GI Bleeding Risks Of Aspirin Are Grossly Overstated

haidut

Forum Supporter
This new study is a good follow up on two previous studies I posted indicating that aspirin actually protects from death due to the two major issues it is supposed to be causing - i.e. GI and brain bleeding.
Aspirin Actually Lowers Risk Of Bleeding In The Brain
Aspirin Reduces Death / Complications From GI Bleeding

This new study once again confirms that aspirin is really not as dangerous as mainstream medicine is trying to make it appear. While the study found that aspirin did slightly increase GI bleeding events, that was harmless.

http://www.gastroendonews.com/In-the-News/Article/08-16/Aspirin-s-GI-Risks-May-Be-Overstated/37502

"...The perception that aspirin raises the risk for deadly gastrointestinal bleeding appears to be a bad rap, a new study suggests. The study found that although low-dose aspirin prescribed to prevent cardiovascular illness is linked to GI bleeds, these events typically are mild and easily treated. While aspirin is linked to cerebral bleeding, which can be debilitating and in some cases fatal, those risks are more than offset by the number of ischemic strokes and cancers the drug prevents, according to the researchers. “Aspirin has been shown to lower the incidence and mortality of vascular disease and cancer, and has the potential to play an important global role in the protection of health and reduction of disease,” the researchers wrote. “However, the promotion of its use in the clinic is seriously impeded by the perception of unacceptable toxicity, in particular gastrointestinal bleeding.”

"...“Gastrointestinal bleeds constitute the majority of the adverse events caused by aspirin, however there is no evidence that the overall frequency of fatal GI bleeds is increased by aspirin,” the researchers reported. They presented their findings at the 2016 Digestive Disease Week (abstract Tu1072)."

It's interesting that cayenne(being very high in salicylates)both thins and thickens the blood, depending on what is needed. This is why using whole food medicinally is generally prefered...

When my eight year old son ran over my foot years ago(yes, you read that right!! He turned the key to shut off the irritating noise the door makes when left open when motor is on) and the car hopped on my foot while I was rearranging things in the back seat so my daughter could sleep, I used willow bark(the tree bark aspirin is made from) for pain and inflammation It worked! No side effects!

postman

"While aspirin is linked to cerebral bleeding, which can be debilitating and in some cases fatal, those risks are more than offset by the number of ischemic strokes and cancers the drug prevents, according to the researchers"

So they confirmed that aspirin can kill you by causing cerebral bleeding?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
"While aspirin is linked to cerebral bleeding, which can be debilitating and in some cases fatal, those risks are more than offset by the number of ischemic strokes and cancers the drug prevents, according to the researchers"

So they confirmed that aspirin can kill you by causing cerebral bleeding?

No they did not. They are quoting other studies. Also, in that very post is a link that found aspirin actually decreased risk of hemorrhaging stroke due to ruptured aneurysm. And here is another one that found those reported bleeding risks to be exaggerated.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/the-benefits-of-aspirin-outweigh-the-bleeding-risks.13851/

Candeias

Hate to be a killjoy cause @haidut is our reference now But
I've been taking a few grams of aspirin daily for maybe two months and today I had an endoscopy, I wasn't very careful with K or glycine supplementation, but I still maintained carefully a good consumption,
and two of the prognoses were:
- Erythema of the gastric mucosa
- Anthus erosive gastropathy

In short, for me, taking grams of aspirin daily for several months is a little risky

Madlash

I've been taking 325mg to 2g daily (edit: a normal day would be in the 325 to 650mg range) for about a year with no apparent problems, only inflammation-reducing benefits. I weigh about 210 and never take it on an empty stomach. I also supplement vitamin k daily.

tastyfood

Hate to be a killjoy cause @haidut is our reference now But
I've been taking a few grams of aspirin daily for maybe two months and today I had an endoscopy, I wasn't very careful with K or glycine supplementation, but I still maintained carefully a good consumption,
and two of the prognoses were:
- Erythema of the gastric mucosa
- Anthus erosive gastropathy

In short, for me, taking grams of aspirin daily for several months is a little risky

How did your symptoms manifest that it made you ask for an endoscopy? Were you having pain, excessive mucus, or seeing red in your phlegm?

I had issues with taking 4g per day but they manifested as asthma. I believe it was due to not buffering the aspirin enough with baking soda.

Candeias

I've been taking 325mg to 2g daily for about a year with no apparent problems, only inflammation-reducing benefits. I weigh about 210 and never take it on an empty stomach. I also supplement vitamin k daily.

I don't have symptoms either, but the endoscopy pictures show some sores. Well, I've been taking about 3 grams daily... and I think glycine is more important to maintain good GI stratum

tastyfood

In theory, about 1 to 2g of glycine per gram of aspirin should suffice, which can be easily ingested with a few scoops of gelatin.

Candeias

How did your symptoms manifest that it made you ask for an endoscopy? Were you having pain, excessive mucus, or seeing red in your phlegm?

I had issues with taking 4g per day but they manifested as asthma. I believe it was due to not buffering the aspirin enough with baking soda.

Endoscopy was only for diagnostic candidiasis, no symptoms of bleeding that I noticed

Madlash

I don't have symptoms either, but the endoscopy pictures show some sores. Well, I've been taking about 3 grams daily... and I think glycine is more important to maintain good GI stratum
Thanks, that's good to know so I don't get too cavalier with it. I only go over 1g if I'm having a headache or my back is particularly sore (issues I'm working on independently of the aspirin). I do also take collagen powder daily, and eat gelatin rich food weekly, I just never think of those as aspirin buffers.

bagotage

I've been doing high doses (probably at least 4g/day) for at least a month now, for sciatica, neuropathy, back pain, etc., with vitamin K, buffered with baking soda, alongside daily bone broth, and don't seem to have any particular negative symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals