Niclosamide for fat loss/ uncoupling

Mauritio

Yesterday like 1 or 2 hours after taking I became really hypoglycemic. A big meal solved that and restored my mood . I must say my mood was and still is fantastic.
Not sure if related but at midnight I had a huge stomach cramp ,which only got better when I cracked my back and ate a tablespoon of coconut oil .
Because of that I didn't sleep much ,but still feel well and energetic this morning .
Another thing I noticed is that my hair and my skin looks a lot better ,as if I had just taken the right dose of progesterone or pregnenolone.
I lost a bit of weight but that's probably just normal fluctuation.
I'll try a smaller dose today.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Yesterday like 1 or 2 hours after taking I became really hypoglycemic. A big meal solved that and restored my mood . I must say my mood was and still is fantastic.
Not sure if related but at midnight I had a huge stomach cramp ,which only got better when I cracked my back and ate a tablespoon of coconut oil .
Because of that I didn't sleep much ,but still feel well and energetic this morning .
Another thing I noticed is that my hair and my skin looks a lot better ,as if I had just taken the right dose of progesterone or pregnenolone.
I lost a bit of weight but that's probably just normal fluctuation.
I'll try a smaller dose today.
Yes, the fantastic mood was the first thing I noticed, too. Perhaps it lowers serotonin and endotoxin.

Ben.

Didn't know of this one ... its yet another antihelmintic with a broader range of use other than parasites...
How can people even use the word dewormer in this political situation as a insult without looking completly silly?

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing.

Mauritio

Yes, the fantastic mood was the first thing I noticed, too. Perhaps it lowers serotonin and endotoxin.
I think so too. I also experienced small windows of bliss , like when my serotonin is low
Didn't know of this one ... its yet another antihelmintic with a broader range of use other than parasites...
How can people even use the word dewormer in this political situation as a insult without looking completly silly?

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing.
Yes thanks for sharing! @LadyRae

It's pure ignorance or malintent, I dont know...

It's an uncoupler and because of that it it's also a dewormer.
It's also anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-cancer and a possible cure for type 2 diabetes and fatty liver disease... but let's just call it a dewormer ?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

If you stacked this with aspirin, caffiene, and t3 would it speed up fat loss even more?
Well I am just experimenting on myself right now, but I do take those 3 things. @Hans is also experimenting, so maybe he and @Mauritio will report back soon too.

Right now I'm at the very end of my luteal phase and so my cyclical water retention is masking any potential weight loss that I was noticing about a week ago. My pants are still loose though. In about a week and a half I will know more as the water will subside.

Mauritio

If you stacked this with aspirin, caffiene, and t3 would it speed up fat loss even more?
I would try it solo first. If it doenst work you can add in the other compounds.
In some animal studies it didnt lead to weight loss (even weight gain), so we have to consider the possiblty that it simply might not work for weight less for everybody. It might have to be taken for a longer time span . Maybe it has to lean out the liver first, before it properly starts working...

Last edited:

Mauritio

For me there's no weight loss ,so far.

It seems to do something in my stomach and gut . My stools smell metallic and towards the evening I'm sometimes a little more constipated. I have also felt a sharp pinch in my liver twice. Yesterday I also had short period of diarrhea and acid reflux. Maybe some detoxing going on ...

I still get hypoglycemic after taking it and feel rather cold until I eat a bigger meal then I get comfortably warm.
Skin and hair is still softer .
Unfortunately the fantastic mood didn't prevail .
I seem to need an hour less sleep everyday.
And it seems to do something to my brain,too. I get random images of the past ,where I see a certain memory exactly as I saw it in that moment. Like I could describe the kind of wood of a wall in a hotel room that I've been to years ago. Those flashbacks are totally random and involuntary. I've read people having those kind of experiences when taking certain nootropics for the brain.

I'll keep taking it if nothing crazy happens.

Last edited:

laleto12

It seems to do something in my stomach and gut . My stools smell metallic and towards the evening I'm sometimes a little more constipated. I have also felt a sharp pinch in my liver twice. Yesterday I also had short period of diarrhea and acid reflux. Maybe some detoxing going on ...

I still get hypoglycemic after taking it and feel rather cold until I eat a bigger meal then I get comfortably warm.
And it seems to do something to my brain,too. I get random images of the past ,where I see a certain memory exactly as I saw it in that moment. Like I could describe the kind of wood of a wall in a hotel room that I've been to years ago. Those flashbacks are totally random and involuntary. I've read people having those kind of experiences when taking certain nootropics for the brain.

do you chew yomesan tablets or just swallow them? i might try this.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

I agree with you, very similar phenomena going on over here. For the first week, my sleep was better, but now after 2 weeks..... I am consistently waking up between 2-3am, even though I eat very car by dinners. In fact MORE carbs. (But I am also on day 26 of my cycle, and so that always throws things off a bit)

I'll be back to baseline in about 1/1.5 weeks and will reassess. I can't help but suspect that it is raising my stress hormones somehow....

Mauritio

I agree with you, very similar phenomena going on over here. For the first week, my sleep was better, but now after 2 weeks..... I am consistently waking up between 2-3am, even though I eat very car by dinners. In fact MORE carbs. (But I am also on day 26 of my cycle, and so that always throws things off a bit)

I'll be back to baseline in about 1/1.5 weeks and will reassess. I can't help but suspect that it is raising my stress hormones somehow....

That's kind of odd. I thought that was more of temporary issue.

Waking up at 2 or 3 AM is a classical sign of high adrenaline/ low glycogen . I thought that niclosamide would help with liver issues like that.

Maybe you're in the period where you're really ramping up your metabolism ,but liver health hasn't increased enough yet to store that much glycogen ...?
If this won't go away, I'd lower the dose . I get a powerful effect from just 100mg.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

That's kind of odd. I thought that was more of temporary issue.

Waking up at 2 or 3 AM is a classical sign of high adrenaline/ low glycogen . I thought that niclosamide would help with liver issues like that.

Maybe you're in the period where you're really ramping up your metabolism ,but liver health hasn't increased enough yet to store that much glycogen ...?
If this won't go away, I'd lower the dose . I get a powerful effect from just 100mg.
At this point I suspect that it has something to do with my female cycle. I'm always hungrier at this point of it, and I think the Niclosamide is definitely increasing my nutrient requirements.

I've even gotten up and had some chocolate covered raisins and orange juice to see if that would put me back to sleep, even put some potassium and sodium bicarbonate in the orange juice, but nothing has helped.. at least I go to sleep around 8 p.m. so it's not like I'm losing a ton of sleep relatively.

Mauritio

At this point I suspect that it has something to do with my female cycle. I'm always hungrier at this point of it, and I think the Niclosamide is definitely increasing my nutrient requirements.

I've even gotten up and had some chocolate covered raisins and orange juice to see if that would put me back to sleep, even put some potassium and sodium bicarbonate in the orange juice, but nothing has helped.. at least I go to sleep around 8 p.m. so it's not like I'm losing a ton of sleep relatively.
We'll see when your cycle ends :)

Do you feel well rested after those 6 or 7 hours of sleep ?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

We'll see when your cycle ends :)

Do you feel well rested after those 6 or 7 hours of sleep ?
Yes I do, strangely.... my circadian rhythm shifted by about three or four hours about two and a half years ago when I quit drinking all alcohol. I used to sleep ideally from about 11 p.m. till 8 a.m. Now I get tired by 7 p.m. and so I have been sleeping from about 8 p.m. until 3 AM. The only time I can sleep longer than 3 a.m. is if I take Cypro...

Also, my bowels and that whole system seems to want to get up and get going by 4 AM. I wonder if I have too much serotonin? And this is even before any coffee. I've been wondering if this is what is really waking me up at 3

Mauritio

Yes I do, strangely.... my circadian rhythm shifted by about three or four hours about two and a half years ago when I quit drinking all alcohol. I used to sleep ideally from about 11 p.m. till 8 a.m. Now I get tired by 7 p.m. and so I have been sleeping from about 8 p.m. until 3 AM. The only time I can sleep longer than 3 a.m. is if I take Cypro...

Also, my bowels and that whole system seems to want to get up and get going by 4 AM. I wonder if I have too much serotonin? And this is even before any coffee. I've been wondering if this is what is really waking me up at 3
So, waking up early doesn't have anything to with niclosamide?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

So, waking up early doesn't have anything to with niclosamide?
Well, although it is an issue I've been dealing with since my days of Keto, in the two weeks I've been taking Niclosamide, the first week I had great sleep but the second week it was bad again....

teds

Forum Supporter
Well, although it is an issue I've been dealing with since my days of Keto, in the two weeks I've been taking Niclosamide, the first week I had great sleep but the second week it was bad again....
@LadyRae still interesting data- Perhaps it’s something one should cycle?

Also- @Mauritio are you using pyrucet too?

Mauritio

Mauritio

Niclosamide inhibits a protein called ANO1 or TMEM16A.
The protein increases smooth muscle contraction and mucus secretion .
So it increases intestinal motility.

That's probably why niclosamide increases constipation for me.
For some reason the constipation at night is bothering me less. Normally a BM at night was super important for my well beeing. I also feel like there's less fecal matter overall. Not sure if it's just not coming out or if there's really less existant. I read once that a lot of the fecal matter is just dead bacteria...

Blocking ANO1 also lowers inflammatory cytokines and mucus production, which is why its helpful in lung conditions like COPD, asthma or cystic fibrosis.

"Thus, inhibition of mucus and cytokine release, bronchorelaxation, and reported antibacterial effects make niclosamide a potentially suitable drug for the treatment of inflammatory airway diseases, such as CF, asthma, and COPD."

(Niclosamide repurposed for the treatment of inflammatory airway disease)

(ANO1 - Wikipedia)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals