheap and safe to try.

You may be able to add cyproheptadine. Progestene is a lipophillic steroid and will precipitate when added to SolBan.

TubZy

Inosine is the best precursor for ATP. In pigs it is the primary source of ATP for red blood cells. The issues has not been studied in humans so much but given the use of inosine by so many Eastern Block countries (which continues to this day) for athletic performance, suggests that indeed it can replenish ATP levels. The in vitro human studies show that this usually happens under stressful conditions, so not much data on how much inosine will convert into ATP in normal conditions. But it is cheap and safe to try.

You may be able to add cyproheptadine. Progestene is a lipophillic steroid and will precipitate when added to SolBan.

Thanks dude...I found a source here Amazon.com: Anabol Naturals Inosine Pure Powder, 50 gms: Health & Personal Care

You mention in "stress" conditions, well wouldn't an MPB scalp be in a "stress" condition technically?

It looks like it is soluble in water I believe, so shouldn't be a b**** to make a topical solution. A group of us should try it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks dude...I found a source here Amazon.com: Anabol Naturals Inosine Pure Powder, 50 gms: Health & Personal Care

You mention in "stress" conditions, well wouldn't an MPB scalp be in a "stress" condition technically?

It looks like it is soluble in water I believe, so shouldn't be a b**** to make a topical solution. A group of us should try it.

Well, yes MPB could be defined as stress condition but the studied testing inosine conversion to ATP all used hypoxia, ischemia, sepsis, etc as models. So, I don't know if it will always raise ATP or just in those conditions when ATP is severely lacking.

meatbag

Haidut, are you still considering ATP supp?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals