Niclosamide for fat loss/ uncoupling

Thank you for all of your input. I started taking it today. I shall report here. I use T4, and T3, and aspirin, and caffeine, and I also have a bit of an H. pylori issue. So it could help me against that.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Thank you for all of your input. I started taking it today. I shall report here. I use T4, and T3, and aspirin, and caffeine, and I also have a bit of an H. pylori issue. So it could help me against that.

Hey Welcome! We are all interested to hear your experience... ?

Mauritio

Glad somebody else is taking it . Looking forward to your review .
Hey Welcome! We are all interested to hear your experience... ?
Did you notice anything new ? Any difference on the scale ?

The bone destruction disease including osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis are caused by the imbalance between osteoblastogenesis and osteoclastogenesis. Inhibition of the NF-κB pathway was responsible for decreased osteoclastogenesis. Recently many studies indicated that niclosamide, the FDA approved an antihelminth drug, inhibits prostate and breast cancer cells growth by targeting NF-κB signaling pathways. This study evaluated the effects of niclosamide on osteoclast and osteoblast differentiation and function in vitro.

In RANKL-induced murine osteoclast precursor cell RAW264.7 and M-CSF/RANKL-stimulated primary murine bone marrow-derived macrophages (BMM), niclosamide dose-dependently inhibited the formation of TRAP-positive multinucleated osteoclasts and resorption pits formation between 0.5uM and 1uM.

In addition, niclosamide suppressed the expression of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1) and osteoclast differentiated-related genes in M-CSF/ RANKL- stimulated BMM by interference with TRAF-6, Erk1/2, JNK and NF-κB activation pathways. However, the cytotoxic effects of niclosamide obviously appeared at the effective concentrations for inhibiting osteoclastogenesis (0.5-1uM) with increase of apoptosis through caspase-3 activation in osteoblast precursor cell line, MC3T3-E1.

Niclosamide also inhibited ALP activity, bone mineralization and osteoblast differentiation-related genes expression in MC3T3-E1. Therefore, our findings suggest the new standpoint that niclosamide’s effects on bones must be considered before applying it in any therapeutic treatment.

Mauritio

The bone destruction disease including osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis are caused by the imbalance between osteoblastogenesis and osteoclastogenesis. Inhibition of the NF-κB pathway was responsible for decreased osteoclastogenesis. Recently many studies indicated that niclosamide, the FDA approved an antihelminth drug, inhibits prostate and breast cancer cells growth by targeting NF-κB signaling pathways. This study evaluated the effects of niclosamide on osteoclast and osteoblast differentiation and function in vitro.

In RANKL-induced murine osteoclast precursor cell RAW264.7 and M-CSF/RANKL-stimulated primary murine bone marrow-derived macrophages (BMM), niclosamide dose-dependently inhibited the formation of TRAP-positive multinucleated osteoclasts and resorption pits formation between 0.5uM and 1uM.

In addition, niclosamide suppressed the expression of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1) and osteoclast differentiated-related genes in M-CSF/ RANKL- stimulated BMM by interference with TRAF-6, Erk1/2, JNK and NF-κB activation pathways. However, the cytotoxic effects of niclosamide obviously appeared at the effective concentrations for inhibiting osteoclastogenesis (0.5-1uM) with increase of apoptosis through caspase-3 activation in osteoblast precursor cell line, MC3T3-E1.

Niclosamide also inhibited ALP activity, bone mineralization and osteoblast differentiation-related genes expression in MC3T3-E1. Therefore, our findings suggest the new standpoint that niclosamide’s effects on bones must be considered before applying it in any therapeutic treatment.
Interesting, although in vitro.
And I have no idea how much mg one would need to achieve a level of 0.5 to 1umol .
I think you need to know niclosamides molar mass to calculate that.

Mauritio

In this in vivo study they showed that niclosamide actually benefits bones .
Coincidently it has exactly the same mechanism of action as pregenolone for treating osteoporosis.

"In an in vivo model, niclosamide prevented lipopolysaccharide-induced bone loss by diminishing osteoclast activity. Taken together, our results show that niclosamide is effective in suppressing osteoclastogenesis and may be considered as a new and safe therapeutic candidate for the clinical treatment of osteoclast-related diseases such as osteoporosis."
(Niclosamide suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis and prevents LPS-induced bone loss - PubMed)

"...Preg protected mice against local Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammatory bone destruction in vivo by suppressing osteoclast formation."
(Pregnenolone Inhibits Osteoclast Differentiation and Protects Against Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Bone Destruction and Ovariectomy-Induced Bone Loss - PubMed)

And as haidut mentioned in this thread the MoA was more likely the inhibition of the endotoxin and subsequent inflammation.
(Pregnenolone (P5) - A New Osteoporosis Drug)

Second day. I woke up unusually early. Feeling a little endotoxinish. Took another 500mg today.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Second day. I woke up unusually early. Feeling a little endotoxinish. Took another 500mg today.
Yes, I had that same feeling, the early waking. And for the record I haven't taken it for the past week... I did take it for 2 weeks straight though, and honestly I don't feel a whole lot different.

Mauritio

Yes, I had that same feeling, the early waking. And for the record I haven't taken it for the past week... I did take it for 2 weeks straight though, and honestly I don't feel a whole lot different.
Okay :/guess I'm the only one taking it long term now. But I understand, I also don't feel a huge difference after two weeks . That's why i think we should take it at least 4 -8 weeks to give it a fair chance. Especially since it might take 2 or 3 months to lean out the liver .
With that beeing said I started NSI-189 yesterday just because I couldn't stop myself and I feel like I have a good idea of what niclosamide does.
I actually feel like niclosamide is good for me and sometimes even crave it. So I'm going to keep taking it.
I noticed a little weight loss in the last two days ,but I also had diarrhea so might or might not be related .

Mauritio

And of course Ray has an opinion on niclosamide ,too:

"I think it deserves more study, including for cancer treatment."

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Okay :/guess I'm the only one taking it long term now. But I understand, I also don't feel a huge difference after two weeks . That's why i think we should take it at least 4 -8 weeks to give it a fair chance. Especially since it might take 2 or 3 months to lean out the liver .
With that beeing said I started NSI-189 yesterday just because I couldn't stop myself and I feel like I have a good idea of what niclosamide does.
I actually feel like niclosamide is good for me and sometimes even crave it. So I'm going to keep taking it.
I noticed a little weight loss in the last two days ,but I also had diarrhea so might or might not be related .
Ok, I will continue taking it-?, you convinced me.... in the last week that I have not been taking it, I have noticed that I have very properly functioning morning bowel activities. Which means that my stomach is nice and flat. Keep in mind, I really don't have weight to lose as I am 5' 10" and I weigh 130 lb........

but what I do deal alot with is water retention and puffiness in my tissues, especially in my lower body. It is directly related to stress and low blood sugar. I also do really well when I take an adrenal cocktail with orange juice, succinic acid, potassium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate every morning....

I am aware that I noticed little things about my body that no one else does, but I don't think that I am completely off base wanting my butt and thighs to be nice and smooth like they have been for the past 20 years mostly except for a few pregnancies thrown in hahaha. I think my long-term goal is to control a tendency towards estrogen dominance and have properly functioning cells (metabolically). Both my mother and my aunt died of breast and ovarian cancer.

Bizarrely, when I was breastfeeding, which was an amazing and dear experience that lasted about 10 years for me spanned over four children, I could eat whatever I want and drink alcohol and stay skinny and could digest easily all of the things. Then about five years ago I quit breastfeeding, immediately could not tolerate gluten any longer, started running and doing keto and intermittent fasting, and although I didn't gain any weight, my sleep and my digestion went to crap. Throughout all of the stuff that I've done to myself, it's amazing that my weight has never fluctuated more than about 5 lb. When I quit drinking two and a half years ago, it definitely became easier to digest foods and my bloated puffy face disappeared.

Kram

What's your goal with NSI-189? Are you using free base or phosphate?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

@Hans has also been taking Niclosamide for about as long as me- 3 weeks now I believe- if I am accurately gauging the delay in his podcast postings..... I'm sure he will update us when he has something interesting to report ?

Mauritio

Ok, I will continue taking it-?, you convinced me.... in the last week that I have not been taking it, I have noticed that I have very properly functioning morning bowel activities. Which means that my stomach is nice and flat. Keep in mind, I really don't have weight to lose as I am 5' 10" and I weigh 130 lb........

but what I do deal alot with is water retention and puffiness in my tissues, especially in my lower body. It is directly related to stress and low blood sugar. I also do really well when I take an adrenal cocktail with orange juice, succinic acid, potassium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate every morning....

I am aware that I noticed little things about my body that no one else does, but I don't think that I am completely off base wanting my butt and thighs to be nice and smooth like they have been for the past 20 years mostly except for a few pregnancies thrown in hahaha. I think my long-term goal is to control a tendency towards estrogen dominance and have properly functioning cells (metabolically). Both my mother and my aunt died of breast and ovarian cancer.

Bizarrely, when I was breastfeeding, which was an amazing and dear experience that lasted about 10 years for me spanned over four children, I could eat whatever I want and drink alcohol and stay skinny and could digest easily all of the things. Then about five years ago I quit breastfeeding, immediately could not tolerate gluten any longer, started running and doing keto and intermittent fasting, and although I didn't gain any weight, my sleep and my digestion went to crap. Throughout all of the stuff that I've done to myself, it's amazing that my weight has never fluctuated more than about 5 lb. When I quit drinking two and a half years ago, it definitely became easier to digest foods and my bloated puffy face disappeared.
Yay! I think it's a good asset if you want to improve low blood sugar and estrogen dominance via increasing liver health. I'm in for that, too.
But I think it would take 1-3 months to lean out the liver (depending on the individual and the dosage taken)
I dont have any side-effects ,so I dont see why I wouldn't take it for a longer time. I get less hypoglycemia after taking it,now.
It also seems reasonably safe . Has been around for decades and administered to millions of people.

Interesting, from my limited understanding prolactin should be higher during breast feeding, so it's interesting that you noticed so many improvements during that time.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Yay! I think it's a good asset if you want to improve low blood sugar and estrogen dominance via increasing liver health. I'm in for that, too.
But I think it would take 1-3 months to lean out the liver (depending on the individual and the dosage taken)
I dont have any side-effects ,so I dont see why I wouldn't take it for a longer time. I get less hypoglycemia after taking it,now.
It also seems reasonably safe . Has been around for decades and administered to millions of people.

Interesting, from my limited understanding prolactin should be higher during breast feeding, so it's interesting that you noticed so many improvements during that time.
I noticed during my breastfeeding years that some of my friends would gain weight and feel all around crappy while breastfeeding, and then some people like me got really lean and had tons of energy and felt amazing. It probably has something to do with thyroid and diet of course

Mauritio

What's your goal with NSI-189? Are you using free base or phosphate?
I'm using 15mg of phosphate .
My goal is to improve my mood, brain fog and motivation. So far it seems to help a little . Also feel a bit more anxious ,but a lot of peole respond like that apparently.

I found an interesting graph showing that it lowers cortisol , in some even permanently and that how well it lowers cortisol in you, corresponds how you respond to it.

I know there's plenty of things that lower cortisol. But this feels quite different from the youth steroids , more like a microdose of LSD.

Aad

Mauritio, why are you not using the dosage used in the study? 40 mg/day and 80mg/day?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals