Aspirin Comparable To DNP As Mitochondrial Uncoupler

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you really think dnp is dangerous? I think in low doses its probably safe no?

If properly dosed it should not be that dangerous but it looks like the risks are very person-specific. There are published case reports of people drying when taking even lower doses than the typically effective ones for weight loss.

schultz

Do you really think dnp is dangerous? I think in low doses its probably safe no?

I think in small doses it's perfectly fine, possibly even health promoting.

This is a fun study on using low doses over the lifetime of mice to mimic caloric restriction. It extended lifespan in the mice, and they weighed less than the control mice.

But mice are different than humans and sometimes they get exaggerated results, possibly because many variables can be controlled (hard to control humans in a study) or because they have some difference in their physiology (they do happen to look different than humans). The CLA studies on mice come to mind, where fatloss was quite dramatic in mice supplemented with CLA. Those kind of results never happened in humans as far as I know. You see this all the time though, where the effects of a drug or some such thing looks very promising in mice and then is a complete bust in humans. It's a fun study nevertheless.

"Our data showing that mild mitochondrial uncoupling not only promotes serological changes typical of caloric restriction, but also prevents tissue oxidative damage and enhances lifespan in mice fed standard laboratory chow containing 4% fat, establishes a novel class of effective caloric restriction mimetics: drugs that promote mild mitochondrial uncoupling. Further studies will hopefully determine whether the lifespan extending effects are linked to the bioenergetic, metabolic and redox changes promoted by DNP."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals