The Benefits Of Aspirin Outweigh The Bleeding Risks

Zpol

I posted a few studied in the past showing that instead of increasing bleeding in the brain and GI tract, aspirin protected from these very events, especially in people with life-threatening levels of bleeding.
GI Bleeding Risks Of Aspirin Are Grossly Overstated
Aspirin Actually Lowers Risk Of Bleeding In The Brain
Aspirin Reduces Death / Complications From GI Bleeding

I still think taking vitamin K with aspirin is a good idea due to the other effects of vitamin K as electron carrier, as discussed in this other thread.
Study Shows Aspirin Inhibits Mitochondrial Complex I
This new study analyzed all available data on aspirin bleeding risks and concludes that none of the cases were fatal and the overall increase of risk was rather small. As many people on the forum well know, the same is definitely not true about warfarin and the various other blood thinning drugs like Xarelto, which have a serious risk of fatal bleeding event and as such carry a black box warning from the FDA.

Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Trials to Ascertain Fatal Gastrointestinal Bleeding Events Attributable to Preventive Low-Dose Aspirin: No Evidence of Increased Risk
Aspirin a day could dramatically cut cancer and heart disease risk | Daily Mail Online
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161130104018.htm
"...Published in the journal Public Library of Science, the extensive study of literature on aspirin reveals that while regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence that any of these bleeds are fatal.

"...Professor Peter Elwood from Cardiff University's School of Medicine said: "Although many people use aspirin daily to reduce the risk of health problems such as cancer and heart disease, the wider use of the drug is severely limited because of the side effect of bleeding from the stomach. With our study showing that there is no increased risk of death from stomach bleeding in people who take regular aspirin, we hope there will be better confidence in the drug and wider use of it by older people, leading to important reductions in deaths and disablement from heart disease and cancer across the community.""

"...Heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death and disability across the world, and research has shown that a small daily dose of aspirin can reduce the occurrence of both diseases by around 20-30%. Recent research has also shown that low-doses of aspirin given to patients with cancer, alongside chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, is an effective additional treatment, reducing the deaths of patients with bowel, and possibly other cancers, by a further 15%. The study 'Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials to ascertain fatal gastrointestinal bleeding events attributable to preventive low-dose aspirin: No evidence of increased risk' can be found in Public Library of Science."

I'm having trouble putting all data together to formulate a protocol for myself. I have severe gastritis was told not to take aspirin. I understand that aspirin doesn't cause gastritis but do you think this data indicates it would be safe to take while having gastritis? As an anti inflammatory I would think it'd helpful as long as there were no harmful exipients.

Amazoniac

- Why Aspirin Goes Best With Bicarbonate and Glycine | Mito Lite #99
- Mechanism of action of aspirin - Wikipedia

@DaveFoster - You can't escape it, it will haunt you until the release of the book, and by then you should've developed an allergy.. to the topic, making you unwilling to promote it. Due to this, you might interpret as a failure since it's going to take a while for people to discover the masterpiece (dammit, Mito affected my word choice), and you'll beat yourself up with thoughts that the effort was in vain. Depression sets in and it's extended to all areas of your life: what's the point of starting another project if it's not worth at its conclusion? When its popularity catches up, you will reject the merit for fear of being betrayed again, the depression will progress to bitterness towards humanity. You will consider a mass shooting, but then you'll remember that there's also no longer point in doing it since revealing the identity of the author will be considered as criminal as the act itself for encouraging others to do it. Moving away from society becomes an option, and you'll embrace it to heart. The retreat will be somewhere that doesn't remind you of your past, so Mexico is out of question; you'll opt for Asia, the country. After many years of meditation and consideration, you'll realize that the problem wasn't in the society, it all started from within, so there's no justification to isolate yourself anymore. But the suppressed real motivation for the return is because at the time you didn't notice that this path was leading you to an invisble existence in a similar way as the unrevealed criminal identity, so you'll accept the idea that it's better to be known for something than nothing. You'll return a proud author with an unique and refresh'd life perspective added to the extreme popularity of your book, and you'll be the ultimate guru that people are after. Enjoy the journey.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

- Why Aspirin Goes Best With Bicarbonate and Glycine | Mito Lite #99
- Mechanism of action of aspirin - Wikipedia

@DaveFoster - You can't escape it, it will haunt you until the release of the book, and by then you should've developed an allergy.. to the topic, making you unwilling to promote it. Due to this, you might interpret as a failure since it's going to take a while for people to discover the masterpiece (dammit, Mito affected my word choice), and you'll beat yourself up with thoughts that the effort was in vain. Depression sets in and it's extended to all areas of your life: what's the point of starting another project if it's not worth at its conclusion? When its popularity catches up, you will reject the merit for fear of being betrayed again, the depression will progress to bitterness towards humanity. You will consider a mass shooting, but then you'll remember that there's also no longer point in doing it since revealing the identity of the author will be considered as criminal as the act itself for encouraging others to do it. Moving away from society becomes an option, and you'll embrace it to heart. The retreat will be somewhere that doesn't remind you of your past, so Mexico is out of question; you'll opt for Asia, the country. After many years of meditation and consideration, you'll realize that the problem wasn't in the society, it all started from within, so there's no justification to isolate yourself anymore. But the suppressed real motivation for the return is because at the time you didn't notice that this path was leading you to an invisble existence in a similar way as the unrevealed criminal identity, so you'll accept the idea that it's better to be known for something than nothing. You'll return a proud author with an unique and refresh'd life perspective added to the extreme popularity of your book, and you'll be the ultimate guru that people are after. Enjoy the journey.
Thank you for the links. I suppose the dissertation requirement of a doctoral program would demand a completion of the project, and so I should make haste regardless. If such a program required a school shooting, then I surmise that plenty of graduate students would oblige the request as a show of their lack of agency.

Jib

I am back on with aspirin. My quality of life is already so low from having such a suppressed metabolic rate, it's worth the risk to me for the potential benefits. Not to mention the physical pain I deal with from scoliosis. At first glance I look normal but my crooked spine (I have an extra vertebrate) has thrown everything out of balance quite a bit so every day I deal with at least some form of muscle pain and stiffness/aching. The aspirin has a very noticeable effect on that, in that it makes the pain disappear. Which is awesome.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's worth decanting. Do the starch and cellulose really cause so many issues that it's necessary to strain the sediment out and drink only the aspirin infused water? I have a little muslin bag I've been using, just swirl around the aspirin tablets in a cup of water and then strain through the cloth into another cup. Works very well but it sure would be easier to just pop tablets like normal pills.

Vinny

I am back on with aspirin. My quality of life is already so low from having such a suppressed metabolic rate, it's worth the risk to me for the potential benefits. Not to mention the physical pain I deal with from scoliosis. At first glance I look normal but my crooked spine (I have an extra vertebrate) has thrown everything out of balance quite a bit so every day I deal with at least some form of muscle pain and stiffness/aching. The aspirin has a very noticeable effect on that, in that it makes the pain disappear. Which is awesome.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's worth decanting. Do the starch and cellulose really cause so many issues that it's necessary to strain the sediment out and drink only the aspirin infused water? I have a little muslin bag I've been using, just swirl around the aspirin tablets in a cup of water and then strain through the cloth into another cup. Works very well but it sure would be easier to just pop tablets like normal pills.
It,s not only starch and cellulose, they put talc, i wouldnt want go into me this one, plus many other stuff too.
I,ll be purchasing asp for horses, it,s pure

Vinny

This is exactly what I needed to give it a go, благодаря ти, друже!

Ismail

Very interesting what Professor Peter Elwood mentions in this video at 12mins 40secs onwards:

View: https://youtu.be/yVCs0wxp_Vc?si=BIZQyNWBqdIspJ66

“Study after study has shown that stopping the aspirin immediately for someone who has been taking it for a long period of time increases their risk of a heart attack or a stroke, 4 fold and 7 fold increase respectively.”

I remember when someone within this community was asked whether it is dangerous to stop the aspirin abruptly, and they answered the question laughingly and said “no, nothing will happen” - I can’t seem to find the video and hence not naming the person out of respect until I can find it - just to make sure I heard it correctly.

Anyways, put this here for anyone else who has been wondering whether it is safe to immediately stop aspirin or to taper off gradually.

Dr. B

The lower doses (80mg - 100mg) ironically are the ones that thin the blood the most. So, maybe a single tablet of 325mg would be a better choice.
Whats the reasoning behind lower doses thinning blood more? I want to use aspirin specifically for its blood thinning effects, so should i use a half tablet everyday? That seems so odd how a lower dose can have a stronger thinning effect

Dr. B

It,s not only starch and cellulose, they put talc, i wouldnt want go into me this one, plus many other stuff too.
I,ll be purchasing asp for horses, it,s pure

The bayer brand 325mg aspirin tablets have very few ingredients. Just corn starch, i believe. No titanium oxide no talc. For some reason all other aspirins have horrible ingredients, even bayers own baby aspirin has a bunch of things in it. But the 325mg tablets have nothing besides corn starch and carnauba wax I believe. I dont think you need to decant them or do anything. Carbauba wax is probably safer than most additives

bagotage

Been taking 2 grams of aspirin daily for months, I dissolve it in boiling water with baking soda and hydrolyzed collagen, never experienced any bleeding or negative side effects of any kind.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals