Methylene Blue (MB) Uncouples Respiration

haidut

Forum Supporter
This was an in-vitro study, but knowing the effects of MB in vivo makes it very plausible that MB is indeed a respiration uncoupler similar to DNP.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9397007679

"...In tightly coupled, succinate-respiring mitochondria, addition of MB resulted in an acceleration of state-4 respiration, resulting in the overall decrease of RCR values, indicating the uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) (Fig. 3). Significant inhibition of OXPHOS was apparent after the addition of just 0.5 μM MB, whereas, mitochondria exposed to 5 μM MB demonstrated a much stronger inhibition. Our selected range of MB was based on recently published data reporting a mean concentration of MB [5 μM] attained in plasma after a single 100 mg intravenous bolus injection [30], a typical daily dose administered to patients receiving IFO."

The optimal concentration is achieved by a 100mg IV dose of MB, which is kind of high. However, you should be able to see results even from just 0.5microM, which is achievable after an oral dose of about 20mg-30mg.

RPDiciple

Hmm maybe i need to get my hands on that MB.
What other benefits does MB give? give me a short cliff list :D

Gl;itch.e

Sounds lovely but I can't seem to take much more than 250mcg in a single dose without getting some annoying headache symptoms. And since I'm only taking 2 doses a day (plus a little pre-workout) I haven't tried a daily dose much above 500-800mcg.

Gl;itch.e said:
Sounds lovely but I can't seem to take much more than 250mcg in a single dose without getting some annoying headache symptoms. And since I'm only taking 2 doses a day (plus a little pre-workout) I haven't tried a daily dose much above 500-800mcg.

I took less than one hundred and almost got the headache, also pupils seem to go all over the place in size which is neat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
^nanograms FTW.

Gl;itch.e

Such_Saturation said:
Gl;itch.e said:

I took less than one hundred and almost got the headache, also pupils seem to go all over the place in size which is neat.
Perhaps it truly does indicate what the state of health of ones cells currently are.

What positive effects are you getting?

@Such_Saturation @Gl;itch.e

When you feel burning from lactic acid you can take 2mg and it will go away in ten minutes. You will also get tingling in your brain (???) and your mood will be lifted. That's basically the only reliable thing it's good for.

aarfai

When you feel burning from lactic acid you can take 2mg and it will go away in ten minutes. You will also get tingling in your brain (???) and your mood will be lifted. That's basically the only reliable thing it's good for.
If that is the case would it be wise to take MB before a workout?

Yeah I think so, and you could also experiment with vitamin C and methylene blue, they seem to balance each other nicely.

heartnhands

This was an in-vitro study, but knowing the effects of MB in vivo makes it very plausible that MB is indeed a respiration uncoupler similar to DNP.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9397007679

"...In tightly coupled, succinate-respiring mitochondria, addition of MB resulted in an acceleration of state-4 respiration, resulting in the overall decrease of RCR values, indicating the uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) (Fig. 3). Significant inhibition of OXPHOS was apparent after the addition of just 0.5 μM MB, whereas, mitochondria exposed to 5 μM MB demonstrated a much stronger inhibition. Our selected range of MB was based on recently published data reporting a mean concentration of MB [5 μM] attained in plasma after a single 100 mg intravenous bolus injection [30], a typical daily dose administered to patients receiving IFO."

The optimal concentration is achieved by a 100mg IV dose of MB, which is kind of high. However, you should be able to see results even from just 0.5microM, which is achievable after an oral dose of about 20mg-30mg.
Greetings Haidut....Is this a possible balance against the adrenalin from Vyvance 30mg?

Which foods should one stay away while taking MB?

If you go over 10mg you should start to avoid foods like aged stuff. Everything that you also avoid when taking an old generation anti-depressant. Also avoid those medicines when taking methylene blue.

I drink 4 oz. of OJ and take one drop MB before my power walk and take another 4 oz. OJ when I get back. I've noticed I have way better stamina and endurance with less muscle soreness in my calves.

phobologe

Has anyone tried using 20-30mg+ of MB for some time? Did you notice any side effects?

Giraffe

I am trying to figure out for myself when MB could be a good thing to try. Thanks for the pointer.

I tried it only once (~ 1mg). My hands got warmer for 10 minutes, and I got headaches (the type that calls for sugar, but fruit juice did not do the trick as usual). Are you still getting headaches?

I'm using 3mg - 4mg, once a day, occasionally twice.

I find my thinking is clearer. It raises my temps for a few minutes maybe. I just feel better overall, much better. I love it.

I am trying to figure out for myself when MB could be a good thing to try. Thanks for the pointer.

I tried it only once (~ 1mg). My hands got warmer for 10 minutes, and I got headaches (the type that calls for sugar, but fruit juice did not do the trick as usual). Are you still getting headaches?

Nope.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals