Oral Progesterone Increases Testosterone And DHT

johnwester130

Should men be worried about feminisation ?

Should they take progesterone with DHT/or androsterone ?

TubZy

Should men be worried about feminisation ?

Should they take progesterone with DHT/or androsterone ?

When I tried progesterone alone after a few days I got anti androgenic type sides (puffy stomach/chest, loose muscle) this time around I added in 5mg of dhea whenever I take progesterone and my libido goes up. It feels similar to high dose preg but more relaxed and euphoric I guess you could say, but with the libido increase. I also sleep like a rock which is the one reason I like prog over 5a-dhp meaning I can use it at any time of the night and can go to sleep easily.

OP
haidut

haidut

Haidut, are you still considering ATP supp? It looks really expensive and difficult to synthesis :(

No, not at the moment. The main reason is poor solubility, not so much the cost.

Progesterone

No, not at the moment. The main reason is poor solubility, not so much the cost.

haidut, question for you sir:

Would there be any major differences from using a product such as HealthNatura Progesterone (progesterone+vit-E oil+MCT oil) and putting 100mg into a Gelatin capsule and swallowing.

VS

Using big pharmacy natural oral progesterone's 100mg capsules?

Here's what is in Utrogestan (aside from obviously Progesterone 100mg)

6.1 List of excipients:

Sunflower oil, refined

Soya lecithin

Gelatin

Glycerol

Titanium dioxide

Wagner83

Would there be any major differences from using a product such as HealthNatura Progesterone (progesterone+vit-E oil+MCT oil) and putting 100mg into a Gelatin capsule and swallowing.

VS

6.1 List of excipients:

Sunflower oil, refined

Soya lecithin

Gelatin

Glycerol

Titanium dioxide
Titanium Dioxide Is Toxic And Pro-diabetic

+ the safflower oil and soya lecithin.

OP
haidut

haidut

VS

6.1 List of excipients:

Sunflower oil, refined

Soya lecithin

Gelatin

Glycerol

Titanium dioxide

You should probably ask NealthNatura that question.

tomisonbottom

To update on my experiment, I just took 100 mg of USP grade progesterone sublingually, which hasn't really had much of an effect beyond that brought on by pregnenolone; a calming and stress-killing wave of relaxation

UPDATE: I took about 500 mg of progesterone about an hour after the first dose, and I experienced a deep wave of relaxation as before, but to a far greater extent, much like pregnenolone. The relaxation was so powerful (not benzo-like however) that it produced some degree of anxiety, oddly enough. I enjoyed the experience, but I did not experience an incredible boost in libido or anything similar, but I may need to take an extended dose for a certain period of time.

I'm curious to know if the supplementation of progesterone or pregnenolone hampers natural production to any degree, such as is the case with excess DHEA (above 15-20 mg per day,) T3 (above 4 mcg per hour,) and testosterone (any amount to my knowledge.)

So am I missing something....isn't 500mg a HUGE DOSE? Because progest-E is 3 mg per drop, so that's like 175 drops worth. I'm curious What kinda of progesterons did you use because it must have been a powder form to take that much.

Mountain

So am I missing something....isn't 500mg a HUGE DOSE? Because progest-E is 3 mg per drop, so that's like 175 drops worth. I'm curious What kinda of progesterons did you use because it must have been a powder form to take that much.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was in a herb doctor interview that Ray said he took about 1000mg and basically couldn't feel his legs and didn't know where he was. I can't remember the exact quote or episode, so I could be entirely wrong though.

DaveFoster

It wasn't at all absorbed properly. I would be knocked out. Maybe it had 10% absorption.

Squatrat

Theres no way this study carries over to humans. Men have tried high doses of Progest and it almost always leads to feminization/anti-anabolic side effects. Plus where are you going to source 600mg of Progest per/day? Thats like a whole bottle of Progest-E.

Squatrat

So we may say that there is a limit to use it therapeutically? OK, I agree. What is this limit? [Speaking in a general way]

If we use therapeutical dose, like 100 or 200 mg/day, that ´s the consequence?

I have personally taken about 100mg of Progest per day and it was a disaster. I have seen very few real world examples of men benefiting from Progest supplementation above 10mg per day and the most they take is 50mg per day.

So why we study rats?
If youre so confident take the amount of Progest that I did for a month or 2 and see what happens. I can guarantee you you wont turn into a Superman like the rats did.

Last edited:

gbolduev

LOL, progesterone will kill testosterone. Single usage usually tried in these studies is just ridiculous crap. Progesterone taken on the regular basis will kill your 3 beta hsd, there will be no testosterone and no dht.

Rand56

LOL, progesterone will kill testosterone. Single usage usually tried in these studies is just ridiculous crap. Progesterone taken on the regular basis will kill your 3 beta hsd, there will be no testosterone and no dht.

So then what are your thoughts on pregnenalone, since it can convert to progesterone? If one opted to take preg, would you suggest to only take a very low dosage of it?

gbolduev

So then what are your thoughts on pregnenalone, since it can convert to progesterone? If one opted to take preg, would you suggest to only take a very low dosage of it?

Pregnenolone will only convert to progesterone with 3 beta hsd. if body needs progesterone , pregnenolone will be converted . it is just a building material, and it wont convert into progesterone excessively unless you have zinc overload.

B

Braveheart

Pregnenolone will only convert to progesterone with 3 beta hsd. if body needs progesterone , pregnenolone will be converted . it is just a building material, and it wont convert into progesterone excessively unless you have zinc overload.
thanks for this....

firebreather

Does anyone have a decent source for this at a reasonable price? 500mg a day is gonna get pretty freaking expensive. It's really hard to find anything but cream

OP
haidut

haidut

Only very high doses of progesterone MAY cause downregulation of 3b-HSD but this has not been observed in practice, at least in humans. You may be referring to the synthetic progestins like medroxyprogesterone acetate, which are known to block 3b-HSD but this is probably due to them being strong agonists of the androgen receptor and thus triggering negative feedback. All strong androgens inhibit 3b-HSD.
3β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase - Wikipedia

Regular progesterone, and especially in physiological doses does not seem to have this effect.
Progesterone treatment modulates mRNA OF neurosteroidogenic enzymes in a murine model of multiple sclerosis. - PubMed - NCBI
Neurosteroidogenesis and progesterone anti-inflammatory/ neuroprotective effects. - PubMed - NCBI
"... Progesterone pretreatment before EAE induction increased Star,VDAC, P450scc, 5α-reductase type I, 3α-HSOR and aromatase mRNAs and did not modify 3β-HSD. TSPO mRNA was decreased, possibly due to reversal of microgliosis."

More importantly, in lower doses progesterone is a good substrate for the 17,20-lyase and as such converts quite easily to androstenedione and thus testosterone. Young males produce a decent amount of progesterone and both pregnenolone and progesterone (in physiological doses) have been shown to be good raw materials for synthesis of T in human male gonads.
Finally, progesterone is very pro-thyroid and raises T3 levels. Any improvement in thyroid function increases 3b-HSD activity.

The study I posted was on rodents, in which progesterone is as good precursor to androgens as DHEA. So, for humans the dose needs to be a lot lower to be a good precursor to androgens. I think 10mg daily for males is good enough, especially when applied to scrotum. There are quite a few reports from bodybuilders raising their T levels with progesterone and pregnenolone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals