Aspirin as a promoter of ephedrine-induced thermogenesis: potential use in the treatment of obesity

Thanos

Hi everyone
i have seen many debates and people in the forum getting confused about using supplements as aspirin,b3 etc etc. for weight loss..Specifically,discussion about aspirin,b2,pregnenolone stalling weight loss.People also report gaining weight on ray peat diet.
This study shows that supplementing aspirin alone failed to promote weight loss,but synergistic effect of aspirin and ephedrine that leads to greater weight loss than ephedrine alone.Do anyone has any idea how this synergistic effect works?Also,substituting one stimulant for another,caffeine instead of ephedrine.Do you guys think its gonna work same way for reversing obesity(caffeine synergizes with aspirin same way it synergized with ephedrine to accelerate weight loss and to the same degree?I remember Dr, peat and many discussions mentioning stuff like (aspirin and caffeine acts like thyroid,aspirin promotes weight loss,mitochondria uncouplers help weight loss,DNP drugs,Ephedrine,caffeine,aspirin combinations etc etc)I think figuring out how to use Peat substances or combination of substances and at correct doses can be helpful here.

ABSTRACT​

Chronic administration of aspirin to obese mice had no effect on energy balance and body composition. In contrast, ephedrine increased energy expenditure by 9% and reduced body weight and body fat by 18% and 50%, respectively: obesity, however, was reduced but not reversed. In the presence of both ephedrine and aspirin, increase in energy expenditure found during treatment with ephedrine alone was doubled, and the obese group lost greater than 75% of body fat: obesity was reversed. These studies indicate that although aspirin administered alone has no influence on energy balance it can markedly potentiate thermogenic properties of ephedrine, effects which led to a normalization of body composition of the obese to that of the lean. Such ephedrine-aspirin mixtures, often found in over-the-counter preparations for asthma and bronchial disorders, could be put to new use as aids for treatment of human obesity.

Kris

yea, poor rats. i wonder if rats are reading the forum? :)

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I took ephedra years ago before it was banned and lost weight with it , but I’m pretty sure I didn’t take it with aspirin.

Vinny

toolhead

Hi everyone
i have seen many debates and people in the forum getting confused about using supplements as aspirin,b3 etc etc. for weight loss..Specifically,discussion about aspirin,b2,pregnenolone stalling weight loss.People also report gaining weight on ray peat diet.
This study shows that supplementing aspirin alone failed to promote weight loss,but synergistic effect of aspirin and ephedrine that leads to greater weight loss than ephedrine alone.Do anyone has any idea how this synergistic effect works?Also,substituting one stimulant for another,caffeine instead of ephedrine.Do you guys think its gonna work same way for reversing obesity(caffeine synergizes with aspirin same way it synergized with ephedrine to accelerate weight loss and to the same degree?I remember Dr, peat and many discussions mentioning stuff like (aspirin and caffeine acts like thyroid,aspirin promotes weight loss,mitochondria uncouplers help weight loss,DNP drugs,Ephedrine,caffeine,aspirin combinations etc etc)I think figuring out how to use Peat substances or combination of substances and at correct doses can be helpful here.

ABSTRACT​

Chronic administration of aspirin to obese mice had no effect on energy balance and body composition. In contrast, ephedrine increased energy expenditure by 9% and reduced body weight and body fat by 18% and 50%, respectively: obesity, however, was reduced but not reversed. In the presence of both ephedrine and aspirin, increase in energy expenditure found during treatment with ephedrine alone was doubled, and the obese group lost greater than 75% of body fat: obesity was reversed. These studies indicate that although aspirin administered alone has no influence on energy balance it can markedly potentiate thermogenic properties of ephedrine, effects which led to a normalization of body composition of the obese to that of the lean. Such ephedrine-aspirin mixtures, often found in over-the-counter preparations for asthma and bronchial disorders, could be put to new use as aids for treatment of human obesity.

Back in the old days, the thermogenic combo of ephedrine and caffeine was augmented with aspirin as a way of prolonging the effect. Hence the name “ECA stack”