Niacinamide Experiences / Best Brand

FredSonoma

I have strong cravings for coffee, tobacco, and chicken, and I think it is because I am deficient in Niacin. What brands do people recommend for a niacinamide supplement? What was your experience with niacinamide? Do you think it will help me with bloating / face puffiness? Will it help me with anxiety?

4peatssake

FredSonoma said:
I have strong cravings for coffee, tobacco, and chicken, and I think it is because I am deficient in Niacin. What brands do people recommend for a niacinamide supplement? What was your experience with niacinamide? Do you think it will help me with bloating / face puffiness? Will it help me with anxiety?
Best resource to answer this question imo is Dan Wich's website
He keeps it updated regularly.

I personally use the powder from Pure Bulk.

Giraffe

Fred, I think you would benefit from posting your experiences and your questions in one thread in the testimonials/logs section instead of creating a new thread each time. If you put bits and pieces of information all over the forum it is difficult to get a picture.

tara

I use purebulk powder.
I can't speak to quality, since I can't really assess it, but what I like is that it has no fillers and it is easy for me to pick and adjust my dose. Cheap except for international postage.

docall18

Just be careful as high doses can cause headaches.

So think the headaches are from hypoglycemia,however i think its from low copper. Niacinamide is a copper antagonist.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Niacinamide makes me feel really tired :eek: could it be reducing stress hormones or something like that?

Sea

FredSonoma said:
post 103835 Niacinamide makes me feel really tired :eek: could it be reducing stress hormones or something like that?

I think it is more likely to be lowering your blood sugar.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

Sea said:
post 103838
FredSonoma said:
post 103835 Niacinamide makes me feel really tired :eek: could it be reducing stress hormones or something like that?

Ohhhh okay, so I should eat some sugar with it? Is eating white sugar with niacinamide a good idea?

Sea

FredSonoma said:
post 103848
Sea said:
post 103838
FredSonoma said:

Ohhhh okay, so I should eat some sugar with it? Is eating white sugar with niacinamide a good idea?

I will usually eat some honey or orange juice when I take niacinamide or I notice I won't feel right. But this is with 500-1000mg dosage, with a 100mg dosage you might not need any sugar.

M

marikay

Just be careful as high doses can cause headaches.

So think the headaches are from hypoglycemia,however i think its from low copper. Niacinamide is a copper antagonist.

I didn't know about the naicinamide reducing copper. What is your opinion on calcium increasing copper absorption?

dookie

For me it's irritating, I find it allergenic even at small doses. I've tried various brands.

stoic

I ordered from Thorne Research fingers crossed.

Thorne Research, Niacinamide, 180 Capsules

Why do you want to take it?
I started taking Thorne Niacinamide last week and I'm starting to feel a lot worse, especially after upping the dose to two pills a day (1x morning and 1x evening, after eating). Very frustrating as I hoped it could help with PFS and what I'm getting instead is a bad headache, plus light anxiety and irritability.
No idea why...

Experienced

Why do you want to take it?
I started taking Thorne Niacinamide last week and I'm starting to feel a lot worse, especially after upping the dose to two pills a day (1x morning and 1x evening, after eating). Very frustrating as I hoped it could help with PFS and what I'm getting instead is a bad headache, plus light anxiety and irritability.
No idea why...
The reason why I bought. Ray Peat On Vitamin B3 - Niacinamide - LifeGivingStore.com

I also ordered Thorne Research, Phosphatidyl Choline, 60 Gelcaps

With it together. Along with P5P and Biotin

Experienced

Yeah, I've read about the benefits, but there is no mention of how to dose it. I chose Thorne because of the quality but I think 500-1000mg might be too strong for some people...
I think splitting the dose is the best way to dose it and also taking choline with it.

Zigzag

Yeah, I've read about the benefits, but there is no mention of how to dose it. I chose Thorne because of the quality but I think 500-1000mg might be too strong for some people...
Ive been using 1,5g daily for like 3 weeks and to be honest? I've yet to feel anything.

Zigzag

Tf? Are you using choline. Or any methylated supp

Also how much sugar.
Just a couple of eggs from time to time, rarely though. Other supps are: b1, b6 (pyridoxine) and b2. Nothing fancy. I jsut take it with carbs and I don't even consume them that much maybe 200-250g a day. I'm one of those who barely gets any effects from supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals