Niclosamide for fat loss/ uncoupling

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Do you mean you're taking all three currently? Am I reading that right? Or maybe you mean you're cycling them? Just curious.
Yes, all 3. For a week so far. My sleep is the best in 2 years. Lots of energy, no brain fog or anxiety

Mauritio

Haha! Yeah it reminds me of that commercial that says, you're not fat, you are just bloated! Anyway, like I posted just now, the gas and bloating was actually from an erythritol sweetener Jam that I was overdoing. And I was also wondering if the Niclosamide could also uncouple the mitochondria in gram-negative bacteria? Do bacteria even have mitochondria? Because I know that's how Niclosamide kills tapeworms...

I have noticed that the skin on my face is very glowy and smooth lately
Oh yeah I also can't digest erythritol well.
From what I've read I think the mechanism is the disruption of bacterial biofilm, that's probably why bacteria can't form resistance against niclosamide.

Mauritio

Yes, all 3. For a week so far. My sleep is the best in 2 years. Lots of energy, no brain fog or anxiety
That's indeed good to know. Niclosamide actually increases fatty acid oxidation (in some parts of the body) and pyrucet and mildronate powerfully lower FAO ,so they oppose each other in a sense .

Anyways, I found a cheap source and ordered some, so I'll be experimenting with it myself soon.

teds

Forum Supporter
@LadyRae thanks for posting. I’d be interested to hear your ongoing journey with this. Are you collecting any other info like temps? I’d be tempted to trial it and do waist measurement.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

@LadyRae thanks for posting. I’d be interested to hear your ongoing journey with this. Are you collecting any other info like temps? I’d be tempted to trial it and do waist measurement.
I haven't been taking my temp for a few months, since it was consistently in the mid-98s F for months on end. Perhaps I should though. I've noticed that about an hour after I wake up I am quite warm and I will have a tank top or t-shirt on in my house even though it's in the low 60s now. The rest of my family has sweaters on cruising around with blankets on their laps... I will go walk my dog after breakfast and walk my kids to school and I never have a coat even though it is in the upper 30s and lower 40s here in the mornings...

My jeans are all loose around my waist especially, and this is a great indicator of body fat loss for me because these are very close fitting skinny jeans. I've also noticed that the area above my knees looks more chiseled....

teds

Forum Supporter
I haven't been taking my temp for a few months, since it was consistently in the mid-98s F for months on end. Perhaps I should though. I've noticed that about an hour after I wake up I am quite warm and I will have a tank top or t-shirt on in my house even though it's in the low 60s now. The rest of my family has sweaters on cruising around with blankets on their laps... I will go walk my dog after breakfast and walk my kids to school and I never have a coat even though it is in the upper 30s and lower 40s here in the mornings...

My jeans are all loose around my waist especially, and this is a great indicator of body fat loss for me because these are very close fitting skinny jeans. I've also noticed that the area above my knees looks more chiseled....
Lol wow I love a chiseled knee!!!
No seriously it sounds like it’s having very positive effects. Keep up updated if you feel to. :)

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

That's indeed good to know. Niclosamide actually increases fatty acid oxidation (in some parts of the body) and pyrucet and mildronate powerfully lower FAO ,so they oppose each other in a sense .

Anyways, I found a cheap source and ordered some, so I'll be experimenting with it myself soon.
Where did you order yours from? I paid $88 for my bottle - ?120 count. 500mg each capsule.... From Niclosam

Mauritio

Where did you order yours from? I paid $88 for my bottle - ?120 count. 500mg each capsule.... From Niclosam
Okay I think yours is cheaper lol. I'm in germany and you can buy the Bayer version, called Yomesan,here . I just found one that was 6€ for 5 tablets because I normally only need a few days to say if a supplement is working for me or at least if there's going to be side effects that are a dealbreaker for me (constipation, hair loss , allergic reaction) . So 5 tablets will be enough to find that out. After that I'll probably have to order the same as you .

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Okay I think yours is cheaper lol. I'm in germany and you can buy the Bayer version, called Yomesan,here . I just found one that was 6€ for 5 tablets because I normally only need a few days to say if a supplement is working for me or at least if there's going to be side effects that are a dealbreaker for me (constipation, hair loss , allergic reaction) . So 5 tablets will be enough to find that out. After that I'll probably have to order the same as you .
Alrighty, thanks, good to know.

This morning I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a couple weeks and I could literally hold the waist out several inches. ? the last few days I have been craving a lot of fat free frozen yogurt that I love to eat, and I made my own pumpkin pie and a pear pie with gluten free crust. Lots of gelatin in there to make the pie solid.

Apples are in season here right now and I've been eating a lot of those and an orange every morning, goat milk in my morning coffee with collagen , lots of shrimp and oysters and some beef liver...

Mauritio

Alrighty, thanks, good to know.

This morning I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a couple weeks and I could literally hold the waist out several inches. ? the last few days I have been craving a lot of fat free frozen yogurt that I love to eat, and I made my own pumpkin pie and a pear pie with gluten free crust. Lots of gelatin in there to make the pie solid.

Apples are in season here right now and I've been eating a lot of those and an orange every morning, goat milk in my morning coffee with collagen , lots of shrimp and oysters and some beef liver...
Did you use pyrucet before niclosamide already or did you start both at the same time?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Did you use pyrucet before niclosamide already or did you start both at the same time?
About the same time. And I am consciously eating low fat.... it's taken me over a year to be able to metabolize carbs

Mauritio

About the same time. And I am consciously eating low fat.... it's taken me over a year to be able to metabolize carbs
Okay thanks! Maybe it's good that you take it with pyrucet. Not metabolizing carbs could mean you were (pre-)diabetic and I've already seen two animal studies where diabetic mice didn't loose any weight on niclosamide .They still had benefits on blood glucose markers ,but no weight loss.
So pyrucet might take care of the prediabetic state, so niclosamide can do its magic .
Just a guess...

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Okay thanks! Maybe it's good that you take it with pyrucet. Not metabolizing carbs could mean you were (pre-)diabetic and I've already seen two animal studies where diabetic mice didn't loose any weight on niclosamide .They still had benefits on blood glucose markers ,but no weight loss.
So pyrucet might take care of the prediabetic state, so niclosamide can do its magic .
Just a guess...
Exactly what I was going for! I really messed up my body when I practiced keto and intermittent fasting for several years. I remember having some Easter candy and a mimosa after being strictly keto for several months and getting all over water retention and brain fog and lethargy. It was scary. My legs were tight with fluid and I couldn't even zip up my pants . This all happened within a few hours . It's taken me a long time to get out of that state

Mauritio

Exactly what I was going for! I really messed up my body when I practiced keto and intermittent fasting for several years. I remember having some Easter candy and a mimosa after being strictly keto for several months and getting all over water retention and brain fog and lethargy. It was scary. My legs were tight with fluid and I couldn't even zip up my pants . This all happened within a few hours . It's taken me a long time to get out of that state
Wow ,that's intense .
I'm happy I only did keto for 3 months. I think it really messed with my immune system. Only got better when I reintroduced carbs .

teds

Forum Supporter
@LadyRae can I ask are you taking your pyrucet orally or topical? Can you indicate what dose you started at and have you increased or decreased? Thanks!

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

@LadyRae can I ask are you taking your pyrucet orally or topical? Can you indicate what dose you started at and have you increased or decreased? Thanks!
I take Pyrucet orally, 25 drops under my tongue right before or after breakfast. You need to be fueled, but nothing crazy. Lots of energy follows ?

Mauritio

Study was on Niclosamide ethanolamine.

So not the same.
I've seen a study where they compared those two. And they were almost exactly equally effective in all the things they looked at.

I read that Niclosamide ethanolamide is more water soluble so might have higher bioavailability.
Niclosamide itself is not very water soluble at all.

"Niclosamide, a BCS II drug, is practically insoluble in water and sparingly soluble in organic solvents (ethanol, dimethyl sulfoxide),..."
(pH-responsive delivery of anti-metastatic niclosamide using mussel inspired polydopamine nanoparticles - PubMed)

"In water = 5-8 mg/L at 20 °C"
(Niclosamide)

@LadyRae I have just taken 250mg and my mood has improved consoderably ,also my mind seems to be working pretty fast.
I just hope it wont constipate me as I already struggle with that .

Btw on niclosam they have some pretty good deals if you order the powder options .like 250g for 169€ is a pretty good deal (67cents/g) if you decide to take it for a longer time of course ...

Last edited:

Mauritio

It shares a similar structural motif with some other peaty substances like salicylic acid or doxycycline. So it's not suprising that it has aspirin's uncoupling effects and doxycycline's anti-bacterial effects.

"Niclosamide is a member of the salicylanilide class of pharmacologic agents and is a derivative of salicylic acid. Imbedded within these classes and within niclosamide is an aryl β-hydroxy-carbonyl pharmacophore motif. This structural motif is resident in a large number of diverse biological natural products isolated from plants, fungus and bacteria, and it is resident in multiple approved medicines across a variety of therapeutic categories. Representative examples of pharmacologic agents containing this motif are salicylic acid, diflunisal, aminosalicylic acid, antimycin, balanol, mycophenolate, flavonoids, doxycycline, daunorubicin, and eticlopride. In many of these examples a direct binding target and mechanism has been identified. Given the presence of this structural motif, it is not surprising that niclosamide has pleotropic biological activities and has the potential to interact with multiple biological targets"
(Niclosamide: Beyond an antihelminthic drug)

Mauritio

In this in vivo study you can see that even at very small doses ,niclosamide has strong anti-tumor effects.
At dosages as low as 10mg/kg the mice had 30-40% smaller tumors (depending on what kind of tumor it was) .This dose comes down to only 50-75mg for a human. So one tenth of a standard tablet.
nihms-293098-f0006.jpg

(Antihelminth compound niclosamide downregulates Wnt signaling and elicits antitumor responses in tumors with activating APC mutations - PubMed)

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

In this in vivo study you can see that even at very small doses ,niclosamide has strong anti-tumor effects.
At dosages as low as 10mg/kg the mice had 30-40% smaller tumors (depending on what kind of tumor it was) .This dose comes down to only 50-75mg for a human. So one tenth of a standard tablet. View attachment 29453
(Antihelminth compound niclosamide downregulates Wnt signaling and elicits antitumor responses in tumors with activating APC mutations - PubMed)
Really fascinating, thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals